Rumor Siemens is going to end their sponsorship with the parks - Spaceship Earth and IllumiNations

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
You guys help me. I'm reading everyone quoting everyone and getting confused. What is likely to be closed mid-September? Great Movie Ride or Spaceship Earth?

I'm having palpitations.

Spaceship Earth is in no danger of closing. Any major refurb is years away.

Next door, Universe of Energy is going to close. As well as TGMR. And... it seems both are closing around mid-September. August.

Last edited:

Movielover

He did mentioned it being in the "way future". I expect trackless to be the industry standard and much more advanced in the coming decades.

On the contrary, I think it will be so far in the future that tracked rides will have made the nostalgia and irony circle's of life and come back around to being popular, thus creating the ultimate Inception track-within-a-track tracked ride system!

3916078.jpg

rsm

I don't quite understand the allure of the trackless rides. Unless there is some interactive/responsive component that would make each ride unique, a track makes more sense for a ride with a predetermined path, doesn't require recharging, can traverse inclines, etc.

I guess I'm also just not a fan aesthetically of the pristine flat floor abruptly meeting the scenic. It reminds me of Star Trek TOS where the soundstage floor met the set.
The_Devil_in_the_Dark_105.JPG

Monorail_Orange

This discussion is making me very nervous...
Ditto. I mean, GMR sets the precedent that the icon ride for any park is no longer safe. If the artwork for Pixar Pier is correct and to be taken literally, then Mickey's Fun Wheel, another park icon, is likewise no longer safe. On top of all that, you have Seimens dropping the sponsorship...yeah, something's up. Martin has said enough for us to know the game's afoot. It remains to be seen when, and what exactly will happen.

KBLovedDisney

Ditto. I mean, GMR sets the precedent that the icon ride for any park is no longer safe. If the artwork for Pixar Pier is correct and to be taken literally, then Mickey's Fun Wheel, another park icon, is likewise no longer safe. On top of all that, you have Seimens dropping the sponsorship...yeah, something's up. Martin has said enough for us to know the game's afoot. It remains to be seen when, and what exactly will happen.
Wonder if this means that the Millennium Falcon will be DHS' next icon...:cautious:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom