Rumor Siemens is going to end their sponsorship with the parks - Spaceship Earth and IllumiNations

HMF

How long will it take to strip out the Siemens stuff from the ride? I imagine the signs could be removed in a day or 2 but they also need to change the video at the beginning and end of the ride plus some stuff in the post ride exhibit space. Are we looking at a multi-month shut down or just a few days? I ask for selfish reasons. I'll be there in November and since the contract expires in Oct I want to feel out if there's a good chance the ride will be open or closed while I'm there.
I hope they take the opportunity to make some slight edits to the narration to make it slightly less painful until version 5 comes around. Also turn the darn chariot back on and turn the paper boy around.

Goofyernmost

I hope they take the opportunity to make some slight edits to the narration to make it slightly less painful until version 5 comes around. Also turn the darn chariot back on and turn the paper boy around.
I agree with the chariot, but, I have attempted to explain that to actually stay in theme the boy should be facing the street (look past him and see the street) where he is hawking newspapers to the public. We, on our time traveler, are not customers, in fact, to them we don't even exist. Why would he be trying to sell papers to a group of people that he cannot see, hear, or even be aware of their presence. I know it was that way originally, but, perhaps we can allow ourselves the luxury of understanding that the original designers were human beings and capable of not completely thinking out every single aspect of that ride. (there is a lot there to concentrate on) In other words they made a mistake. Hard to believe, I know, but, if that is the only thing wrong, we should be completely impressed. We wouldn't have that great an ability to foresee all possible contradictions to theme.

GeneralZod

Where else would i be able to thank the Phoenicians :(
1477835_262866700530881_222126267_n.jpg

shernernum

I agree with the chariot, but, I have attempted to explain that to actually stay in theme the boy should be facing the street (look past him and see the street) where he is hawking newspapers to the public. We, on our time traveler, are not customers, in fact, to them we don't even exist. Why would he be trying to sell papers to a group of people that he cannot see, hear, or even be aware of their presence. I know it was that way originally, but, perhaps we can allow ourselves the luxury of understanding that the original designers were human beings and capable of not completely thinking out every single aspect of that ride. (there is a lot there to concentrate on) In other words they made a mistake. Hard to believe, I know, but, if that is the only thing wrong, we should be completely impressed. We wouldn't have that great an ability to foresee all possible contradictions to theme.
I thought the same thing about his direction until it was pointed out to me that he is facing a matte painting of a dark and empty street. So, there are no customers in that direction either.

Goofyernmost

I thought the same thing about his direction until it was pointed out to me that he is facing a matte painting of a dark and empty street. So, there are no customers in that direction either.
Well that is were imagination comes in handy. Just cause you can't see them doesn't mean there not there. ;):)

dreday3

You guys help me. I'm reading everyone quoting everyone and getting confused. What is likely to be closed mid-September? Great Movie Ride or Spaceship Earth?

I'm having palpitations.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom