News Remy's Ratatouille Adventure coming to Epcot

djdan888

I wonder how the existing restaurant and shops will be serviced now? Are we gonna see stock being pushed through the streets? Although that would be very Parisian, somehow I think Disney won't allow that.

IAmFloridaBorn

It's good! It's a pretty solid film, but it sort of gets lost with Wall-E & Up since they fell between Cars and Toy Story 3 (aka the franchise films).
I have wondered for years why Wall E didnt get a second movie or an attraction at EPCOT. But Wall E , Rat, and UP didnt get second movies either. Those middle tier movies are usually underrated from Disney IMO.

Princess Leia

I have wondered for years why Wall E didnt get a second movie or an attraction at EPCOT. But Wall E , Rat, and UP didnt get second movies either. Those middle tier movies are usually underrated from Disney IMO.
Honestly, I'm glad that those 3 didn't get sequels. They're pretty perfect as they are.

Wall-E would make a beautiful ride though. Something to make you feel like you're spinning and twirling around in space.
wall-e-space-dance.jpg

hpyhnt 1000

I wonder how the existing restaurant and shops will be serviced now? Are we gonna see stock being pushed through the streets? Although that would be very Parisian, somehow I think Disney won't allow that.

That would be no different than the current UK, Morocco, and Mexico pavilions, each of which have restaurants (and shops) with no direct backstage access.

But permits show a new fire lane/backstage road being built around the Ratatouille expansion area, which should maintain reasonable access for the existing pavilion (see red circle).

(stealing the colorized version from @MisterPenguin)
Screen Shot 2017-07-20 at 10.43.53 AM.png

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
@marni1971 Do you know if they are going to knock doorways out of the back of the store that IDF exits into? I think that's this building in the center, correct? It would be great if there were more of a circular path through France rather than a couple of separate dead ends.

View attachment 216657
That's actually the back of the service kitchen so I doubt it.

SirLink

I'm gonna suggest that TDO knows what it is doing, and builds on the fastest timeline it can. Considering the stages required, from earthworks to finish paint, it's not a quick process. And you CAN'T TEACH THAT.

Burbank is known to spread costs over multiple fiscal years to reduce costs, things like Rat Disney should be flinging both money an construction crews at this. Do what Uni did with Transformers and get in built ASAP.

SirLink

Build a big box warehouse along World Showcase promenade and theme it as a painted cheese wedge?

It is simply prefabbed pieces of sets that will get produced by a local orlando company driven to resort and attached to the outside. Disney should be using as much local as possible to produce the prefabbed pieces rather than making them in Cali and shipping them to O-Town.

Again if cared enough to get Rat and more open it will help later on when capacity is on its behind.

hpyhnt 1000

@marni1971 Do you know if they are going to knock doorways out of the back of the store that IDF exits into? I think that's this building in the center, correct? It would be great if there were more of a circular path through France rather than a couple of separate dead ends.

View attachment 216657

That's actually the back of the service kitchen so I doubt it.

Is there not a gap between the Les Halles Bakery kitchen and the IDF theater? An overhead view on Google Earth shows a narrow space that looks pretty empty apart from a theater service stairway and bakery rooftop access (which I assume could be relocated):

Screen Shot 2017-07-21 at 10.26.49 AM.png

Looking at YouTube vids, it looks like there's an existing emergency exit door from the Les Halles gift shop into this area, so in essence there's already access.
Screen Shot 2017-07-21 at 10.40.38 AM.png

So once Ratatouille opens, I guess the doorway could be widen, the corridor themed, and the space put into general guest use?

Perhaps the biggest drawback is trying to manage crowding. The eastern half of the France pavilion is already pretty narrow and gets jammed as it is. It may be best to keep Ratatouille crowds to the outside of the main pavilion on the new paths rather than giving them access into the existing areas.

Another overhead. You can see how narrow the existing path past the ice cream shop is.
Screen Shot 2017-07-21 at 11.01.37 AM.png

Last edited:

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Is there not a gap between the Les Halles Bakery kitchen and the IDF theater? An overhead view on Google Earth shows a narrow space that looks pretty empty apart from a theater service stairway and rooftop access bakery (which I assume could be relocated):

View attachment 216855

Looking at YouTube vids, it looks like there's an existing emergency exit door from the Les Halles gift shop into this area, so in essence there's already access.
View attachment 216856

So once Ratatouille opens, I guess the doorway could be widen, the corridor themed, and the space put into general guest use?

Perhaps the biggest drawback is trying to manage crowding. The eastern half of the France pavilion is already pretty narrow and gets jammed as it is. It may be best to keep Ratatouille crowds to the outside of the main pavilion on the new paths rather than giving them access into the existing areas.

Another overhead. You can see how narrow the existing path past the ice cream shop is.
View attachment 216861
There may small gap indeed between the 1982 theatre and the bakery kitchen added in the past decade.

And crowding will be an issue. I dare say a separated exit lane will run along the entrance / queue route.

djkidkaz

The artwork makes it appear that the eiffel tower is moving to on top of the Les Halle building from the IdF theater building.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom