News Tron coaster coming to the Magic Kingdom

Mike S

Completely agree. Disney World has stagnated for a decade..there's now 6 E-tickets being built, and a fun looking Toy Story Land with the promise of more and we've just got a great new area on Pandora.

Think back to previous D23s and the feeling around here when Universal were building Potter...and Disney just weren't interested in doing anything.
Universal has to deliver with Nintendo and their third park now. Also whatever's replacing Dragon Challenge.

UpAllNight

Universal has to deliver with Nintendo and their third park now. Also whatever's replacing Dragon Challenge.

I think they need to up their game I think they're starting to believe their own hype (some of it deserved) but they've half baked Kong, Volcano Bay, the Hulk Re-do & I question the current state of Universal Studios' direction with Fallon (a decent ride but not needed & adds nothing) and Fast and Furious...which seems odd.

By most accounts exciting new things are coming to Universal.

Disney4family

I trust @marni1971 who "predicted" virtually everything that was announced today.
upload_2017-7-16_8-7-37.jpeg

ToTBellHop

Completely agree. Disney World has stagnated for a decade..there's now 6 E-tickets being built, and a fun looking Toy Story Land with the promise of more and we've just got a great new area on Pandora.

Think back to previous D23s and the feeling around here when Universal were building Potter...and Disney just weren't interested in doing anything.
6? I would argue the new theatre makes 7. But I guess you'd have to hear what the show is going to be to agree.

LaunchPadMcQuack

I'm really excited about the Tron coaster. I have been dying to try this since I saw videos of it at the Shanghai Park. I think it is great that it is an addition and not a replacement to the Speedway. I still would like to see the Speedway updated. Replace the cars with quieter electric cars, make it Sugar Rush from Wreck-It Ralph or make it Cars themed.

azox

There will always be negativity, just a way of life.

I agree there are a few negative people, but over all I think the majority of people are very happy about Tron coming. I am so glad we are getting this ride and hopefully associated effects too. (would be cool if we get some of the water effects outside of it ) By far this is probably my favorite E ticket announcement since Everest was built.

How long till we see permits start happening? :)

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I agree there are a few negative people, but over all I think the majority of people are very happy about Tron coming. I am so glad we are getting this ride and hopefully associated effects too. (would be cool if we get some of the water effects outside of it ) By far this is probably my favorite E ticket announcement since Everest was built.

How long till we see permits start happening? :)

I am not a coaster fan so I will never ride this, but with that said I think it's a good addition to the park, especially since nothing it being removed to build it. I am also a big Tron fan so it's nice to see it coming to the parks.

No Name

I think it will ironically be better situated in MK than Shanghai. The orientation tucks the most egregious part beside Space Mountain. The view from Dumbo maybe not as great.

Don't love clones... but it's certainly a fun ride (whether or not it is short) and they surprisingly didn't hack the Tron cover meaning tomorrowland gets a really nice place-making element. MK is on track to have the best tomorrowland of all the Dis parks if these other rumours come to fruition.

I agree. Actually I think the view from out of the park is what will suffer most. When you're riding the monorail, you'll pass by Space Mountain, a building fully themed from all angles, and then pass by Big Blue Box... I think that will be particularly jarring.

Oh well. I'm interested and half-excited to see how it turns out. I still find the irony of the whole thing amusing.

The more appropriate analogy would be like putting Rock N' Roller Coaster next to Space Mountain. Tron looks a whole lot like RNRC.

The physical coaster track itself, yes. The theme? Not sure I agree.

Haha yeah pretty much, just a lot worse, imo. At least you can't see ventilation and emergency staircases and stuff on the Soarin' building.

Last edited:

docdebbi

I feel very out of the loop, I don't know what kind of coaster we're talking about here. Just went to youtube and watched some videos and still can't figure it out. Are we talking sort of mild - Expedition Everest/Space Mountain - kind of coaster or the crazy new straight up/straight down/17 upside down loops/corkscrews kind of stuff I see at Sea World and local parks.
I borderline enjoy aerosmith (although I worry the whole ride the harness will break and I will be flung to my death), so is similar intensity, or more intense?
thanks for insights!

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I feel very out of the loop, I don't know what kind of coaster we're talking about here. Just went to youtube and watched some videos and still can't figure it out. Are we talking sort of mild - Expedition Everest/Space Mountain - kind of coaster or the crazy new straight up/straight down/17 upside down loops/corkscrews kind of stuff I see at Sea World and local parks.
I borderline enjoy aerosmith (although I worry the whole ride the harness will break and I will be flung to my death), so is similar intensity, or more intense?
thanks for insights!

It's a launch coaster, probably comparable to Rock'n'Roller coaster, although it doesn't have any inversions. Here is a picture of the interior part before the showbuilding was built around it.

Capture.JPG

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom