News Tron coaster coming to the Magic Kingdom

ToTBellHop

Can you answer the "Tron mini-land" question..? Is it coming?

That's sounds positive! Would be great for all of tomorrowland to get a new sleek look...without losing those 2 attractions.
Sleek and modern are how I'd describe the overall aesthetic. You can already get glimpses of the new look.

They aren't just plopping a new E-ticket down and walking away.

rct247

Could/would they ever replace Space Mountain with a highly innovative non-coaster type ride?

Is a TRON coaster the start of a TRON mini-land or realm that is part of a new digital city concept that could tie in multiple gaming and digital spaces (think Wreck-It Ralph with Game Central Station but as a city)?

radiohost

I guess my two year old and I laying on the ground in protest on turn 3 of the speedway last week (causing one heck of a traffic jam) convinced Disney to not build on top of the speedway!

Bad joking aside, I am very thrilled with this working out the way it did, a win-win for everyone!

articos

Can you answer the "Tron mini-land" question..? Is it coming?

That's sounds positive! Would be great for all of tomorrowland to get a new sleek look...without losing those 2 attractions.
Never say it's coming until it's built, but I will say they are not planning to add attractions and leave a hodgepodge of styles. Don't expect major changes to the show buildings of iconic attractions, but once things are complete it will all look nice together.

ToTBellHop

Never say it's coming until it's built, but I will say they are not planning to add attractions and leave a hodgepodge of styles. Don't expect major changes to the show buildings of iconic attractions, but once things are complete it will all look nice together.
Dusting, painting, and removing hideous setpieces (gears!) goes a long way. The architectural stylings are already compatible as the new look actually complements the pre-90s look.

rudyjr13

Not a big Tron fan yet. May have seen original years ago and haven't seen new one but this will motivate me to watch both. Also adding another coaster is a great idea. It will alleviate some of the current crowd issues. Remember by then, Epcot and DHS will have many new experiences to spread out the crowds.

Tay

All I care about it is an addition and not a replacement. I remember someone saying the Speedway could fit 3-4 attractions. Hopefully they're making plans for a replacement for it soon. Committing that much money to MK with so much needed in the other 3 parks right now is asking a lot for them.

Hopefully they can do massive refurbs of Space Mountain and Buzz and all the other rides they need before the 50th.

Lora Baines Bradley

Not a big Tron fan yet. May have seen original years ago and haven't seen new one but this will motivate me to watch both. Also adding another coaster is a great idea. It will alleviate some of the current crowd issues. Remember by then, Epcot and DHS will have many new experiences to spread out the crowds.

I would definitely recommend the Tron: Uprising series that takes place between the two films. Most fans, including myself, enjoy it more than the movies. It's on Hulu.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom