News Tron coaster coming to the Magic Kingdom

JimW

Premium Member
LOL the speedway is literally in the Tron concept art.

Use your eyes

Tron_Full_30589.jpg
I'll admit that I'm dumb, but what's the blue hoho building just below Space Mountain?

RustySpork

Oscar Mayer Memer
... and today demonstrated why we listed to our resident "experts".

That's right, you look at a picture and you see it as a fact. You guys act like nobody else can ever have any information or knowledge. It's amazing. Like I said we'll see how it plays out. I'm not going to play these stupid games again. Believe the pictures, pictures are always facts. /thread

danlb_2000

Premium Member
That's right, you look at a picture and you see it as a fact. You guys act like nobody else can ever have any information or knowledge. It's amazing. Like I said we'll see how it plays out. I'm not going to play these stupid games again. Believe the pictures, pictures are always facts. /thread

I trust @marni1971 who "predicted" virtually everything that was announced today.

JimW

Premium Member
Maybe I missed something. Can you please expound on this post?

I'm not intentionally being obtuse, btw. I'm just missing context, I think.

rct247

I'm very excited about this addition! I like that where it is placed because the massive show building will be better there than other possibilities, but it still really makes me wonder about the future of Space Mountain.

While TRON, doesn't take place in Space, the ride has some similarities. If Space Mountain does not get updated, it will look outdated or at the very least look worn out compared to the new kid on the block. If it does get updated, most of our futuristic attractions have similar looks these days. TRON has a distinct look, but part of Space piggy-back on that look. Space might receive some clean up to make it look refreshed for the 50th, but an entire track replacement and upgrade probably wouldn't happen until just after the 50th.

I'm not at all worried about what will become of the Speedway.

ToTBellHop

Umm, sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but the Light and Power building is still there in the concept art...

(it's there just under Space Mountain in the pic)

image_wdw_tron-jpg.215710

On the plus side, its entrance looks different, so maybe they change a few things...?
Much of TL will be worked on to continue the sleek, modern aesthetic they've been developing.

I like REVIVE.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
I'm very excited about this addition! I like that where it is placed because the massive show building will be better there than other possibilities, but it still really makes me wonder about the future of Space Mountain.

While TRON, doesn't take place in Space, the ride has some similarities. If Space Mountain does not get updated, it will look outdated or at the very least look worn out compared to the new kid on the block. If it does get updated, most of our futuristic attractions have similar looks these days. TRON has a distinct look, but part of Space piggy-back on that look. Space might receive some clean up to make it look refreshed for the 50th, but an entire track replacement and upgrade probably wouldn't happen until just after the 50th.

I'm not at all worried about what will become of the Speedway.
You raise some good points, I have the same concerns. Space and Carousel are going to seem very out of place.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom