News Disney Not Renewing Great Movie Ride Sponsorship Deal with TCM ; Attraction to Close

MerlinTheGoat

I don't know that level of detail. I would imagine it still needs to look like the real theatre until guests are pulled out of the theatre.

This will be a fun ride--wait til you see the ride system they didn't talk about! It'll have some impressive visuals but I admit I don't really care for the Mickey aesthetic and wish they had gone classic.
Is there going to be anything physical in the ride at all, either sets or animatronics? If so, could you give a sort of percentage/ratio of screens to physical scenery?

CaptainAmerica

Is there going to be anything physical in the ride at all, either sets or animatronics? If so, could you give a sort of percentage/ratio of screens to physical scenery?
It's not like anything you've ever seen before. This is honestly going to blow people away. Picture projections ON physical scenery. Like you're inside one of the castle projection shows. Kind of.

ToTBellHop

I'm not aware of any AAs.

It's projection based but that doesn't mean there won't be practical effects. Projections on physical sets. It's not just screens like Rat. It will be immersive and you'll feel like you're in a cartoon if they can pull it off (what they are attempting is ambitious).

the_rich

It's projection based but that doesn't mean there won't be practical effects. It's not just screens like Rat. It will be immersive and you'll feel like you're in a cartoon if they can pull it off (what they are attempting is ambitious).
I'm pretty much happy with everything that was announced. After reading this I'm particularly intrigued if it's as ambitious as made out to be.

CaptainAmerica

It's projection based but that doesn't mean there won't be practical effects. Projections on physical sets. It's not just screens like Rat. It will be immersive and you'll feel like you're in a cartoon if they can pull it off (what they are attempting is ambitious).
Yeah people really arent getting it. It's not just a Mickey themed dark ride. They're really innovating here.

ToTBellHop

Yeah people really arent getting it. It's not just a Mickey themed dark ride. They're really innovating here.
In everyone's defense, I don't think it was presented very well today. The announcement was quite vague and there wasn't any effective concept art. I would imagine optimism will grow as concept art and ride descriptions are released.

CaptainAmerica

In everyone's defense, I don't think it was presented very well today. The announcement was quite vague and there wasn't any effective concept art. I would imagine optimism will grow as concept art and ride descriptions are released.
I guess. Feels like people being negative for negativity's sake. Like complaining about the new 2D Mickey design... which is entirely based on the classic Mickey design that people should ostensibly love.

the_rich

That one bit they showed in the warehouse did remind me of the changing projections on the castle. Though they definitely could've gone further. Are they worried that it's to ambitious and they don't want to over promise and under deliver.

sunsetblvd26

Everything you're saying sounds incredible, and I want to be really excited about this...I just can't get over the fact that it's replacing GMR. If it was going where Launch Bay is this couldn't be more perfect of a project, but alas.

(And the fact that they didn't even have the mouse ears to say that GMR would be taken out goes to show that they know it's a crappy idea to remove it).

ToTBellHop

I guess. Feels like people being negative for negativity's sake. Like complaining about the new 2D Mickey design... which is entirely based on the classic Mickey design that people should ostensibly love.
Sounds like every project here lol

I think people need to give this ride a chance. I'll miss GMR but I'll move on. It's good that Disney is pulling off the Band-Aid quickly.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom