News Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind attraction confirmed for Epcot

JohnD

I love the MCU and I love Guardians. Unabashedly.

But considering the MCU is the crown jewel of franchises, the series every other studio desperately wants, the property that has changed how all of Hollywood does business... the way Disney has been using it in the parks really gives the impression they think its not very important at all.

I mean, TRON gets a new build, and the MCU gets shoved into pre-existing structures. Its a bad message to send.
Gotta say the ride looks like it could be great since it's not being shoved into something like ToT.

At the same time, I have a very deep affection for those Dinosaurs. I loved Dinosaurs as a kid and this was my favorite ride because of it. I'll miss you Stupid Judy and Epcot :cry:

I'll miss dinosaurs. Ellen, Nye, Alex, and Stupid Judy not so much.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Gotta say the ride looks like it could be great since it's not being shoved into something like ToT.

At the same time, I have a very deep affection for those Dinosaurs. I loved Dinosaurs as a kid and this was my favorite ride because of it. I'll miss you Stupid Judy and Epcot :cry:
Pretty much sums up how I feel. Tough to let it go, but a 45 min ride in the age of Twitter was destined to go extinct;)

Oddysey

Discussion is one thing, but complaints from the same posters, over and over, gets a little tiresome. At some point, you'd think one would just accept that their vision of WDW isn't ever going to happen. Disney announced so much today and all some posters can do is find something to complain about. It's really really, sad.

The sum of today's announcements equate to a net positive, but in my opinion, the continued "Wal-Marting" of Epcot is really really, sad. This is forum where people are going to have differing opinions, and if you are particularly tired of certain posters opinions, the forum admins were nice enough to provide an ignore option. Instead of complaining about someone complaining, I suggest you utilize said option.

Lora Baines Bradley

Get over yourself. This isn't about you. Embrace change. Why don't all you complainers go start a, "we hate anything Disney does" thread so those of us that want to talk about the progress and change happening at WDW can do so without the clutter of nonsensical crap that won't change the outcome that you want. The time for speculation and personal wishes has passed. These changes ARE happening. You don't have to like them, but complaining about them does not change the reality of what IS coming. Wasn't it great when hamburgers were 10cents back in the day?

I can't speak for everyone else against this change, but for me, my main beef is where this is going and pretending you are adding something that is in line with the original purpose of EPCOT Center, when it obviously is not.

I don't have anything against GotG, in fact, I am a huge fan of the MCU and would have been ecstatic if this was going in RNRC. I was earnestly refreshing the Live Action panel today just for a snippet of Infinity War news.

The dislike towards this is mainly fueled by the fact that recent IP insertions into EPCOT have been lackluster. It's not in line with what EPCOT is about, which is why people on here are so upset.

I'm not in denial that this isn't happening. It is, for better or worse. But, like you said, I can dislike this news. I can post negatively about this news. That's the purpose of a discussion board like this one. For the record, I'm 17 years old. A target demographic. So I'm not pining for the good old days, because I never lived them. But I want to. I want to ride Horizons and get the sense of awe that everyone talks about. I want to ride the original Journey Into Imagination and feel like anything is possible. But I can't, and probably never will. I hope this ride will be good. I was very happy with the rest of the announcements today at D23, for the most part.

I just want to experience EPCOT Center one day, that's all.

bclane

Ok, so I get all the lamenting over the loss of what used to be Epcot. I'm sad about it too. However, to try and find a silver lining...is it possible that since the entire UOE building is the queue, that they will keep the dinosaurs in it and we will walk through that area instead of ride through it like we currently do? I mean the story has something to do with Peter visiting Epcot as a kid right? And they said something about this representing all of Epcot's values or whatever words they used. Maybe they will give us some of the old Epcot as part of the queue/ride??? Maybe some of the Horizons stuff will be back as Peter remembers his childhood. Maybe instead of saving the universe, the Guardians of the Galaxy are here to save Epcot and will restore some of what has been lost??? I'm grasping at straws I know, but they could handle this in a way to really pay homage to what was and in my book that would be a huge positive.

odmichael

Ok, so I get all the lamenting over the loss of what used to be Epcot. I'm sad about it too. However, to try and find a silver lining...is it possible that since the entire UOE building is the queue, that they will keep the dinosaurs in it and we will walk through that area instead of ride through it like we currently do? I mean the story has something to do with Peter visiting Epcot as a kid right? And they said something about this representing all of Epcot's values or whatever words they used. Maybe they will give us some of the old Epcot as part of the queue/ride??? Maybe some of the Horizons stuff will be back as Peter remembers his childhood. Maybe instead of saving the universe, the Guardians of the Galaxy are here to save Epcot and will restore some of what has been lost??? I'm grasping at straws I know, but they could handle this in a way to really pay homage to what was and in my book that would be a huge positive.
It would be great if all of the Epcot memorabilia from over the years was in The Collector's showcase.

Oddysey

The loss of UOE in itself is not really that disappointing to me as it was my least favorite attraction of all the original Epcot attractions. What saddens me is that this change signifies more than any other change (including Frozen), that the original vision of Epcot as a theme park is truly dead.

Epcot Center was forward thinking, inspirational, and did not need to rely on IPs' to draw. The original vision and scope of Epcot Center was far to big of a challenge to maintain. Technology evolves so quickly that maintaining the original vision not is financially feasible. Even a for company as large as Disney. This is a sad reality, but Epcot can never again be what it was intended to be. Ironically, it never was.

Last edited:

Goofyernmost

I guess you didn't read me saying that I think should have done better even though I never rode the attraction; meaning that I never been on the ride and only way I could know what it was like was from previous rider's opinions and videos.
Don't let it bother you... some people think that because they have seen it a gazillion times (even though it is dated and boring) that everyone has seen it. It was a fun and informative ride that I thought was OK even though it took 45 minutes. That was 45 minutes that I wasn't out in the blistering sun and it was fairly comical... (i.e. Stupid Judy)

The Empress Lilly

Ok, so I get all the lamenting over the loss of what used to be Epcot. I'm sad about it too. However, to try and find a silver lining...is it possible that since the entire UOE building is the queue, that they will keep the dinosaurs in it and we will walk through that area instead of ride through it like we currently do?
That would be awesome!

Get a massive earring and become an imagineer!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom