The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

MinnieM123

Premium Member
I drink a ridiculous amount of coffee, but it's all decaf. I've read a few articles about how you still get the health benefits of coffee with decaf, and I like the taste. But I haven't had real coffee since early on in my pregnancy, so three years ago. Although, I do enjoy a coffee frappuchino every now and then :)

I LOVE coffee--dark roasts like French roast or Sumatra. Also love "real" Kona, but haven't had that in many years--very hard to find and very expensive. Another goodie is Jamaican Blue Mountain--also very hard to find.

Caffeine is wonderful. ;) I usually have 3 cups a day.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
The hate comes from those that left their inner child behind. I haven't ridden it in 30 years, but, I love seeing the smiles on the faces of the small kids, getting to experience driving for the first time. Please don't take away the joy of childhood from them just because we are all grown up now. To me it simply epitomizes the "it's all about me" attitude that has taken over this country.

49825061.jpg

StarWarsGirl

Yayyy for kitties!! When we finally decide to get another cat, I may get two so they can keep each other company. :cat:
I think our biggest mistake with Belle was not getting a second one. When we adopted her, she was a cat who needed some extra TLC, but once she was attached to us, we should have gotten a second one. Now she's overly attached to me, which is part of the problem.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
It's Estes Park, just outside the Rocky Mountain national park. The hike was in the park. In northern Colorado, east of the Rockies.

Somewhere near the vicinity of Estes Park (in the Roosevelt National Forest), hubs and I hiked up the Arapaho Pass Trail up to the 4th of July Mine. This was quite a few years ago, but I remember breathtaking views of the Rockies and tons of wildflowers up and down the trail. (We stayed in a cabin in Estes Park for a few days.)

We had a different dog back then (a Shep/Lab/Border Collie mix), and she was strong. I recall that about 3/4's of the way up the trail, I was getting burnt out. (The altitude also made it more difficult for me.) So, I had her on a leash, and I hung on to that while she basically pulled me up the rest of the way! :hilarious:

Goofyernmost

Same.. I do not like to get more clones :/
I have still to get an answer to the question... why? It's been said by many, but, none of the answers have ever made any sense to me. Give it a try. Worrying about clones makes absolutely no sense to me at all. I, for example, would love to see Carsland, but, you can bet your bottom dollar that I will not go to California just to see it. I'd like to be able to see it over here on the other side of the country. It makes no sense to me, why I cannot.

donaldtoo

We just ate at 'Ohana on Sunday, it had been a couple years since we had been there last. The last time we went we did not have good food or service. This time the service was excellent and the food was fine. The steak and chicken on the skewers and the salad were my favorites. The wings were ok but the skin was flabby and under-sauced, but the meat was cooked. The wings used to be our favorite. The noodles were something I had to send back this time. The first serving was terrible, the noodles were mushy and tasteless. The second batch was better but not great. Dessert was really good. It was a decent meal and experience but with so many excellent restaurants now on property, especially at Disney Springs, it will probably be awhile before we will go back, which is a little sad because this used to be our favorite.

We've been to 'Ohana 3 times. The last time being in June of '13, and both the food and service were excellent all 3 times, with the exception of one dry-ish skewer of chicken on our second trip. Have always loved the apps and sides too, especially the potstickers...! :hungry:
And, of course, the bread pudding for dessert (although, I only ever have enough room left for 2-3 bites)...! :hungry:
That all being said, our last time dining there was 4+ years ago, sooo...

donaldtoo

So @betty rose back to the Indiana thing. I got a call from my ex-sister-in-law that they're going enroll my daughter in summer camp five days a week from 8-4. I'm kinda thinking what the dingdang? She went out to spend time with the other side of the family. :facepalm: She'll come home to 2 weeks of actually goofing off before school starts. Can ya tell I'm a little miffed by this?

Sympathy like.
What the what?!?!?! o_O
Does that mean that they haven't enrolled her yet, but, are going to anyway, even if you say no...?!?!?! o_O
What am I missing here...?! :cyclops:

StarWarsGirl

Poor Belle has started over grooming her paws now. She's pulled off the callouses and now has bright red spots on her paw pads. Which of course then makes her not want to use her litter box. So she's now back on her anxiety supplements.

She then got mad at me and my mom for examining her paws, so she actually went over and laid on the ottoman where my dad had his feet. And the man who says he doesn't like cats did not make her move and accepted that he got 1/8 of the ottoman for his feet while she got the rest. Like a good softie.:hilarious:

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
I have still to get an answer to the question... why? It's been said by many, but, none of the answers have ever made any sense to me. Give it a try. Worrying about clones makes absolutely no sense to me at all. I, for example, would love to see Carsland, but, you can bet your bottom dollar that I will not go to California just to see it. I'd like to be able to see it over here on the other side of the country. It makes no sense to me, why I cannot.

I'm kinda like some of the clones. Pirates being just one. I also liked the uniqueness of Epcot and respected them not duplicating it in Cali and going for something unique. I wish they would have a cloned Tokyo of Pooh at the MK over what we got in Florida. It makes many of us want to hop to different states. Not all of us but many. I'm happy they didn't clone the resorts of Disneyland in the WDW and am happy for the waterparks here though they need a lot of love hitting the end of their life expediency. I believe it is a balance. I am so glad they have not so far cloned what they have done to the Tower in Cali vs the Studio's. That one would break my heart. I don't need the Tower branded with a clone IP that Cali has.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom