Guardians of the Galaxy coming to Energy Pavilion at Epcot

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlindChow

And mental process. Including emotions and thinking.
Ehh, the body-part characters themselves had emotions, but in the same way all movie characters do. Emotions were never addressed directly and were only tangentially treated as just another stimulus that affects the physical processes inside the body (heart skipping a beat when they see the girl, for example).

Plus, the "Bobby" whose head they were in was a complete non-entity. A literal shell. It was actually pretty creepy...

TEMP Cranium Command Creepy.jpg

Seriously though, Buzzy is assigned to the kid's head when the kid is already 12 years old. Did the kid even exist the previous day? Most of the other heads in the preshow were full grown people ("An All-Pro Running Back!"). This attraction's world wasn't fully thought out, I suspect...

People link Inside Out and Cranium Command because they both take place in a person's "head," but they are so different thematically that saying the two are "basically the same" is like saying Star Wars and Star Trek are the same because they both take place on spaceships. :p

Captain Neo

The Guardians launched coaster seems even more bizarre now we have the Tron launched coaster going into the MK.

I know parks can have multiple people movers etc. but it looks like WDW will soon have 3 launched coaster than end with a gravity section in a large shed, two of them opening within a year(ish)of each other.

I think we can pretty much say this ride isn't happening anymore.

Captain Neo

Why? Seems like it still is happening

They are doing the Tron coaster at MK instead plus Epcot might be getting the Ratatouille ride and a potential Brazil pavilion. They aren't going to invest more than that. Especially considering Disneyland is supposed to be getting:

-Marvel Land which is being fast tracked for DCA and has already been confirmed by Joe Rhode
-A complete redo and overhaul of Fantasyland which will most likely include the new stuff from Tokyo like Frozen e-ticket
-A new hotel & redo of Downtown Disneyland

They aren't going to green light much more than that especially when they have like 6 resorts worldwide that require TLC. I don't even think they will announce the Gondolas at D23 and you'll be lucky to hear about Epcot at all. If they are going to announce something TRON coaster for MK for the 50th. anniversary of WDW is what they will focus on and then they will announce new projects for Disneyland. Everything else is rumor mongering clickbait to drive up website traffic because they know disney fans are excited for D23 and will chomp at the bit for any possible iota of announcement hints. The same thing happens in video gaming just before E3 and everyone leaves extremely disappointed. Even the folks who went in with no expectations.

doctornick

The Guardians launched coaster seems even more bizarre now we have the Tron launched coaster going into the MK.

I know parks can have multiple people movers etc. but it looks like WDW will soon have 3 launched coaster than end with a gravity section in a large shed, two of them opening within a year(ish)of each other.

Do we know for sure that the GotG coaster would be described that way? I mean, it seems we don't really have much information at all about it and, in fact, there seemed to be some indication that delays were do to developing the ride system, so perhaps GotG would be more unique.

Obviously, Tron also has the seat layout differentiation by being a motorbike type seat.

Daveeeeed

There's that many omnimovers in one park. It's a non-issue. The larger issue is their logic to put Tron in Tomorrowland instead of Guardians and vice-versa.

FigmentJedi

Ehh, the body-part characters themselves had emotions, but in the same way all movie characters do. Emotions were never addressed directly and were only tangentially treated as just another stimulus that affects the physical processes inside the body (heart skipping a beat when they see the girl, for example).

Plus, the "Bobby" whose head they were in was a complete non-entity. A literal shell. It was actually pretty creepy...

View attachment 214940

Seriously though, Buzzy is assigned to the kid's head when the kid is already 12 years old. Did the kid even exist the previous day? Most of the other heads in the preshow were full grown people ("An All-Pro Running Back!"). This attraction's world wasn't fully thought out, I suspect...

People link Inside Out and Cranium Command because they both take place in a person's "head," but they are so different thematically that saying the two are "basically the same" is like saying Star Wars and Star Trek are the same because they both take place on spaceships. :p
Well it's not like an Inside Out-ification of Cranium Command's head theater would be focused on the parts of the body...

Goob

I'm thinking TRON Is going to Tomorrowland because it lacks any kind of theme. Guardians in Epcot will make a lot more sense (hopefully) once we see how they incorporate the story into the theme of energy. That is if the energy theme stays.

Captain Neo

Guardians of the Galaxy would make sense in Tomorrowland if they were to keep the 1994 Comic booky Sci-fi theme but if they are reverting to a more classic 70s/80s Futurism/Sci-Fi theme then TRON makes more sense.

Ideally Guardians of the Galaxy would be built next to Star Wars Land in DHS where it belongs instead of Toy Story Land but alas

Captain Neo

Hes one of the more obvious trolls on this board.

You have no idea what your talking about. I've had my hopes and dreams dashed by Disney time and time again. if anything I'm doing people here a favor so they don't get their hopes up and just move on with their lives.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I think we can pretty much say this ride isn't happening anymore.

They are doing the Tron coaster at MK instead plus Epcot might be getting the Ratatouille ride and a potential Brazil pavilion. They aren't going to invest more than that. Especially considering Disneyland is supposed to be getting:

-Marvel Land which is being fast tracked for DCA and has already been confirmed by Joe Rhode
-A complete redo and overhaul of Fantasyland which will most likely include the new stuff from Tokyo like Frozen e-ticket
-A new hotel & redo of Downtown Disneyland

They aren't going to green light much more than that especially when they have like 6 resorts worldwide that require TLC. I don't even think they will announce the Gondolas at D23 and you'll be lucky to hear about Epcot at all. If they are going to announce something TRON coaster for MK for the 50th. anniversary of WDW is what they will focus on and then they will announce new projects for Disneyland. Everything else is rumor mongering clickbait to drive up website traffic because they know disney fans are excited for D23 and will chomp at the bit for any possible iota of announcement hints. The same thing happens in video gaming just before E3 and everyone leaves extremely disappointed. Even the folks who went in with no expectations.

Oh duddeeee...

You shouldn't post opinion as fact. The D23 list is still being fine tuned but you may want to retract a lot of that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom