Replacement for Tomorrowland Speedway?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sapr15

There's FAILING Jim Hill again WITH HIS FALLING RATINGS and his FAKE NEWS. Sad!

No Tron, no how. We have the BEST people working on Tomorrowland. Just terrific. You are going to love Tomorrowland in 2021. Believe me.

In all honesty, they considered it and said no.
Yo
There's FAILING Jim Hill again WITH HIS FALLING RATINGS and his FAKE NEWS. Sad!

No Tron, no how. We have the BEST people working on Tomorrowland. Just terrific. You are going to love Tomorrowland in 2021. Believe me.

In all honesty, they considered it and said no.
Hm... I would reconsider this....

david10225

I'm hungry. 220.

Let's see what's read into that!

Well a blood glucose of 220 would be considered very high hyperglycemia. One of the symptoms of hyperglycemia is polyphagia which is basically you are hungry all the time..well..add up those clues and I'm guessing a sugar rush type ride.

If I guessed right it will be like figuring out a Doc Martin disease of the week episode.

Buried20KLeague

Huh?

How on Earth is what he said "slightly racist" in the least? The Chinese 'shame culture' (an actual term) is pretty well-documented and is a real thing that exists. For what it's worth, I've also heard that was indeed the ultimate reasoning behind putting a portion of the coaster track outdoors.

I would actually say it's more "slightly racist" to automatically assume that a foreign culture doesn't structure itself differently than your own.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shame_society#China
https://www.researchgate.net/public...from_the_Perspective_of_Morality_and_Identity
https://pdfs.semanticscholar.org/6802/904e2aaff733c68b488d3bea7d0d9c53ea43.pdf
https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/minority-report/201406/asian-shame-and-honor

Tron in WDW will have the outdoor portion if it's built.

Care to wager???

jt04

I don't hate the possibility of Space Mountain beccoming the Tron ride building as this would allow for even more attractions in the future for Tomorrowland and Fantasyland.

Very cool.

Buried20KLeague

Yeah, I said a few other things there too that you somehow seem to have missed. Not to mention that whether Orlando's has an outdoor portion or not was literally never brought up in my post.

Nice deflection, though.

Have you been to shanghai? Have you spent nearly a week in the park and watched the crowd? Get back to me when you do.

It's crazy to think the outdoor portion was only built in china so people could opt out.

If tron gets built in WDW, it will have the outdoor portion.

BrianLo

For what it is worth, I like Tron better than any version of Space Mountain.

That said, it also has more flaws than any version of space mountain... if that makes sense. Fortunately, there is opportunity for them to fix some of them. I don't foresee a direct clone, which *could* be a good thing.

I have to disagree with Martin in one small sense... this IS what MK needs, it's just only one part of what they need. Expansion, a more mature demo ride... those are at least two very good things that will help start to address MK's issues. We can argue about if it's the most important first step, but it's definitely a step!

mickEblu

@lentesta may be able to speak more to this, but the explanation that Jim Hill gave on the Tron coaster was that Disney would order two of the bike coasters with the other one being a Captain America ride at DCA. Is that correct?

Awww man! I wish it was reversed. You guys (flordians) get to keep TOT and we get the GOTC overlay while you get the new ride. You get Tron and we get Captain America.

Curse you Universal.

SteamboatJoe

well I'm hearing there going to bulldoze it and rebuild it again

When I first came here, this was all swamp. Everyone said I was daft to build a Tron ride on a swamp, but I built it all the same, just to show them. It sank into the swamp. So I built a second one. That sank into the swamp. So I built a third. That burned down, fell over, then sank into the swamp. But the fourth one stayed up. And that's what you're going to get, Lad, the strongest Tron ride in all of Disneydom.

Ismael Flores

No but it is a serious question to ask what happens to Space? Two "futuristic" coasters right next to each other. Space mountain is in rough condition on its own, it would be even more laughable right next to the fancy new Tron coaster.

I don't see how the could do this without a complete overhaul of Space, which it badly needs anyway. Curious to see what the plan is.

I don't really see space mountain as futuristic themed. I imjust see it as space themed and Tron is more of the futuristic theme but even then it is about an old computer game.
I think that once tron opens they will be able to fix and update Soace mountain and the crowds will even out better without one or the other have extremely long crowds

GCTales

When I first came here, this was all swamp. Everyone said I was daft to build a Tron ride on a swamp, but I built it all the same, just to show them. It sank into the swamp. So I built a second one. That sank into the swamp. So I built a third. That burned down, fell over, then sank into the swamp. But the fourth one stayed up. And that's what you're going to get, Lad, the strongest Tron ride in all of Disneydom.

What, behind the rabbit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom