overcrowding it causes in the underdeveloped entertainment areas
~Bad merchandising
~The homogenization of said merchandise
~That Tomorrowland is not at all futuristic
~That all entertainment seems to be loud and in your face and geared toward
the average 12 year old
~Fast passes. Everybody just wait in line. If they are too long, then address
THAT problem.
~ Double strollers ( or any ) on the monorail. We used to have to fold strollers and hold
kids back in the day, when the parks had a quiet dignity
~Starbucks overpriced swill in the parks
~Character meet and greets - what happened to characters roaming around, esp. in front
of the MK. Oh yeah, that's right - overcrowding!
Ok, let's face the fact that I could do this forever! But I love going to Disney and remembering how great it used to be!

Last edited:

EpcotMark

I don't understand the appeal in staying at a Deluxe resort when you're you're spending every day at the park. It's essentially just a room to sleep in, why spend all of that money?

As of my last few visits to WDW (this could change upon the next visit), DHS > DAK.

Also- kind of wanting to skip the fireworks at MK during the next visit to try to get on another ride.

Yeah I can kind of understand not spending mindless dollars on a Deluxe resort. There are some who want that experience, but there are many places in the world where I can sit around a pool in warm weather for far less money.

Land Cruiser

They should scrap Toy Story Land in Florida and install Cars Land instead. The Cars universe makes for a better immersive environment.

The Toy Story universe is just a crummy animated version of reality and is better suited for a renovation of the Honey I Shrunk the Kids adventure area.

SSH

I hate that people hate Avatar :grumpy:. Well...hate's a strong word. A little bummed out, maybe. I thought the movie shared such a meaningful message about living with nature vs using it and destroying in the process. I really liked it.

On the other hand, I hate Star Wars - which is sacrilege, I know. I tried so hard to like it in anticipation of the new land. Watched almost every one of them all the way through. Still hated it. They'll probably kick me out of the country now. :D

mdubm

I enjoy staying in deluxes. The ease of transportation and proximity to the parks (Esp Epcot area resorts) and the extra space is worth it. We're go to the park first thing and head back to the room at noon people, so it works for us. We also like the nicer pools.
I like the dining plan and knowing everything is paid for already. We have younger kids, so we do character meals, which helps make up for the cost and I'm SUPER excited that the 2018 plans will include an alcoholic beverage.
I have a love/hate relationship with a Disney vacation needing to be planned to the T. I really enjoy researching and planning and making reservations beforehand. What I don't like is getting there and wanting to change plans, but not having the flexibility to do so. Worn out from the parks? Can't cancel dinner res. Had a great day at HS, but didn't get to do everything we wanted and want to go back the next day? Can't switch- already made highly-coveted fast passes for MK the next day. I like being able to change my mind on vacation, but I also know WDW is a different beast.
I don't understand people who dress up to go into the parks. I must be wearing tshirt, shorts, tennis shoes, as if I'm about to run a half marathon. How people get by in dresses and nice sandals is beyond me. I look like a chia pet after about an hour inside the parks.

COrunner

The Contemporary isn't all that great. Other than the Grand Canyon lobby with the monorail and Mary Blair painting, the resort is pretty forgettable. I find the Polynesian to be a much better resort.

I concur. Having been fortunate to have been at both and the option of staying at either I've done Poly three to Contemporary one.

Chef Mickey

I hate:
~Too much security - tired of people rummaging through my purse or being
waved at with the wand or touched by goofy guards
~ That security is now junking up hotels
~The elimination of dark rides
~The lack of imagineering the last few decades
~Bad smoking areas
~The permanent stages in MK (. Ant walk through the castle) and Epcot and HS
too, I think
~The junking up of the Main Concourse in the Contemporary
~The Judy Densch narration on Spaceship Earth
~ The elimination of the Osbourne Family Spectacle of Lights
~The incredibly high food prices for very mediocre food
~Kids being allowed to sit at bars; in general I hate the lack of adult space
~That there's not a new country in Epcot
~ The building of too many resort accommodations and the subsequent
overcrowding it causes in the underdeveloped entertainment areas
~Bad merchandising
~The homogenization of said merchandise
~That Tomorrowland is not at all futuristic
~That all entertainment seems to be loud and in your face and geared toward
the average 12 year old
~Fast passes. Everybody just wait in line. If they are too long, then address
THAT problem.
~ Double strollers ( or any ) on the monorail. We used to have to fold strollers and hold
kids back in the day, when the parks had a quiet dignity
~Starbucks overpriced swill in the parks
~Character meet and greets - what happened to characters roaming around, esp. in front
of the MK. Oh yeah, that's right - overcrowding!
Ok, let's face the fact that I could do this forever! But I love going to Disney and remembering how great it used to be!
Most of these are popular opinions.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom