DHS Permits

roj2323

Where would they be installing props already?
They use the term loosely on these permits. It could simply be the concrete bases the props will be bolted to or even just paint or stickers. The point is the permit is for something non infrastructure based so it's considered props

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
Here is a list of all the Toy Story Land locations that I have seen in permits along with what the permits were for.

A-400 - 400 Ascot Dr (Props, LV Term, Ride Installation, Completion Package, Core and Shell Package, Trench Package)
A-151 - 151 Ascot Dr (LV Term, F&B/Restroom Facility)
A-200 - 200 Ascot Dr (LV Term, Ride Installation)
A-480 - 480 Ascot Dr (LV Term Maintenance Building)
A-800 - 800 Ascot Dr (LV Term, Area Development)
A-585 - 585 Stage Lane (LV Term, Building Modifications & New Addition, Tour bridge #2 Area Development)
A-648 - 648 Stage Lane (LV Term, Interior Renovation)

Based on this list I think the locations are as follows:

A-151: Restroom and food location in the south part of the land
A-200: Alien Swirling Saucers ride
A-400: Slinky Dog Coaster
A-480: Slinky Dog Maintenance bay
A-585: Toy Story Midway Mania
A-684: Not sure about this one. Soundstage 4 where the Jack Sparrow Attraction was is 745. This might be the two remaining bungalows.
A-800: ???

jt04

Not sure how you go from my post to this conclusion. The permit has the same 7/30/2018 expiration as all the others ones which aligns with the summer 2018 completion that that has been suspected for some time now.

I just don't see a year's worth of work left unless the land will be more complex than we have been led to believe.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
I just don't see a year's worth of work left unless the land will be more complex than we have been led to believe.

They have barely started the coaster track, the structure around the saucer ride has not been started, there are at least two building that are only in foundation stage, there is no theming, and the entrance is only just getting started now. Personally I think they have more then a year's worth of work to go.

roj2323

They have barely started the coaster track, the structure around the saucer ride has not been started, there are at least two building that are only in foundation stage, there is no theming, and the entrance is only just getting started now. Personally I think they have more then a year's worth of work to go.

From a contractor perspective I have to kinda agree with jt04 (man that's hard to do) on this one. There's certainly a lot to do but rollercoasters much larger and more complex than slinky are put up start to finish in less than 6 months on a regular basis and since this coaster is unlike most other disney coasters due to it's lack of theming wrapping the track it's not an unreasonable asumption to make.

However........

As you mentioned In addition to the roller coaster the Alien ride has yet to receive it's building and there's a pile of other buildings that are little more than foundations at the moment including at least one set of guest restrooms, an ODF location and probably at least 2 if not more merch stores. Oh and lets not forget about the demolition/deconstruction of Tour bridge 2 and Sound stage 4. Naturally this all has to happen before hardscapes and landscapes start going in. Long story short with double crews and 24hr construction they could probably pull off a Christmas day opening but realistically 12 months is more likely.

Goofyernmost

From a contractor perspective I have to kinda agree with jt04 (man that's hard to do) on this one. There's certainly a lot to do but rollercoasters much larger and more complex than slinky are put up start to finish in less than 6 months on a regular basis and since this coaster is unlike most other disney coasters due to it's lack of theming wrapping the track it's not an unreasonable asumption to make.

However........

As you mentioned In addition to the roller coaster the Alien ride has yet to receive it's building and there's a pile of other buildings that are little more than foundations at the moment including at least one set of guest restrooms, an ODF location and probably at least 2 if not more merch stores. Oh and lets not forget about the demolition/deconstruction of Tour bridge 2 and Sound stage 4. Naturally this all has to happen before hardscapes and landscapes start going in. Long story short with double crews and 24hr construction they could probably pull off a Christmas day opening but realistically 12 months is more likely.
They could finish the coaster tomorrow, that wouldn't necessarily change the land opening. They won't make the same mistake that they did with Fantasyland. It will open when the entire park is opened and not a second before.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom