DHS Permits

Kman101

Not really that dumb, by staggering they may be able to get two trips out of some hard core Star Wars fans.

So its a win win $$$ wise

Well, that's true. Didn't think of that. I know they have their reasons but "on paper" it seems silly to stagger them. And in all honesty, DHS should have opened first. But we're not next to the bigwigs.

Goingdown13

Look at the latest aerial of DHS' SWL and then take a look at this video:

If you think they can get to the point that DLR is in two months, I have very bad news for you. DLR started demo over 8 months before DHS. Yes, they have the River to deal with as well, but that is going to be open rather soon. And DLR historically works at a much faster pace than WDW. Not to mention they have dates that they NEED to hit to get the $1b from Anaheim. I don't see any way they open within 6 months of each other. But I also think that they are going to be dragging their feet to hold til 2019 at DLR. Another 18 months of construction would still only be Sept 2018, and based on where they are, that seems like a very achievable goal if they wanted to hit it.

Have you thought that maybe some people on the boards see it in person and not on ariels? Im just saying that it seems like they're moving at a quick pace and "I wouldn't be surprised" on 2 months or 6 months. It was barely me saying a fact, just expressing that they're actually really moving on construction.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
Have you thought that maybe some people on the boards see it in person and not on ariels? Im just saying that it seems like they're moving at a quick pace and "I wouldn't be surprised" on 2 months or 6 months. It was barely me saying a fact, just expressing that they're actually really moving on construction.

We get weekly updates on the DL version, so whenever new aerials come out for DHS we can compare for progress. Based on the last few aerials at DHS they don't seem to be keeping up with the progress at DL. I have seen nothing to this point that leads me to believe that SWL is moving at a quicker the usual pace at DHS.

Kman101

While we can "assume" based on updates, do we have actual hard facts on how far apart the two lands are in construction? Not just "well it looks ..."? @marni1971

Obviously I know they are vastly far apart but do we know, on paper, how far apart they actually are?

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
151 Ascot Dr DHS BOH Project A-181 - F&B/Restroom Facility
200 Ascot Dr DHS BOH Project A-200 - Ride Installation
400 Ascot Dr DHS BOH Project A-400 - Trench Package
400 Ascot Dr DHS BOH Project A-400-03 - Core and Shell Package
400 Ascot Dr DHS BOH Project A-400-04 - Completion Package
400 Ascot Dr DHS BOH Project A-400 - Ride Installation
480 Ascot Dr DHS BOH Project A-480 Maintenance Building
585 Ascot Dr DHS BOH Project A-585 - Building Modifications & New Addition
648 Ascot Dr DHS BOH Project A-648 - Interior Renovations
800 Ascot Dr DHS BOH - Site Prep Package
800 Ascot Dr DHS BOH Project A-800-02 - Area Development
800 Ascot Dr DHS BOH Project A-800-02 - Area Development

Here are all the Ascot Dr permits. Looking at them organized like this, by best guess is that 180 is the combine quick server and restroom building in the south part of the land, 200 is the Alien Swirling Saucers ride, 400 is the coaster with 480 being it's maintenance bay. 585 and 648 must be the existing sound stage buildings. 585 could be the current TSMM building and 648 being the One Man's Dream building. The 800 permits are some of the earliest so are probably a general address for the whole land.

TiggerDad

peter11435

Pardon me if this has already been covered, but if TSL is Project A and SW Land is Project D, what are Projects B and C? Abandoned alternatives? Something we don't know about yet? The gondolas are ITJ so that's not it.
A and D are just short for Ascot and Delos which is their respective project names. Just like ITJ is an abbreviation for its project name.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
Pardon me if this has already been covered, but if TSL is Project A and SW Land is Project D, what are Projects B and C? Abandoned alternatives? Something we don't know about yet? The gondolas are ITJ so that's not it.

This reminds me of when the permits for Frozen Ever After were filed and it was referred to as Project 6, everyone wondered what projects 1-5 were going to be. We then got permits for the third TSMM track which was Project 3 (third track) and the Soarin expansion was Project 87 (87 seats per theater). I don't think we ever figured out what the '6' referred to.

zakattack99

In the Parks
No
This reminds me of when the permits for Frozen Ever After were filed and it was referred to as Project 6, everyone wondered what projects 1-5 were going to be. We then got permits for the third TSMM track which was Project 3 (third track) and the Soarin expansion was Project 87 (87 seats per theater). I don't think we ever figured out what the '6' referred to.

No idea, however if you count pavilions clockwise form entrance it's the 6th. Ellen, life, space, test track, mexico, norway. Two problems with this theory is one you have to over look spaceship earth and innovations in the center but if they are counting pavilions on the perimeter then it works. The second is that you have to skip the odyssey building, but I don't think they every classified that as a pavilion so it could still work, just my 2cents.

TiggerDad

A and D are just short for Ascot and Delos which is their respective project names. Just like ITJ is an abbreviation for its project name.
Thanks. Ascot for the movie quote from Barbie, but Delos? Is that a reference to how fanboys say that SW Land in DL is DEstroying the park located in LOS angeles?

Kman101

You think those that truly have to be there on opening day will wait six months to do it in FL? (I know some couldn't afford a trip to one or the other but the diehards would find a way). I know what you're trying to say but they're going to be overwhelmed. People lined up three hours to get into a convention and wait in line for merchandise. Opening at the same time splits the crowds. JMO.

TiggerDad

You think those that truly have to be there on opening day will wait six months to do it in FL? (I know some couldn't afford a trip to one or the other but the diehards would find a way). I know what you're trying to say but they're going to be overwhelmed. People lined up three hours to get into a convention and wait in line for merchandise. Opening at the same time splits the crowds. JMO.
You think those that truly have to be there on opening day will not also come back months later on the other coast to again experience opening day? If they open the same day, those uberfans only pay Disney once.

Kman101

You think those that truly have to be there on opening day will not also come back months later on the other coast to again experience opening day? If they open the same day, those uberfans only pay Disney once.

I doubt it. JMO. It's the same land. The same attractions. Why? I know what you're saying but I doubt it. The hardcore diehards? Sure probably. But I still think opening them separate is dumb. JMO. I'm not stating anything as a fact.

I know they're different fanbases, and I'm sure Disney would love to have the crowds at both openings. Not saying both won't be insane, but did Potterfans line up for hours and hours in California after it opened years before in Florida? No. And I know months are different than years but still ...

We will just have to wait and see I guess.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom