Rumor Brazil is the frontrunner for a new World Showcase Pavilion

Status
Not open for further replies.

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
Well, there goes the World Showcase. The new home for thousands of chanting Brazillian tour groups all day and night. Maybe Australia would be a better idea? :angelic:
Is that really a thing though? Do international travellers automatically park themselves in their home pavilion?

I know I don't spend a heck of a lot of time in Canada. Mind you, there's not much to do there, but I'd still rather spend time in pavilions whose countries I have never visited.

Unless there's a ride in Brazil, which I cannot discern from the very vague concept drawings, why would the tour groups spend more time there than in the other pavilions? From my experience, they like rides, rides, and more rides. (And flashing my son in the Pop Century pool ... but that's another story.)

Dan Deesnee

The "It should / will be Brazil because they want to attract and already get lots of Brazilians" argument makes absolutely no sense to me and if that is Disneys line of thinking it goes against the whole point of the country pavilions. They are there to give us a taste of other cultures, the sights, sounds, smells, etc. What would be the point of travelling to another country to hang out in a small re-creation of the country you are from?

Much more likely that it is Spain.

UpAllNight

I'd have thought they'd have built 2 new pavilions, on opposite sides to balance things out. I'm pleased we appear to be getting something at least, I do feel it needs a general refresh and Brazil is a good choice. Will Disney build a none-IP attraction though? Seems doubtful, and I don't know what they could tie in to Brazil.

Princess Leia

I'd have thought they'd have built 2 new pavilions, on opposite sides to balance things out. I'm pleased we appear to be getting something at least, I do feel it needs a general refresh and Brazil is a good choice. Will Disney build a none-IP attraction though? Seems doubtful, and I don't know what they could tie in to Brazil.
Pardon me for the outdated map (since it looks like Ratatouille will go in the back half of 6, instead of the front), but if Disney chooses to build on another pavilion, I'd rather that they figure out what to do with 2, instead of putting something on 5 (Brazil will be built on 4). With both France and the UK getting attractions, the International Gateway side should be receiving their fair share of crowds for the time being.

upload_2017-1-24_10-39-24-png.185847

clemmo

Pardon me for the outdated map (since it looks like Ratatouille will go in the back half of 6, instead of the front), but if Disney chooses to build on another pavilion, I'd rather that they figure out what to do with 2, instead of putting something on 5 (Brazil will be built on 4). With both France and the UK getting attractions, the International Gateway side should be receiving their fair share of crowds for the time being.

I know it's been talked about before on here but can plot 3 actually be used? I thought 2-3 were both blocked out

Daveeeeed

That is what they should do. I do really hope they do that:):):).

GoofGoof

Premium Member
I know it's been talked about before on here but can plot 3 actually be used? I thought 2-3 were both blocked out
They would have to be firework proof which would be more expensive, but they still both can be used.
There is also talk of an update or change to Illuminations so they could also change where the fireworks are launched from or potentially scrap them:eek:o_O:mad:. I hope that doesn't happen, but who knows.

ProfSavage

If they build a new pavilion they really need to have a ride included. They are spending time and money now adding rides and IP to existing pavilions. Why build a new pavilion only to have to shoehorn a ride in after the fact? IMHO, get it right from the start or don't bother with a new pavilion.

I still want an updated version of Meet the World

Daveeeeed

There is also talk of an update or change to Illuminations so they could also change where the fireworks are launched from or potentially scrap them:eek:o_O:mad:. I hope that doesn't happen, but who knows.
You may be on to something. A World of Color style show on the FW side would also be a nice complement to the fireworks, and would therefor also make people like me who are diehard Illuminations fans happy. Although that part is just armchair Imagineering on my part:).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom