Rumor Siemens is going to end their sponsorship with the parks - Spaceship Earth and IllumiNations

flynnibus

Premium Member
Wasn't the Siemens sponsorship weird to begin with? Like I can't go out and like buy a bunch of Siemens products like I could Pandora jewelry. I couldn't see this sponsorship helping their bottom line at all. It's like if it SSE was sponsored by Underwriters Laboratories.

Big industrial or conglomerate type companies market for Brand recognition and brand sympathy - not to drive individual sales. The public isn't their direct customer. Companies like GE, Siemons, SAP, ABB, Boeing, etc market so they have brand awareness with the public. They want the public to be sympathetic to them when the public comes across them. So when Boeing comes up in a government hearing, or in your local politics, etc... they want people to LIKE Boeing through their past interactions with the brand... vs being some big faceless corporate entity they dislike or are neutral towards.

Ag11gani

Wasn't the Siemens sponsorship weird to begin with? Like I can't go out and like buy a bunch of Siemens products like I could Pandora jewelry. I couldn't see this sponsorship helping their bottom line at all. It's like if it SSE was sponsored by Underwriters Laboratories.

In the UK Siemens has a line of household appliances, Ovens, Washing Machines, Dishwashers, etc. Guess they don't have those products in the US.

CanadianGordon

So many interesting tidbits. I'm optimistic but will wait with baited breath. This was the first ride I rode when I returned back two years ago... Loved it. As cheesy as the ending was it was absolutely funny to two guys with a severe lack of sleep. Good thing I video'd our video afterwards.

homerdance

Big industrial or conglomerate type companies market for Brand recognition and brand sympathy - not to drive individual sales. The public isn't their direct customer. Companies like GE, Siemons, SAP, ABB, Boeing, etc market so they have brand awareness with the public. They want the public to be sympathetic to them when the public comes across them. So when Boeing comes up in a government hearing, or in your local politics, etc... they want people to LIKE Boeing through their past interactions with the brand... vs being some big faceless corporate entity they dislike or are neutral towards.
This along with the perks allowed to top brass at the companies.

Ralphlaw

I'm sad that Spaceship Earth may be going, but it's shocking Illuminations ran for as long as it did, seeing as it was supposed to be a limited time thing for the Millennium Celebration.!

Fear not. SE is not going anywhere, and an Illuminations replacement is still quite speculative. Given the advances in technology, any Illuminations do-over will have to be fantastic to justify replacement. With that being said, if they IP it, anger, boycotts, spitting and gastric disturbance will assuredly follow. Don't slap Elsa on it, oh ye powers that be.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom