Rumor Brazil is the frontrunner for a new World Showcase Pavilion

Status
Not open for further replies.

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member
They do need a South American country somewhere. Caribbean might be nice as well, but I have never heard any rumours accordingly.

I agree. But IMO there is somewhat a Caribbean presence via CBR. Wouldn't be opposed to taking the Africa themed space in EPCOT and modeling it more with a an overall Caribbean flare or the space between Pirates up to Frontierland. I'd throw my vote in for Argentina as opposed to Brazil for a pavilion representing South America. But sadly, I think Brazil is going to happen.

clemmo

I understand if this can't be answered but what is the chance this gets built is it like 70% for pavilion but only 20% for attraction?

deWild

Alright let’s set this straight. Brazil hosted the Olympics last year, yes. How did they pay for it? They basically bankrupted themselves, in addition to taking money from the IOC. To recap: Brazil spent millions of dollars to host the largest party of the year, took money from the Olympic Committee to get projects finished on schedule, and their president was/still is under heavy pressure due to a corruption scandal.

And you expect Brazil to somehow pull out $100 million out of their back pocket to have a presence in Orlando? Does it need mentioning that this article was posted in February of this year, merely 6 months after the end of the Games? Their unemployment is also a sky high record of 13% right now.

Matt_Black

And you expect Brazil to somehow pull out $100 million out of their back pocket to have a presence in Orlando? Does it need mentioning that this article was posted in February of this year, merely 6 months after the end of the Games? Their unemployment is also a sky high record of 13% right now.

Again, most of us DON'T expect the government to pull out the cash. The question is will Brazilian companies do so.

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
I hear José Carioca of The Three Caballeros will be the star and host of a moved and rethemed Tiki Room Serenade serving as the pavilion's main attraction. :cautious: :D

Cosmic Commando

If Coco is going to evict the Caballeros, I'd love for a Gran Fiesta Tour to be built where everything is pretty much the same, but they go through Carnivale at the end. Reuse the animation in front of Brazilian landmarks, plop the AAs at the end of the ride... done. WS could still use more rides after Rat, and it's a shame to lose one that "works". IMO, of course; I know others won't miss it one bit.

Daveeeeed

If Coco is going to evict the Caballeros, I'd love for a Gran Fiesta Tour to be built where everything is pretty much the same, but they go through Carnivale at the end. Reuse the animation in front of Brazilian landmarks, plop the AAs at the end of the ride... done. WS could still use more rides after Rat, and it's a shame to lose one that "works". IMO, of course; I know others won't miss it one bit.
I actually prefer it to the original as crazy as that sounds, but I still find it super boring. I don't know what it is, by it just feels bland. Maelstrom on the other hand was actually sad for me.:cry:

Matt_Black

They need to go through Baia! Have you been to Baia?

seabreezept813

I love the idea of a Brazil pavilion. Having been to Brazil and seeing the major Rio sites and living on the farm, I'd like to share some of Brazil's magic with my family. I honestly would not recommend that anyone travel there without a native for safety reasons, which is why a small showcase of some of Brazil's beauty could have potential. Great food, music, and landscape. Like any country, beneath corruption there are ordinary people and often overlooked beautiful customs. The only problem would be if they serve cashaca... let's just say it would be more dangerous than Mexico's tequila bar

Jedi Stitch

Samba, parades, Christ the Redeamer, Coca-Cabana Beach, with mosaic walks, and of course the Rio Movie ride in the rain forest with a Rain Forest conservation station taking donations to save the rain forest. Maybe a place to stick the overly obnoxious Brazilians.

PorterRedkey

Samba, parades, Christ the Redeamer, Coca-Cabana Beach, with mosaic walks, and of course the Rio Movie ride in the rain forest with a Rain Forest conservation station taking donations to save the rain forest. Maybe a place to stick the overly obnoxious Brazilians.
Do you mean the animated Rio movie or Blame it on Rio? ;) In either case, they are not Disney movies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom