Rumor Brazil is the frontrunner for a new World Showcase Pavilion

Status
Not open for further replies.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Pardon the intentional lack of grammar but I sure do loves me some korma!!!

Sanaa is really one our favorite spots despite it being just as good as our local Indian spot. The sauces available for the bread service is one of the big draws. I think the addition of Indian would be great! Heck, I would go further and add Vietnamese and thai!

Who doesn't like Korma!!!

RSoxNo1

DAK's India really doesn't do the country justice like an EPCOT pavilion would. The colors, the food, and the culture that would be present in an Indian themed world showcase pavilion would be amazing and something Disney should pursue.
It's segmented in DAK. I'd definitely be intrigued by Indian food in Epcot, but I do definitely recommend the Chicken Tikka Masala at Yak and Yeti.

bhg469

It's segmented in DAK. I'd definitely be intrigued by Indian food in Epcot, but I do definitely recommend the Chicken Tikka Masala at Yak and Yeti.
I haven't had it, but what makes it better than any Indian place in your town? Looks like they only have one naan choice and I just find it strange to have tikka masala on the same menu as potstickers

NothingRhymeswithOrange

I've had it and yes it's very good. Sadly chicken tikka masala isn't really an Indian dish, it originated in England when India was their territory. An Epcot pavilion would surely give amazing Indian food, and give everyone some real Indian cuisine like daal, dosas, paratha, aloo gobi, chapati, etc. I work for an Indian company so I'm very spoiled when it comes to Indian food lol.

RSoxNo1

I haven't had it, but what makes it better than any Indian place in your town? Looks like they only have one naan choice and I just find it strange to have tikka masala on the same menu as potstickers
I can't speak to the menu configuration, but it's one of the best newish options added to the parks.

mk1971

Frankly, I find the groups of American teenagers who sing in line and think they're in "Glee" as annoying as any tourists from other countries.

Exactely. The problem with brazilian tour groups isn't their nationality, it's the fact that they are TEENAGERS. American cheeleaders as as bad behavied as some brazilian tour grups.

The difference is that there are many more brazillian tour groups than cheerleader groups and the fact that you don't understand what they are chanting makes you dislike them and blame the nationality.

That are many, many brazilian families that travel to WDW all year long, not in tour groups that you don't even know are brazilian because they're not teenagers, they don't sing and they don't walk around in big groups.

So again, don't assume you understand a whole country's culture or behavior because you see some teenage groups in the parks in July.

Cousin Huet

Well, Brazilian sport fans do chant "hoo vai morrer" or "you're going to die" at the non-Brazilian athletes from what I have seen......right before their guy gets knocked stiff by an Irishman. So maybe their annoying chant culture runs a little deeper than the cheerleaders. Lol

Princess Leia

I look forward to the inevitable announcement. Finally getting caught up... This is what I get for skipping a week.
I mean, there's nothing set in stone yet, but I also am really looking forward to the announcement, whenever it happens. :) Between this, the UK attraction, and Ratatouille, I am so happy about the developments in the World Showcase.

cheezbat

Exactely. The problem with brazilian tour groups isn't their nationality, it's the fact that they are TEENAGERS. American cheeleaders as as bad behavied as some brazilian tour grups.

The difference is that there are many more brazillian tour groups than cheerleader groups and the fact that you don't understand what they are chanting makes you dislike them and blame the nationality.

That are many, many brazilian families that travel to WDW all year long, not in tour groups that you don't even know are brazilian because they're not teenagers, they don't sing and they don't walk around in big groups.

So again, don't assume you understand a whole country's culture or behavior because you see some teenage groups in the parks in July.
Some of us have Brazilians in our family...and sorry to say but they act EXACTLY like the annoying tour groups....oftentimes worse...and if they get a few drinks in them...it's game over.

FutureCEO

Brazil would be a good candidate for animal kingdom with the rainforest and such. Brazil in Epcot makes sense but at AK would make more sense.

Matt_Black

Although I'd like to see Brazil at Epcot, the way our economy/politics are right now, I'm sure our governement will not spend any money on a project like this. Private companies maybe, like Fogo de Chao sponsoring a restaurant, Havaianas sponsoring a store, but even so, Disney would have to spend a lot of its own money on building it.

That's actually how most pavilions in WS have been set-up. Morocco is the only pavilion directly sponsored by their nation's government (though there's been some debate about Norway over the years). The other pavilions are sponsored by companies native to that country, hoping to boost tourism (and therefore boost money spent on those local companies).

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
That's actually how most pavilions in WS have been set-up. Morocco is the only pavilion directly sponsored by their nation's government (though there's been some debate about Norway over the years). The other pavilions are sponsored by companies native to that country, hoping to boost tourism (and therefore boost money spent on those local companies).
Every Pavilion had input from their respective governments about design and architecture.

Aside from Canada.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom