Rumor Siemens is going to end their sponsorship with the parks - Spaceship Earth and IllumiNations

castlecake2.0

Ah, so they're like the perimeter effects at the Magic Kingdom?

That's right, if I remember right the one we had behind Canada was positioned behind the O Canada theatre and it was launched from almost a sky jack looking unit, whatever it was it was just brought in for the day and then gone again the next day. When taking the perimeter road behind MK you can see small fenced in areas that are there permanently for the perimeter fireworks

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
TDO uses Siemens for the majority of their building control systems at WDW. In the majority of buildings at wdw Everything from fire alarms to circuit breakers are Siemens. Wdw is probably one if their largest single customers in Florida if not a larger area. If the email wording is accurate it seems like a very abrupt and unfriendly breaking of the relationship.

Siemens, Soon to be replaced by Landis and Gyr building controls

BlindChow

TEMP Top Men Cm's.jpg

*Q*

That's just a composite of various stages of its design. And the returning of Tomorrows Child in 2007 that was scrapped. I really should get rid of that part.
Do you have much in the way of details of all what was involved with the 2007 Tomorrow's Child ending?
Siemens won't be a competitor with TWDC. Funny you should mention that though.

Nor is anything Star Wars proposed to intrude into the geosphere.
Were the rumors about Apple buying Disney debunked? I wasn't following those too closely. I bet that would throw a kink into the works with a Siemens sponsorship.

CaptainAmerica

Were the rumors about Apple buying Disney debunked? I wasn't following those too closely. I bet that would throw a kink into the works with a Siemens sponsorship.
They never needed to be debunked because it was nonsense from the beginning. That whole thing started with ONE stock analyst speculating about what Apple could do with all of its cash, and the combination of "Apple" and "Disney" click bait meant it got republished a hundred times. All of it was predicated on the Republicans and Trump passing tax reform that included a provision that allowed companies to repatriate overseas money with no or reduced taxes. It was speculation at best. Armchair imagineering, if you will.

DisneyCane

Pretty much debunked by common sense. Disney's market cap is way too high for it to make sense. It is over $166 billion and a purchaser would have to pay a premium on that amount. While Apple could "afford" it and still have around $80 billion cash left over, it would make very little sense to pay over 2/3 of their cash for an established company with a PE ratio of over 18. It isn't like Disney is a startup that is experiencing exponential growth. On the contrary, ESPN and, to a lesser extent ABC are drags on the growth potential.

HMF

Do you have much in the way of details of all what was involved with the 2007 Tomorrow's Child ending?
The 2007 Tomorrow's Child ending was mostly just speculation and wishful thinking. That being said my version of Spaceship Earth 5.0 (Which will likely never happen.) would have brought Tomorrows' Child back to the descent.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom