Disney Quest to close in July 2017

fngoofy

what about the other stuff such as the coaster simulator, ducks pinball, etc?
The Cyber Space Mountain sims will probably go to a country's air force. They are modified F-18? flight simulators that they repurposed for Cyber Space Mountain.
The Mighty Ducks Pinball Slam controllers are useless without the airbag system they rest on, without that I don't know if one of those would even stand up straight on its own, totally wouldn't be able to stand at it without modifying it and securing it to the ground.
The two VR attractions will probably get canned. The VR tech is laughable compared to today's gear that anyone can buy.
Same with Virtual PotC and the Jungle Cruise.
That just leaves the old ExtraTerrerestrialTerror tie-in ride that is on the top floor, it's a video game, so that will get canned.
They might save the Buzz Lightyear bumper cars.
/I think that's it.
//Having flashbacks, worked there for 6 months in 2002

ChrisFL

Premium Member
Interesting as I believe there have been no concept art or anything regarding what (NBA I guess) is replacing DisneyQuest, right?

Anyway, a sad end to a park that never really received the investment it deserved after initial opening and Disney gave up on trying to make it more than another way to sell higher priced passes (and indoor experience when the weather didn't allow people to go to the water parks)

I'd still like to see them move the virtual attractions to Innoventions since that area is practically empty now.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom