Disney Quest to close in July 2017

PorterRedkey

mLmsQbg.jpg
Stop with your torture. I feel like I am going to explode whenever I see a pic of Horizons in this condition. Stand clear!

PorterRedkey

I think a re-imagined DisneyQuest would draw more people, but in the end, it would suffer from the same problem as the original. Attractions not being updated.

I can't wait to see how quick the players get updated in the NBA experience. It will be weird when 10 years from now Steph Curry is retired and is still referred to as an elite player.

Last edited:

Biff215

Yes, the NBA Experience will replace DisneyQuest. Demolition will probably begin shortly after DisneyQuest closes.
Demolition as in the interior or the entire building? I had assumed they were simply gutting it, but it is a strange setup.
I think a re-imagined DisneyQuest would draw more people, but in the end, it would suffer from the same problem as the original. Attractions not being updated.

I can wait to see how quick the player get updated in the NBA experience. It will be weird when 10 years from now Steph Curry is retired and is still referred to as an elite player.
When it comes to DS it appears they're more interested in drawing a lease payment as opposed to more guests. I'd imagine the NBA will be better about updates although I doubt it would involve much more than some signage.

I don't think this is necessarily the best use for the space, but it's better than watching DQ deteriorate further or even worse sit there shuttered. The location on the West Side doesn't seem to help, it will be interesting to see how this plays out especially with the future of Cirque and HoB unknown.

TyTrap

I know this is unrelated but since Disney quest is right near it, what is going to happen to the la nuba building after it closes?

TyTrap

The real question is how long until the new place closes? It is doomed from day one!
Yea I agree I mean I was a huge NBA fan back in the day but to put that on Disney property for a niche audience is definitely a risk. Not to say no one likes the NBA but how many people would frequent that place who aren't fans of the sport?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom