News Big changes coming to EPCOT's Future World?

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
So @marni1971, you've been cautious about what you're willing to reveal on Epcot's future. However it does sound like the concept of Future World is going away. Do you feel that there is truly a new direction for the park (not saying whether or not you like it, just asking if there's a direction) or will it be more of the same in the form of piecemeal additions/subtractions as it has been over the last 20 years?
I don't see a coherent direction.

jt04

My recollection is from mid afternoon in the mid 90s. When's yours?

Guess what? Attendance has never hit the level the park had when it had Center in its name. Explain that.

Right before the announcement of it closing. I remember being both shocked and not shocked because of my experience of a completely empty show building. So, whenever that was.

Bocabear

I am always amazed when I hear everyone on these boards so down on EPCOT, and how stale and boring it is, and then defend the empty shell of a theme park DHS and say it has plenty of wonderful things to do.
It is TDO's fault that they ever let any of EPCOT's amazing groundbreaking attraction get even the slightest bit stale...it baffles me that they have allowed the park to languish the way they have... but EPCOT has never gotten even close to the amount of Neglect that DHS has.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
I am always amazed when I hear everyone on these boards so down on EPCOT, and how stale and boring it is, and then defend the empty shell of a theme park DHS and say it has plenty of wonderful things to do.

Who says that?!?

Also, it may be due to the fact that there is major construction at DHS but not at Epcot at the moment? But again, I have not really seen too many people hating on Epcot but defending DHS, at least from what I remember.

PorterRedkey

It certainly is. July 1st.
If it is anything like your previous updated videos, we are all in for a treat! Finally seeing the UoE finale again in your last video almost made weep.
I am hoping you have some bright footage of the colorful "yesterday's version of the future" segment with all the neon effects. All the footage I have seen it so much darker that it was in real life.
Regardless, I can't wait!

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
If it is anything like your previous updated videos, we are all in for a treat! Finally seeing the UoE finale again in your last video almost made weep.
I am hoping you have some bright footage of the colorful "yesterday's version of the future" segment with all the neon effects.
Thank you. I hope you like it. Virtually every clip has been enhanced in some way as much as I can. I also hope the audio mix is the best available.

PorterRedkey

I don't see a coherent direction.
Can you say if NewCot Center will include current "idea-themed" pavilions mixed with IP only pavilions like GotG? Will the themes be Space, Transportation and the Guardian of the Galaxy? Or will the Guardian's ride theme be more like it's the Energy pavilion - starring the GotG?
While I don't like the IP way Epcot is headed, I would hope that any IP's additions would try to tie themselves to the theme of the original pavilion, like Seas or Rat in France.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Can you say if NewCot Center will include current "idea-themed" pavilions mixed with IP only pavilions like GotG? Will the themes be Space, Transportation and the Guardian of the Galaxy? Or will the Guardian's ride theme be more like it's the Energy pavilion - starring the GotG?
While I don't like the IP way Epcot is headed, I would hope that any IP's additions would try to tie themselves to the theme of the original pavilion, like Seas or Rat in France.
Seas, Land, Space and Test Track will still have their overriding themes. Though the first three are scheduled to see some changes.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom