• Yes

Votes: 645 81.5%
  • No

Votes: 81 10.2%
  • Undecided

Votes: 65 8.2%

• Total voters

jrhwdw

Ignite is scheduled this Saturday according to SWOs calendar. Questioning if it will be worth going to see.

Thanks! Must of been a late add to the calendar. Yes it was planned but, everything else in Electric Ocean was already on the calendar weeks ago except Ignite.

I'd say the Go the Distance is a huge reference to Wishes. It was my favorite part of Wishes But it is now much longer and much better.
To me, Go The Distance in HEA is more like TDL's old Countdown music from the early 2000's(which is a good thing!) The throwback to Wishes is the shooting stars and Tiana's segment is like the Frozen pyro in OUAT

Bocabear

You're wrong, as usual. But what else is new?

Rightfully so as it is the greatest nighttime show Disney has ever created! Glad to hear it!!
I think "the greatest nighttime show Disney has ever created!" is a little overstated... It might be the best that has been done here in WDW, but not the best ever created... Look at the Paris show (Which was coincidently designed for WDW Which TDO turned down)... I have a feeling that the next generation show for the 50th will be closer to what we should have gotten long ago...Fountains and all

Belpois2712

I think "the greatest nighttime show Disney has ever created!" is a little overstated... It might be the best that has been done here in WDW, but not the best ever created... Look at the Paris show (Which was coincidently designed for WDW Which TDO turned down)... I have a feeling that the next generation show for the 50th will be closer to what we should have gotten long ago...Fountains and all

Don't forget that Disneyland Paris now has Disney Illuminations now which is basically a slightly watered down version of Ignite the Dream from Shanghai Disneyland. Also just to point out, the best nighttime show for you of coarse may not be the same for others.

Bocabear

Don't forget that Disneyland Paris now has Disney Illuminations now which is basically a slightly watered down version of Ignite the Dream from Shanghai Disneyland. Also just to point out, the best nighttime show for you of coarse may not be the same for others.
the best anything for one person may not be the same for others....so what is your point? I did not make a blanket statement that anything was The Best Thing Ever Done...merely pointed out there were more ambitious shows designed...and that while I enjoyed HEA, it was not as spectacular as the premiere of Disney Dreams with it's wide water screens and additional effects.

TTA94

Thanks! Must of been a late add to the calendar. Yes it was planned but, everything else in Electric Ocean was already on the calendar weeks ago except Ignite.

I highly doubt this is the case for ignite lol, but if SWO had the budget, which I don't think they do, they could pull off a show that blows Rivers of Light out of the water. More in line with World of Color.

jrhwdw

I highly doubt this is the case for ignite lol, but if SWO had the budget, which I don't think they do, they could pull off a show that blows Rivers of Light out of the water. More in line with World of Color.
I'm guessing it'll be like Reflections (Which they haven't had during the summer and Christmas in years!)It would be nice if it had Classic SWO music sine Horizons is gone and One Ocean will be in 2019. If SWO had the money or at least get a loan, a WOC like show with pyro might get more people in. Hopefully, Ignite and its reaction will be good enough to have it extend it to Labor Day and return starting Thanksgiving.

jrhwdw

Speaking about DLP Dreams......Any way we can get TDO thinking about Fountains for the 50th? That would be the next step, Even if it means keeping HEA and just having a night paorade and an upgraded HEA would be good for the 50th

donsullivan

Premium Member
Speaking about DLP Dreams......Any way we can get TDO thinking about Fountains for the 50th? That would be the next step, Even if it means keeping HEA and just having a night paorade and an upgraded HEA would be good for the 50th

There's a practical issue here that has to be factored into the desire to add fountains to any castle show at the Magic Kingdom. The only place they could go is in the moat and without the removal of a whole lot of trees and removing the newly installed front turret walls, you wouldn't be able to see them. The fountains are an option that could be added in Paris as a result of the design of that castle where there were moat ponds already in front of the castle that are not blocked by trees. When they put them in they were immediately visible and add a lot to the various shows, including the stage shows. I can't even imaging the outcry if they took down all the trees that would be required to actually see fountains added into the moat. It's a nice sentiment, and they are a nice addition in Paris, but the design of the whole area in MK just doesn't lend itself to adding them.

Bocabear

There are very few trees left to even worry about... a small cluster on each side, and the fountains and projects are largely centered around the castle, not further out in the periphery... And as you know, if they want to do it they will no mater what outcry there is to save the trees...the most important trees have already been removed...

Kman101

I understand those who had that special connection with Wishes, that it tugged on your heartstrings at a key moment in life, but I'd just suggest seeing the show in person with no expectations. You shouldn't go into it trying to capture that same feeling, you're only going to let yourself down because it won't live up to the expectations you've placed on it. It's a fantastic show. It's not Wishes. If you go in with a different mind-frame than "ugh it's not Wishes where's the emotional connection" you may enjoy it. I'm not saying it's wrong to want that connection but there's a few moments that can tug at you that are great. IMHO. Just a different perspective :)

Belpois2712

the best anything for one person may not be the same for others....so what is your point? I did not make a blanket statement that anything was The Best Thing Ever Done...merely pointed out there were more ambitious shows designed...and that while I enjoyed HEA, it was not as spectacular as the premiere of Disney Dreams with it's wide water screens and additional effects.
Like I said, I wanted to state as you just said here, you find Disney Dreams Spectacular due to the water effects, but many find Happily Ever After spectacular the way it is. I originally wanted to point out in a separate post that each firework spectacular shouldn't have all the same effects as the others. The Magic Kingdom can do amazing without fountains, same for Disneyland. Each park needs to hold on to unique features.

jrhwdw

According to Twitter, SWO had a soft open for passholders for Electric Ocean and Ignite(have not seeen Shamu Light Up The Night yet so IDK if that's tonight), as I expected Ignite is #2 over USO but a STRONG #2!!!!! Put Cindy's Castle, MK's high pyro department and HEA's Soundtack in Bayside Statum and it'll be better than what's in MK Park now!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom