• Yes

Votes: 645 81.5%
  • No

Votes: 81 10.2%
  • Undecided

Votes: 65 8.2%

• Total voters

ToTBellHop

Pics with arrows? I never got that when I was watching HEA's finale.

Any talk of the two extra Pyro launch sites going into the show?
I can see what they are trying to do. No talk of the perimeters that I know of.
Clearly angle matters. Let me check what it looks like from TTC.

Best I could grab.
IMG_4220.PNG

Last edited:

Notes from Neverland

After watching some more recent videos, it's clear a good number of the fireworks are still changing. Quite a few big differences. It'll be interesting to see the show when it's done changing shells.

Cosmic Commando

Pics with arrows? I never got that when I was watching HEA's finale.

Any talk of the two extra Pyro launch sites going into the show?
I think they didn't test the perimeter launch sites because of the burn ban, and the burn ban is supposedly sticking around for at least a few weeks more (according to chatter from Fort Wilderness fans).

Edit: the ban was already lifted... I just wasn't paying enough attention.

Last edited:

Disone

I think they didn't test the perimeter launch sites because of the burn ban, and the burn ban is supposedly sticking around for at least a few weeks more (according to chatter from Fort Wilderness fans).
The burn ban was lifted Monday the 5th. I was staying at Fort Wilderness when they let us know that we can start using the charcoal grills again.

UpAllNight

The tripadvisor reviews for this show are spectacular...they've really hit it out the park. Credit to them.

I absolutely thought it was the most amazing fireworks show I've ever seen. I saw it on day 2 or 3 of it debuting and I had avoided reviews & previews other than those released by Disney themselves.

The show pulled on my heart strings & actually made me tear up a little, which is rare! It was so overpowering it was one of those 'I love this place' kind of moments. They really debuted well the huge range of IP at their disposal and their choices paid tribute to some classic work, whilst targeting children of the 80s/90s with Lion King & Aladdin (I fanboyed) but also their recent hits Frozen, Wreck it Ralph, Big Hero 6' Frozen (actually done really well) & Moana (Moana arguably got the best crowd reaction).

My personal favourite moment was the firework launched from the side in time with the projection of the arrow fired from Brave...a big wow moment for me.

I wonder what the price difference is compared to Wishes....their seemed to me to be treble the pyro?

It was just so well done & I hope it sticks around for the 50th.

aimeeg

I agree with your opinion here. I also have not seen it in person yet, only through video footage so I am really hopeful that I will be blown away in person, but the music just doesn't do it for me. It doesn't give me those warm and emotional feelings that Wishes did. I have to wait until December to see it in person and I am hoping by then, I will be a lot more open to a new show (I really did love wishes) and that I will be blown away.
me too! Glad im not the only one not sure. I do keep watching the vids but still no chills. looking forward to seeing it in nov for a better perspective. I love certain songs they used but the others are mehhhh...we'll see!!

Disney Analyst

The tripadvisor reviews for this show are spectacular...they've really hit it out the park. Credit to them.

I absolutely thought it was the most amazing fireworks show I've ever seen. I saw it on day 2 or 3 of it debuting and I had avoided reviews & previews other than those released by Disney themselves.

The show pulled on my heart strings & actually made me tear up a little, which is rare! It was so overpowering it was one of those 'I love this place' kind of moments. They really debuted well the huge range of IP at their disposal and their choices paid tribute to some classic work, whilst targeting children of the 80s/90s with Lion King & Aladdin (I fanboyed) but also their recent hits Frozen, Wreck it Ralph, Big Hero 6' Frozen (actually done really well) & Moana (Moana arguably got the best crowd reaction).

My personal favourite moment was the firework launched from the side in time with the projection of the arrow fired from Brave...a big wow moment for me.

I wonder what the price difference is compared to Wishes....their seemed to me to be treble the pyro?

It was just so well done & I hope it sticks around for the 50th.

It is currently ranked as the #1 show in Orlando. Trip Advisor loves it.

bclane

me too! Glad im not the only one not sure. I do keep watching the vids but still no chills. looking forward to seeing it in nov for a better perspective. I love certain songs they used but the others are mehhhh...we'll see!!
I finally got to see it a couple nights ago. It was truly amazing and I was blown away by the technology and spectacle of it all. But I couldn't help think about how much I'm gonna miss seeing Wishes which has been my favorite part of Disney for a while. Wishes was elegant and sweet and always tugged on my heart strings. It's the music that I am going to miss the most. This new show is awesome but I wish they could have figured out a way to sneak in some subtle call backs to Wishes just to honor it but I'm probably in the minority on that. I will be hoping they bring back Wishes for a night here or there or for special events in the future but I do think the new show is wonderful and I can't wait to see it again.

aimeeg

I finally got to see it a couple nights ago. It was truly amazing and I was blown away by the technology and spectacle of it all. But I couldn't help think about how much I'm gonna miss seeing Wishes which has been my favorite part of Disney for a while. Wishes was elegant and sweet and always tugged on my heart strings. It's the music that I am going to miss the most. This new show is awesome but I wish they could have figured out a way to sneak in some subtle call backs to Wishes just to honor it but I'm probably in the minority on that. I will be hoping they bring back Wishes for a night here or there or for special events in the future but I do think the new show is wonderful and I can't wait to see it again.
looking forward to seeing it now.

BlindChow

Wishes came to a complete stop and concluded each segment and then restarted anew complete with an explaination of what you are about to see. To me, I always disliked that Wishes did that. I do not need a narrator, Cricket or otherwise, explaining to me that romantic music is romantic.
I always wondered about this. The old fireworks displays (Sorcery in the Sky, etc) were basically "Best of Disney" clip shows, but now I see people complaining that the nighttime spectaculars don't have enough "story." Like I need some amorphous "grandma" narrating my Disney music pyro extravaganzas...

Sky

Seeing the show for the first time Saturday night, and I couldn't be more excited...but for those who miss Wishes, am I the only one who has an inkling that it will come back for "limited time engagements" in a couple years? Maybe just for a month or so during slower months to drive crowds? They've got a cash cow right now driving crowds into (the) MK, but at some point I can see them bringing back a cheaper show for a quick engagement. (All of this is pure speculation - salt isn't a small enough increment to weigh this post)

tirian

I always wondered about this. The old fireworks displays (Sorcery in the Sky, etc) were basically "Best of Disney" clip shows, but now I see people complaining that the nighttime spectaculars don't have enough "story." Like I need some amorphous "grandma" narrating my Disney music pyro extravaganzas...

I wish the show had more classic Disney music because it's a castle park, but I agree that it's kind of a high-tech return to Sorcery in the Sky.

It's also nice to not hear about MAGICAL WISHES OF MAGICAL DREAMS OF WISHING MAGIC IF I BELIEVE over and over again. ;)

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
This new show is awesome but I wish they could have figured out a way to sneak in some subtle call backs to Wishes just to honor it but I'm probably in the minority on that.

Theres' a 10 second instrumental salute to "When You Wish Upon a Star", plus a star in the tower that Tiana is wishing upon with her own thematic version of the song.
The evening star is shining bright
So make a wish and hold on tight
There's magic in the air tonight
And anything can happen

Like I need some amorphous "grandma" narrating my Disney music pyro extravaganzas...

No, you'll get a real life grandma standing next to you telling her 7 year old grandchild everything that everyone is seeing.

I wish the show had more classic Disney music because it's a castle park, but I agree that it's kind of a high-tech return to Sorcery in the Sky.

Once Upon a Time, the non-pyro projection show has all the classics. But, depending on your age, these can be considered classic. ;)

"Touch the Sky," Brave
"Friend Like Me," Aladdin
"Can You Feel the Love Tonight," The Lion King
"I Can Go the Distance," Hercules

tirian

Theres' a 10 second instrumental salute to "When You Wish Upon a Star", plus a star in the tower that Tiana is wishing upon with her own thematic version of the song.
The evening star is shining bright
So make a wish and hold on tight
There's magic in the air tonight
And anything can happen

No, you'll get a real life grandma standing next to you telling her 7 year old grandchild everything that everyone is seeing.

Once Upon a Time, the non-pyro projection show has all the classics. But, depending on your age, these can be considered classic. ;)

"Touch the Sky," Brave
"Friend Like Me," Aladdin
"Can You Feel the Love Tonight," The Lion King
"I Can Go the Distance," Hercules

I'm the correct age, but the home video releases called the older ones "classics." ;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom