Possible Attraction in France pavilion (Epcot) Update - new Attraction Greenlit

Figment Newton

So even though this isn't RAT construction shouldn't that begin early 2018. Also anybody hear anything on the other WS projects like UK/new pavilions?

I am also curious about some of these other projects. I saw a video on Youtube (DSNY channel) with title of something like 'Coco and Mary Poppins might come to Epcot.' It just said that there is 'talk' about these rumors and I have no clue if this YT channel is a good source or not, but it did remind me that Coco was mentioned on this site before. I don't recall Mary Poppins being mentioned before, but the same video mentioned the Lochness monster attraction I have heard mentioned here. Unfortunately I don't know much about these projects.

Does anybody have new info on Coco rumor and is Mary Poppins really a possibility? Lochness? If these notions of adding to/changing Mexico and Uk are true, WS could change quite a bit in addition to Rat in France.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I am also curious about some of these other projects. I saw a video on Youtube (DSNY channel) with title of something like 'Coco and Mary Poppins might come to Epcot.' It just said that there is 'talk' about these rumors and I have no clue if this YT channel is a good source or not, but it did remind me that Coco was mentioned on this site before. I don't recall Mary Poppins being mentioned before, but the same video mentioned the Lochness monster attraction I have heard mentioned here. Unfortunately I don't know much about these projects.

Does anybody have new info on Coco rumor and is Mary Poppins really a possibility? Lochness? If these notions of adding to/changing Mexico and Uk are true, WS could change quite a bit in addition to Rat in France.
Coco probably.
Poppins is a possible but not the favourite.
Loch Ness is new to me.

Figment Newton

Coco probably.
Poppins is a possible but not the favourite.
Loch Ness is new to me.

Thanks! I thought someone here had mentioned something like a Lochness ride but I can't remember who it was. The DSNY video definitely brought it up after Mary Poppins was discussed. I just hope what they do helps restore/improve Epcot!

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I saw a video on Youtube (DSNY channel) with title of something like 'Coco and Mary Poppins might come to Epcot.' It just said that there is 'talk' about these rumors and I have no clue if this YT channel is a good source or not,

No, it is not a good YT channel. Jack just reads various forums and regurgitates as a 'newscast.' He doesn't have any personal connections.

So, he'll get a lot of things right, but, he'll also get some things very, very wrong because he isn't careful with his web sources.

If you want a summary of our insiders on this forum, see here: http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/rumor-and-upcoming-timeline-tracker.926402/

Phicinfan

Wow, Poppins is not the favorite....that somewhat shocks me. That helps me hold out hope it will be Sword in the Stone!! Robin hood would be liked as well, but SitS is an all time favorite of mine!

Haymarket2008

The Loch Ness rumor was just fan speculation. It was debunked by @WDW1974.

Bocabear

Ok so Poppins, Alice, Brave, Sword In The Stone, Robin Hood,Candleshoe, 101 and 102 Dalmatians, Bedknobs and Broomsticks...Are there any more Disney IPs that have a United Kingdom background?
Part B would be, are any of these choices current or relevant...
Part C would be if any of these would be appropriate at the UK Pavilion ( though Frozen proved appropriateness is not necessarily that important.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
Ok so Poppins, Alice, Brave, Sword In The Stone, Robin Hood, Bedknobs and Broomsticks...Are there any more Disney IPs that have a United Kingdom background?
Part B would be, are any of these choices current or relevant...
Part C would be if any of these would be appropriate at the UK Pavilion ( though Frozen proved appropriateness is not necessarily that important.

Peter Pan...but for some reason I feel like there is already a popular attraction for that...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom