Possible Attraction in France pavilion (Epcot) Update - new Attraction Greenlit

uncle jimmy

Premium Member
There is something under construction behind Germany, this was a picture from about a month ago. May that equipment is related to this.

View attachment 207631
@marni1971 @Magic Feather can you share or have insight into this construction area behind Germany? And the construction materials said to be along the back part of ws, is it for Rat ride or for this Germany construction?

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Considering the ride is a clone, I'm sure the blueprints are ready

Even it the ride itself is the same it doesn't mean that the show building will be the same. There will also be differences in the infrastructure connecting the ride to the rest of the park, not to mention there might be different building codes to be considered.

Last edited:

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Even it the ride itself is the same it doesn't mean that the show building will be the same. There will also be differences in the infrastructure connecting the ride to the rest of the park, not to mention there might be different building codes to be considered.

Practically and legally you cannot take drawings for one place and just use them in another, even just between US states. Even though the end result looks nearly the same, how you get there is going to be different.

Indeed. First, you need to convert the metric into Freedom Units!

Second, the original Rat was connected to a restaurant and a particular queue/preshow. Well, the restaurant isn't being cloned and the queue has to be redesigned to get people from the front (or midpoint) of France-land to the back part where the ride is. This may or may not go through/include Impressions de France.

lazyboy97o

Second, the original Rat was connected to a restaurant and a particular queue/preshow. Well, the restaurant isn't being cloned and the queue has to be redesigned to get people from the front (or midpoint) of France-land to the back part where the ride is. This may or may not go through/include Impressions de France.
Even without those changes, there would still be a good bit of work.

MaximumEd

What lazyboy said. I do coating inspection and cathodic protection on steel for a living. Overseas, you may see ISO standards. Here, you have NACE or SSPC standards. Even though they generally have their equivalent, construction is far more complex than most people realize from start to finish, and I just deal with a very tiny portion in what are typically very large projects. It's not as simple as grabbing the blueprints from Paris, bringing them here, rent a bunch of equipment, and start digging the foundation.

misterID

What everyone else said, the Paris ride is basically a guide to what they want. Engineers, architects and inspectors aren't going to treat this like an off the shelf clone.

This is the right step for WS. Is the film staying?

jackmosby

Roll Tide! I think that's cool. I think it's one of Disney's most underrated films. Loved it. So, they have one in France?

Yes, and tbh, it's not a very good ride. Or, at least, it needs some works to be one. Mostly on the integration of screens : most of the time in the ride, you feel like being in front of a big movie theater screen

upload_2017-6-11_22-34-26.png

And most of the effects are not working anymore. Could be blamed on the fact that it hadn't got a rehab in 3 years and on the French maintenance team, but still. If you got the same ride that is in Paris right now, don't be so happy. But if your version got some work on it in order to really be at WDI level, it can be good. Just, right now, it's an okay and kinda boring ride with a loose storyline that nobody serious can get excited about.

DisneyJayL

In the Parks
No
Yes, and tbh, it's not a very good ride. Or, at least, it needs some works to be one. Mostly on the integration of screens : most of the time in the ride, you feel like being in front of a big movie theater screen

View attachment 209487

And most of the effects are not working anymore. Could be blamed on the fact that it hadn't got a rehab in 3 years and on the French maintenance team, but still. If you got the same ride that is in Paris right now, don't be so happy. But if your version got some work on it in order to really be at WDI level, it can be good. Just, right now, it's an okay and kinda boring ride with a loose storyline that nobody serious can get excited about.
Thanks for the input. I looked it up on YouTube after reading this and I am seeing what you are saying. I still would like them to do something for France. The only reason I stop there is for the alcohol, I guess.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom