Possible Attraction in France pavilion (Epcot) Update - new Attraction Greenlit

doctornick

Original Poster
That is a really good question...Alice? Brave? though neither of them seem like quite as good a fit as Mary Poppins.

Perhaps I'm just weird, but Mary Poppins seems like a terrible fit for UK Epcot. Doesn't really have a strong cultural significant befitting of a British Pavilion; being "better" than Frozen in Norway is an absurdly low bar.

Sword in the Stone? Perfect. Robin Hood? Would be great if it were humans instead of anthropomorphic animals. I can understand people wanting a proper Poppins attractions in WDW, but Epcot doesn't seem like the ride location.

Kman101

Perhaps I'm just weird, but Mary Poppins seems like a terrible fit for UK Epcot. Doesn't really have a strong cultural significant befitting of a British Pavilion; being "better" than Frozen in Norway is an absurdly low bar.

Sword in the Stone? Perfect. Robin Hood? Would be great if it were humans instead of anthropomorphic animals. I can understand people wanting a proper Poppins attractions in WDW, but Epcot doesn't seem like the ride location.

Most of us are likely throwing Poppins out there because we know there isn't a chance in he-double-hockey-sticks they go with Sword in the Stone or Robin Hood.

Poppins would be a fine fit. IMO of course.

EricsBiscuit

Honestly the Pter Pan in the Magic Kingdom is the worst iteration of the ride ever built...they REALLY need to either upgade it or completely start over from scratch in a whole new building... Like the Shanghai version...
actually Tokyo has the worst one. It's Neverland is the size of a table. The one in WDW is the second best IMO bc the buildings in London are 3D along with the ships and the Neverland is huge and filled with detail. Shanghai's is by far the best one.

Bocabear

Not that I could ever see this happening, but building the upgraded Shanghai-version of Peter Pan's Flight for the UK pavilion and opening up a spot in Fantasyland for an attraction with far better capacity makes a lot of sense.
I would rather see them tear down the circus tents and build an even better version of Peter Pan in that spot...double tracked, newer effects, longer ride. Remove the circus train splash area and replace it with a Neverland themed play area and a Pixie Hollow meet and greet thing. That would give the whole Peter Pan ip a little proper respect... Create an all new Tangled ride to replace Peter Pan after the new Peter Pan area opens... Use the expanded Peter Pan Queue as another Princess Hug Zone for Tangled and I think the park would make a lot of sense...

MCast

To me, I feel like an Alice hedge maze would be the most likely and appropriate option. It would be non-obtrusive, fitting quite nicely with the theming of the area. It wouldn't be IP overload in your face, but rather, discreetly reflect the tranquility of manicured English gardens.

All good by me.

Bocabear

To me, I feel like an Alice hedge maze would be the most likely and appropriate option. It would be non-obtrusive, fitting quite nicely with the theming of the area. It wouldn't be IP overload in your face, but rather, discreetly reflect the tranquility of manicured English gardens.

All good by me.
it would also be completely underwelming and not much of an attraction...more like a filler... The UK pavilion should have a proper attraction, not an after-thought maze being added because it is budget friendly...EPCOT needs capacity attractions...

MCast

it would also be completely underwelming and not much of an attraction...more like a filler... The UK pavilion should have a proper attraction, not an after-thought maze being added because it is budget friendly...EPCOT needs capacity attractions...

Agree that the park needs higher capacity attractions, but I don't think the UK pavilion has the space to accommodate that. I would hope that whatever new pavilion(s) open would have such attractions as well as whatever replaces UoE and WoL.

Figment Newton

Kman101

I would rather see them tear down the circus tents and build an even better version of Peter Pan in that spot...double tracked, newer effects, longer ride. Remove the circus train splash area and replace it with a Neverland themed play area and a Pixie Hollow meet and greet thing. That would give the whole Peter Pan ip a little proper respect... Create an all new Tangled ride to replace Peter Pan after the new Peter Pan area opens... Use the expanded Peter Pan Queue as another Princess Hug Zone for Tangled and I think the park would make a lot of sense...

If only!

And expand the Alice presence like once planned and add the dark ride.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom