Expect more premium events with recent organizational changes

ptaylor

Premium Member
Original Poster
Walt Disney World is under continued pressure to increase guest spending and drive new revenue without significant additional expenditure.

To facilitate this, a new department has been established specifically to develop new offerings. It is headed by former DAK VP Josh D'Amaro.

Expect more along the lines of dessert parties, Club 33, ticketed events, selling drinks in the parking lots etc.

jt04

Walt Disney World is under continued pressure to increase guest spending and drive new revenue without significant additional expenditure.

To facilitate this, a new department has been established specifically to develop new offerings. It is headed by former DAK VP Josh D'Amaro.

Expect more along the lines of dessert parties, Club 33, ticketed events, selling drinks in the parking lots etc.

As long as they don't make Club 33 or buying soda in the parking lot mandatory than I don't see a problem giving guests more choices.

drizgirl

As long as they don't make Club 33 or buying soda in the parking lot mandatory than I don't see a problem giving guests more choices.

Or close the Tiki Room to put in Club 33.

I do sort of wish they'e put as much effort into the core parks experience as they do with the upsells. You know, the experience some folks are paying over $100/day to experience......

jt04

Or close the Tiki Room to put in Club 33.

I do sort of wish they'e put as much effort into the core parks experience as they do with the upsells. You know, the experience some folks are paying over $100/day to experience......

Perhaps they will one day build a Pandora, Star Wars and Toy Story Lands and update Epcot.

Who knows?

Kingtut

It will be fascinating to see what they come up with next. :rolleyes:
95e3edcff82ecb6c.jpg

drizgirl

Perhaps they will one day build a Pandora, Star Wars and Toy Story Lands and update Epcot.

Who knows?

They seem to pop the upsell experiences up overnight with a new one being announced seemingly every week any more. I'd like to see more small things added to the core experience on a more frequent basis. You know, things that don't require closing other attractions and don't take the better part of a decade to complete.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom