WDW To Enforce FP+ Rules

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
Because bonuses come from developing ways to save or earn the company more money and no longer from keeping guests satisfied. Being able to shave 10% from your departments wages? You get a bonus and corner parking spot. Being able to "add capacity" to the FP+ system at no cost? You get a window cubicle and another bonus. The same thing happened with the refillable mugs. MOST people don't scheme the system, and the overall issues/losses are probably negligible in the scheme of things and can be written off as a rounding error. See how many people here didn't even know you could game the FP+ system in this manner, and if people fanatic enough about WDW to post on a forum don't know it, do you really think Joe Tourist from Podunk Whereversville knew it? But being able to show a net reduction in abuse reflects positively on someones bottom line, so some beancounter is trying to find things like this to fix.

It's the same mentality that is working so well (sarcasm is dripping from my screen as I type this) for many of the legacy airlines in the US, more seats filled and more fares = more bonus for CEO, keeping customers happy doesn't equate at all (Hi United!!!).

You have heard of my father :)

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
While it's an amusing fantasy to think about Disney scheming plans up to catch the "cheaters", this is a company that doesn't even put enough resources into running their day-to-day operations.
Perhaps -- but it seems every time a "work-around" becomes common knowledge, they change the rules or procedures just enough to close a loophole.

Then the crafty, ingenious American people go to work figuring out another "Disney hack." It's a never-ending game of cat-and-mouse... :p

Jedi Stitch

So it sounds like that the day users are totally abusing the system. I don't understand how someone could use non active MB. So with this loop hole, I go back to WDW. I already have 6 MB. the three I get from booking and the three custom ones I got at the park. So we go back get three more, and link the old one to the account and I could have 27 fast passes? Well crap, I guess that would be cheating. So only the active ones, but then the intrepid would just leave come back scan the old band linked to the account and so forth, so really the system need to be completely proactive and only allow one MB active per paid admission , so locking accounts might be the only way. For me family of 3 should have a max of 9 FP+ in advance.
And to the people who at 180 days make multiple ADR using each member of the party. That is why they had to go to 180 days because people have to book earlier to just get an ADR. 12:01 AM I have to be just to get a Cindi's ADR. Our last trip we booked 3 months out. I was lucky to get the most off the wall times for places because all the best places nada. No Cindi, no SciFi, only breakfast BOG, only breakfast at Ohana. It got to the point we just showed up and planed for no shows.

PaulaT

When we were in the parks a couple days ago, we overheard briefly a cm at 7dwarfs telling what appeared to be his supervisor how he is noticing guest abusing the parent swap. apparently figuring a way to get multiple parent swap tickets and between those and their fp being able to ride like 6 times.

msteel

Last week I noticed several different groups of people in the fast pass lines using the Green FP+ cards and I didn't think much of it at the time but it seems like those cards would be the easiest and cheapest way to exploit this system.

When you say "Green FP+ cards" do you mean RFID ticket cards? That is what we used on our trip last month wince we didn't want to buy Magic Bands.

This is why I wish Disney kept the second checkpoint at all of the attractions. I know it slowed things down, but it prevented people from jumping over. In theory, of course. They still might get rewarded because Disney's frontline managers are spineless.
I didn't pay the closest attention, but I think they change up use of the second tapstyles depending on the situation (length of standby line perhaps?). It seemed like they used them some days at Space mountain and other days not.

I wonder if they will do something to stop the FastPass + Child Swap loophole... I mean, I'm okay with some people in the group getting to re-ride if you have to split the group up due to Child Swap reasons, but if you're going to enter through the FastPass line, I think everyone who is riding should need to have a FastPass for their first ride on the attraction...
My recent experience on this point was different this trip than previous. Previously we used Fastpass and child swap together. This trip I asked once at Space Mountain and the procedure there was to have everybody wait in line and then the grouper sent the waiting party down the ramp to the ride exit, and when the riding party got off the waiting party (and one or two others) went back up the ramp where the grouper allowed them to load.
This may not be a change of policy as much as a change in how we fit the policy. Previously our kids were not tall enough to ride, now they were tall enough but were afraid to ride. The other time we asked about child swap was at BTMRR and we were told that rider swap passes were only if you were not tall enough to ride.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Original Poster

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Original Poster
I've always wondered if that was a J.K. Rowling thing and not specifically a Universal thing.

Perhaps, but you can use Express Pass on the Hufflepuff coaster and Dragons Challenge. She did, though, have a lot of input into Harry Potter world.

MrPromey

I'm in agreement with closing the loophole. I also think cheating can be mitigated by either eliminating FP+ tiers or increasing the initial number of selections by one or two.

The problem is, neither of your two solutions are viable given the stable of Fast Pass attractions currently available in the parks that have tiers.

Those tiers are in place so the same person can't book Soarin', Test Track, and Frozen 70 days out on a single day leaving everyone else with the rides nobody wants to "waste" fastpasses on.

If Epcot was busting at the seams with popular attractions the way the Magic Kingdom is, this wouldn't be a problem but they're not and neither by a far stretch is Hollwood Studios.

This is also why they have fastpasses for a viewing spot for Illuminations - it's not because this was needed but instead is meant to give people more ways to burn up fast-passes in a tier that has popular things in it.

The only solution for parks with tiers is the addition of more desirable attractions.

They're slowly on their way with that but if it'll be enough once those come online, is anyone's guess.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom