• Yes

Votes: 645 81.5%
  • No

Votes: 81 10.2%
  • Undecided

Votes: 65 8.2%

• Total voters

Kevin_W

I would have appreciated OUAT a lot more had they showed it before HEA because it's not as "wow" as HEA. I liked it more than Celebrate the Magic (although CtM has the better theme song), but being after HEA makes it a lot less impressive IMO

I agree - I think like Celebrate it would have worked better as a lead-in. I liked it, but I think I liked Celebrate more.

HEA totally blew me away - I'd avoided this thread and any spoilers and was actually prepared to be a bit disappointed. But it did everything right for me - the story, the songs, the pyro, the projections. Like photoginit said, we saw it twice once from up close and once from farther back and got a different experience. the crowd reaction and excitement for the new show as neat as well. When tink flew at the end it was definitely a highlight.

Disone

I agree - I think like Celebrate it would have worked better as a lead-in. I liked it, but I think I liked Celebrate more.

HEA totally blew me away - I'd avoided this thread and any spoilers and was actually prepared to be a bit disappointed. But it did everything right for me - the story, the songs, the pyro, the projections. Like photoginit said, we saw it twice once from up close and once from farther back and got a different experience. the crowd reaction and excitement for the new show as neat as well. When tink flew at the end it was definitely a highlight.

I totally agree. I have seen the show about 7 times, and at least twice, Tink did not fly because of various weather conditions. She represents a peak in the finale that is missed when she is not present. I feel like even those that do not know she is suppose to be in the show feel like something more was suppose to happen when she does not fly.

Tink's role in the finale I find to be far more impactful then in the beginning of both FitS and Wishes. I am glad they build up to this moment now instead of starting with it.

Kevin_W

YES YES YES! The build up is freaking amazing and I seem to always tear up when she flies off the tower, I don't recall that happening to me ever during Wishes. It also helps the preceding segments are emotional too

Yes. I never got emotional during Wishes but found it happening during this show. It must have been the extra pyro causing smoke in my eyes. :)

Tink didn't fly the second show we saw due to weather and she was missed, but that was still a peak in the show.

thundermtnGOAT

Is it just me or is this show not loud enough? I find it difficult to hear at times, especially during the narrator bits, over the buzz of the crowd. I never felt like that was a problem with Wishes. It was very loud.

thundermtnGOAT

Festival of Fantasy in Frontierland in general is also pretty poor. Not loud enough/too few & too small speakers for all the open space. Main Street is essentially a tunnel so it doesn't have that much of an issue.

aimeeg

anyone else unsure what they think of it? we have watched it a few times and it just hasnt grown on me. maybe once we see it in person. I think that the projections are amazing for sure...those did blow me away...but it doesnt seem to flow like wishes...guess the good thing is they always have the ability to tweak things in the future. no chills for me when i watch this one but maybe that will change over time.

Disone

anyone else unsure what they think of it? we have watched it a few times and it just hasnt grown on me. maybe once we see it in person. I think that the projections are amazing for sure...those did blow me away...but it doesnt seem to flow like wishes...guess the good thing is they always have the ability to tweak things in the future. no chills for me when i watch this one but maybe that will change over time.
Thanks but I really think all reviews based on YouTube viewings are just unwarranted. Wait until you see it in person but no, you are not alone in feeling that way. Flow.... Wishes came to a complete stop and concluded each segment and then restarted anew complete with an explaination of what you are about to see. To me, I always disliked that Wishes did that. I do not need a narrator, Cricket or otherwise, explaining to me that romantic music is romantic. Clearly a lot of people including you liked that feature, but it was exactly my less favorite feature of Wishes, which has gotten long in the tooth.

Last edited:

mlegerto

I agree with your opinion here. I also have not seen it in person yet, only through video footage so I am really hopeful that I will be blown away in person, but the music just doesn't do it for me. It doesn't give me those warm and emotional feelings that Wishes did. I have to wait until December to see it in person and I am hoping by then, I will be a lot more open to a new show (I really did love wishes) and that I will be blown away.

jrhwdw

Fun facts: the show is still receiving spectacular guest ratings after four weeks and the combination of fireworks in the finale of the finale is meant to form a Mickey. Who knew?
Pics with arrows? I never got that when I was watching HEA's finale.

Any talk of the two extra Pyro launch sites going into the show?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom