Guardians of the Galaxy coming to Energy Pavilion at Epcot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tayoboy

In the Parks
Yes
I have no faith that the first part of your statement is true. The part about construction is definitely a huge factor and once SW opens they will need the extra capacity in the park due to huge crowds. I don't see it happening in the next 3 to 5 years but after that...who knows. Maybe GoTG will lose favor by then.
That is very true, I'm curious to see how the next 5 years will be for the parks, I personally have my fingers crossed for a Tron coaster, where it would go, idk.

Tayoboy

In the Parks
Yes
There are few IP's that could fit well in EPCOT, some that come to mind; Incredibles; WALL-E; BH6; 20,000 Leagues. It would be great if these pavilion's weren't IP based.
I remember reading that a Incredibles ride that was suppose to utilize robotic arms was considered for I think California Adventure.

BrianLo

I have zero qualms with Big Hero 6 in Epcot. It is about the only franchise that wouldn't need to be massaged to death to make sense in a Futureworld Pavilion (whether it be health, tech, or both).

Sorry to everyone who feels otherwise, but Tron from Shanghai just doesn't fit Futureworld. Aesthetically yes, but not thematically. I think people just desperately want that bike coaster.

Pretty much the only franchises that organically make sense are a Tony Stark Expo (obviously out), Finding Dory's Marine Life institute (currently botched) and a BH6 Science/Tech/Health pavilion. Inside Out is an ok candidate for part of the Imagination pavilion. Wall-E is an ok candidate for a new concept conservation/environmentalism pavilion.

That's if the goal isn't to throw Future world out entirely.

HMF

I have zero qualms with Big Hero 6 in Epcot. It is about the only franchise that wouldn't need to be massaged to death to make sense in a Futureworld Pavilion (whether it be health, tech, or both).

Sorry to everyone who feels otherwise, but Tron from Shanghai just doesn't fit Futureworld. Aesthetically yes, but not thematically. I think people just desperately want that bike coaster.

Pretty much the only franchises that organically make sense are a Tony Stark Expo (obviously out), Finding Dory's Marine Life institute (currently botched) and a BH6 Science/Tech/Health pavilion. Inside Out is an ok candidate for part of the Imagination pavilion. Wall-E is an ok candidate for a new concept conservation/environmentalism pavilion.

If something WALL-E went into the Harvest theatre in The Land that would be fine. (Though I would prefer DisneyNature handle that.) I have other plans for the WALL-E IP in Tomorrowland. http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/the-adventures-of-wall-e.926813/

Last edited:

Haymarket2008

If something WALL-E went into the Harvest theatre in The Land that would be fine. (Though I would prefer DisneyNature handle that.) I have other plans for the WALL-E IP in Tomorrowland.

This is a STRETCH, but I could see Bug's Life in the Harvest Theatre. It could basically fill in the gaps that Lion King occupies in the Symbiosis film. That being said, I'm against my own idea haha.

Phicinfan

Where did the Big Hero 6 rumor start? Was that from a credible source? It definitely would be one of the FEW IP's I wouldn't mind in Epcot.
@marni1971 stated in this thread I believe that Big Hero 6 is one IP they are looking at for UoE. Not sure if it is still an option or not.

its also @marni1971 who is telling us that WDW is hedging on use of GotG. To the point they may not get used much at all in one scenario.

VeroniqueB

Would make so much more sense to do a GOTG overlay to Mission:space! I love the GOTG franchise, so maybe I'm biased, but at least it fit.

I can't believe there is nothing Wall-E anywhere in EPCOT. You can talk about living in space, waste & recycling, robotics, agriculture, etc. Could do something to replace the lion king movie at least.

rd805

Don't forget WALL-E! I think that more than anything fits the mold.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
@marni1971 stated in this thread I believe that Big Hero 6 is one IP they are looking at for UoE. Not sure if it is still an option or not.

its also @marni1971 who is telling us that WDW is hedging on use of GotG. To the point they may not get used much at all in one scenario.

It wasn't me. I've never mentioned BH6. Yet.

As far as I know recently it's still probably Guardians now. But delayed to 2021.

Phicinfan

GotG is not 100% I don't think but it's certainly far more than 50/50.
yeah found my mistake. Someone stated they heard the rumor, and you replied you could not confirm nor deny...

I've heard through a grapevine that this may be themed to Big Hero 6 instead. Is there any truth to that? Or just armchair imagineering?
I wouldn't rule it totally out but can't confirm it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom