• No

Votes: 81 10.2%
  • Undecided

Votes: 65 8.2%

• Total voters

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
That's a strange way to put it, but, yes, I am generally for things that please the "tourists" - the average guest, versus the enthusiast. It won't make me feel differently about it artistically, but if it indeed pleases guests more than what was there, then that is a good thing.

I'm genuinely curious what they rate it compared to Wishes, because when I put it through some litmus tests, I have a difficult time thinking that in terms of what the audience is looking for to cap their day at the MK. They want nostalgia and one last double-shot of "ah, Disney magic". I mean, even aside from the original music, I had a hard time recognizing a lot of the existing music. Aside from the clearly known stuff interspersed, a lot of it felt so random, like a little glimpse here and there of something I thought I knew. Going on the premise that I probably know more Disney music than the average guest, that is worrisome.

I think the best way to put it is to compare it to an ice cream sundae. Wishes was a triple-scoop, handmade, with real sugar, rich vanilla ice cream, on top of a soft, warm brownie, with streams of real hot fudge dripping down it, a sprinkling of those slow roasted nuts that taste like childhood, and a rich, creamy cap of real fresh whipped cream. HEE is more like a scoop and a half of vegan iced-coconut milk, served over a slightly crisp, gluten-free oatmeal cookie, sprinkled with dried couscous, dairy-free hot fudge "sauce", topped with non-dairy unsweetened "whipped topping".

An argument could certainly be made for the latter - but I honestly think that when people are on vacation, and are only having it once per year at the very end of their vacation...they want the full Monty.
So your saying that Disney should market HEA to vegans and vegetarians ??

HMF

Pretty surprised that they did not add star wars or go crazy on frozen unlike the other parks.
Why bother with Star Wars when they have a whole show dedicated to it in another park. I am also quite surprised by the fact that they held back on Frozen unless God forbid that's what's replacing IllumiNations.

stini228

Tip: follow the cast members directions. About 20 minutes before the show they will start asking people who are sitting in the hub to stand. This will create a large amount of room. They will then start asking people who are standing on Main Street to move forward. Most will attempt to ignore these directions but If you actually follow their directions they will lead you to a spot that is in the hub with a clear view of the castle. And all this with 10 to 15 minutes before Showtime.

Thanks for the tip. We are local and will come back when the newness wears off a bit. :)

flynnibus

Premium Member
Yes it does. The HEA haters need to realize they are a minority and just shut up
388x232xpeople-skills.png.pagespeed.ic.bQXCChQ77W.jpg

Dizney Crew

Saw the new show Friday night and 1 word, AMAZING!!! This show is 1000X better then Wishes. All of us were wide eyed and jaws dropped almost the entire show. I seriously have no clue on how some people are saying either 1.not enough fireworks or 2. too much going on, I found both of those claims to be false and just some people not caring for the new show and being biased towards Wishes. The soundtrack was Great IMO, upbeat and fun the entire show, great projections and plenty of fireworks. While I still think World of Color is a slightly better nighttime show over at CA. Happily Ever After is prob the best nighttime show on property at WDW. Honestly this show makes up for the disappointment that is ROL.

Communicora

Premium Member
I'm so glad it has a lot of fireworks. That was one of the aspects that really disappointed me about the DLP show. I wanted to love it and, for the most part, it left me flat. Can't wait to get down to WDW to see this!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom