Figment Survey

huwar18

I struggle with Figment. I don't have the same strong nostalgic loyalty to the character as others do.

Therefore, I would welcome an Inside Out attraction that explores human emotions since pretty much anything at this point is better than what's currently occupying that pavilion. I'm sure I'm in the minority on this one, but oh well!

In my eyes, the issues is that they can add an Inside Out attraction to another pavilion. The Wonders of Life pavilion is barely being used. I don't care if Imagination is the worst ride ever. I would not close another attraction in Epcot. Open Inside Out in Wonders of Life and then rework this attraction.

HauntedMansionFLA

In my eyes, the issues is that they can add an Inside Out attraction to another pavilion. The Wonders of Life pavilion is barely being used. I don't care if Imagination is the worst ride ever. I would not close another attraction in Epcot. Open Inside Out in Wonders of Life and then rework this attraction.
EPCOT has so much un-tapped potential. Disney could have work done on the WoL and EoE pavilions at the same time without the visiting guests even being bothered to much. Throw in the pavilion where the Frozen movie is being shown ( formerly Captain EO) and you have a pretty good update. Mission Space and Spaceship Earth are already getting their updates. Members have said the spine will get a different look.
Also, Figment just needs a proper update to do the ride justice.

Last edited:

Fable McCloud

I love Figment, and I'd do anything to get more stuff with him on it. I never even got to see him and Dream Finder at the parks, but I love the character. The Disney Kingdom's Figment comic book series is adorable and really inventive. There is certainly a place for him, and I think an animated series would benefit him greatly.

gmajew

Premium Member
I love figment but the current ride is horrible. So I am torn on what should be done with this property. I know the old is never coming back and into days time it should not but I would love to see the caliber of the old back in this pavilion.

rd805

Thing is, Inside Out fits another old Epcot attraction like a glove and one in a pavilion that's just used for nothing but Festival Space now to boot. Rebooting Wonders of Life into something new should be one of their bigger priorities in starting off this overhaul.

This should have been done SO long ago.
This is a 1-2 year project, and BOOM something new.

RSoxNo1

Why did Figment become so "feminine" in his return? Not so much in the attraction but the merchandise. It thought it was a bit demented on Walt Disney World initially.
The biggest difference for me is that Dreamfinder wasn't there to add a "dash of Childish Delight", now Figment is an annoying know it all. They were able to match his energy in Version 3.0, but not the childlike wonderment.

This goes back to the Tony Baxter mantra of Epcot taking reality and making it feel like fantasy. We were Figment going through that park, we were amazed by the different takes on the world, we had the childlike wonderment.

Now, we're guests in a disjointed theme park.

RSoxNo1

Figment is the icon of the park, the spirit of imagination. If he went away then Epcot needs to rebrand and rethink its purpose. I can't possibly imagine an Epcot without Figment; the crazy popularity of his recent comic shows how much love he gets.
They already killed off EPCOT Center, the current version of Figment is no more a part of Epcot as Ellen.

FigmentJedi

The biggest difference for me is that Dreamfinder wasn't there to add a "dash of Childish Delight", now Figment is an annoying know it all. They were able to match his energy in Version 3.0, but not the childlike wonderment.
That's more on the team deciding the current ride's story should be a Looney Tunes follow-up to what it replaced with no regard to newcomers.

People on Disney Twitter throw the words "Imagineering fanfiction" around as a pejorative to how they keep expanding SEA into a shared universe, but it's just incorrect and unfair to say that crossovers, even on a minor "Look into the details" level, are immediately fanfictiony.

What is fanfictiony is when you develop an entire story around an in-joke or an expectation that you know about the history of Disney parks. Like a Tiki Room show that's all about whether the classic Tiki Room is still relevant or a Figment ride that's about punishing Eric Idle for replacing Dreamfinder and not being "Figment's Real Daddy".

Cmdr_Crimson

What is fanfictiony is when you develop an entire story around an in-joke or an expectation that you know about the history of Disney parks. Like a Tiki Room show that's all about whether the classic Tiki Room is still relevant or a Figment ride that's about punishing Eric Idle for replacing Dreamfinder and not being "Figment's Real Daddy".

Considering how the way Figment is introduced as "One of Their Discoveries"....Honestly have you noticed the disgust on Nigel's face when Figment Pops up and how he acts to him...It's awful and hurtful to a memorable character..
4437650585_3d6bdc7897_b.jpg

TheDuke

Apparently I'm in the minority on this site, but I would have no issue with Figment/Imagination leaving in favor of a new attraction. And yes, I did the original ride as a kid. I'm not crazy about the current trend of all the rides being branded, but something Inside Out related could be really interesting and good.

MrHappy

Disney is surveying guests about figment
PHOTOS FROM THE SITE THAT SHALL NOT BE NAMED:
View attachment 203209
View attachment 203210
@Bacon can you send more screen shots of the survey, I see the ones you attached are at 97% completion. I find it odd that the first question has basically 3 negative (at varying levels) choices and 1 positive response choice. And 1-10 is also an interesting range to rate the character (too wide of a range). I do quite a bit of market research and find this odd. As someone else stated earlier in the thread, these are specifically about Figment - so it could be as simple as the survey is meant to gain learnings to gauge how their Figment marketing efforts are going (basically as the F&W mascot), with the information they can say we need to do more or less with him. Not a reflection of the ride - I don't believe these two questions alone will cause the removal of Figment from the ride....someone posted a picture of the line out the door for the Figment ride during spring break.

JohnD

Disney is surveying guests about figment
PHOTOS FROM THE SITE THAT SHALL NOT BE NAMED:
View attachment 203209
View attachment 203210

Well, gee, WDW. You gut the original attraction, replace a friendly awestruck with wonder Figment with a menace, create a ride in its third version that no one wants to ride, then conduct a survey asking if people have ever heard or liked Figment. Talk about a self-fulfilling prophesy.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom