The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Songbird76

I walked over 25,000 steps today. Stressful day with my Mom, Doc at hospital, tests. IMO unnecessary tests. Anywhooo I ate a mega big Rib-eye and baked potato for lunch. Lasagna I picked up from a lovely Italian restaurant. Stress eating.

I needed to keep walking as to stop wondering if I'd like to knock my Mom or her Doc upside the head first. Then I kept walking to burn off all I ate today.

Maybe yoga would be better than my stress eating of today. Don't think I've done this since my Dad passed last year.
Sympathy like. I'm so sorry!! Did the tests go ok?

Songbird76

Yes! OMG!

They all need to take a chill pill and remember you are an adult and most things in moderation are not a concern. Not like you go off on drunk'n binges, ever. Why does everyone need to be such control freaks. We live once, we may as well live.

Now remember I just went through a day sitting in with test results with my Mom. Doc looking longingly at my Mom receiving a Blood DNA test result: I have some good news for you and (voice change) also some bad news. :cautious: The good news is all the markers came back negative! Woot! and he explained. Still I could see her waiting for the shoe to drop next. She is 83. Come on man! So blah blah blah.

Now for the bad news, I watch my Mom trying not to melt down, 83 ya know. So the bad news is we will have to do a bone marrow biopsy. Freak'n drama. At this point I want to punch him in the mouth. Who creates that type of drama and suspense for an 83 year old woman??? Funny what happens when my own motherly instincts click in for my own Mom. Jerk. Now he has scared her enough into this test even though every test has came back clean? And we wonder why the health care is so expensive?

By the time I was done with MY questions my Mom still wanted the test cause he scared her, but him saying he anticipated this test to come back negative as well. Who sends an 83 year old women in for a bone marrow test and already believes it will come back clean???
Geez! Is the doctor getting a kickback for every test he does on poor unsuspecting patients? Did you get her talked out of doing that test?

EagleScout610

Always causin' some kind of commotion downstream
Premium Member
Well, what first day I had! My very 1st McFlurry I made blew up in my face! Literally. The lid flew off the cup and ice cream and M&Ms went everywhere! Mostly worked register, made some smoothies, swept out the Drive Thru (What happens in the drive thru stays in the drive thru), watched as my trainer dumped fries on the ground, and got a woman who asked if we still had holiday pies.:banghead: Going back Monday, pray for me!

MySmallWorldof4

I had a hard time sleeping last night. I was nervous my alarm wouldn't go off and I'd miss my shuttle to the airport and thus my flight. So I kept waking up when I did finally get some sleep. Just popping in before I head out. Hope everyone has a great day!
Have a smooth, safe, and uneventful flight. Bet your family will be thrilled to pieces when they see you.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Yes! OMG!

They all need to take a chill pill and remember you are an adult and most things in moderation are not a concern. Not like you go off on drunk'n binges, ever. Why does everyone need to be such control freaks. We live once, we may as well live.

Now remember I just went through a day sitting in with test results with my Mom. Doc looking longingly at my Mom receiving a Blood DNA test result: I have some good news for you and (voice change) also some bad news. :cautious: The good news is all the markers came back negative! Woot! and he explained. Still I could see her waiting for the shoe to drop next. She is 83. Come on man! So blah blah blah.

Now for the bad news, I watch my Mom trying not to melt down, 83 ya know. So the bad news is we will have to do a bone marrow biopsy. Freak'n drama. At this point I want to punch him in the mouth. Who creates that type of drama and suspense for an 83 year old woman??? Funny what happens when my own motherly instincts click in for my own Mom. Jerk. Now he has scared her enough into this test even though every test has came back clean? And we wonder why the health care is so expensive?

By the time I was done with MY questions my Mom still wanted the test cause he scared her, but him saying he anticipated this test to come back negative as well. Who sends an 83 year old women in for a bone marrow test and already believes it will come back clean???

Sounds like a trying day with a strange doc.

MouseDreaming

I am so surprised your district took this long. Even we switched to collegiate in 2003. BEST THING EVER.
It was beyond stupid before, Christmas/Holiday Break, go back for a week then Finals after a 2 week gap for the break. Crazy. This way when there is a Holiday Break finals are done. New Year, New Semester. For the life of me I never understood why educators thought the old way was better. Plus they always had finals worksheets to complete over the break for finals.
Oh gosh. I hated it. DS never had a real vacation. The problem is the elementary district isn't on board. So, a lot of families that depend on an older sibling to watch younger ones while mom and/or dad works, won't have any child care for at least a week. And as a side note, luckily there were no snow days this year. DD graduates May 31 from 8th grade. Summer school classes start the next day. Snow days are built into the hs calendar, but not the elementary, so any snow days get tacked on to the end of the year. I don't know how they worked it out last year, but because of snow days, summer school started 2 or 3 days before the 8th graders graduated. You only get 2 absences before you automatically fail the class, so I am not sure how they ended up working it out. Hope they get in synch again, soon.

MouseDreaming

I had a hard time sleeping last night. I was nervous my alarm wouldn't go off and I'd miss my shuttle to the airport and thus my flight. So I kept waking up when I did finally get some sleep. Just popping in before I head out. Hope everyone has a great day!
I haven't been on here in awhile and am very far behind.:oops: I thought for sure you would be home already, but it seems today is the day! I'm sure it will be great to get back to your family, and hug everyone. Safe travels!

MouseDreaming

Crisp but dry when I shot this. They say the rain is going to return.
C-8blVVXkAExql1.jpg:large
Beautiful picture. Rain...so flippin' done with rain.

Princess Leia

It's about time. Queen Elizabeth should retire too, she has had enough ruling years in. Give the thrown to Prince William.

I know Prince Charles is ahead of him but no one likes him.
My boss and I had a discussion about this a couple weeks ago. We highly doubt that Elizabeth will abdicate because a) why quit now? She's got the record for longest-reigning monarch, just keep going and make that record unbeatable, and b) the Charles dilemma. I think that enough time has passed since Princess Diana died (it's been nearly 20 years) for him to fix his reputation. I think he knows that his reign will be comparatively short when compared to his mother's (Charles is 68). If the Queen chooses to remain in power until she passes (let's say at the age of 100), Charles will take the throne at the ripe old age of 77. That's practically unheard of, but I don't think he'll pass it on to his son... yet. Charles could be king until he's 87, and then abdicate to give the crown to William, who would be in his mid-50s at the time. If Charles chooses to serve until he dies, and has his parents' genes, William won't ascend until he's in his 60s.

Due to modern healthcare, unless something tragic happens, we're going to see a lot of elderly monarchs ascending the throne.

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
My boss and I had a discussion about this a couple weeks ago. We highly doubt that Elizabeth will abdicate because a) why quit now? She's got the record for longest-reigning monarch, just keep going and make that record unbeatable, and b) the Charles dilemma. I think that enough time has passed since Princess Diana died (it's been nearly 20 years) for him to fix his reputation. I think he knows that his reign will be comparatively short when compared to his mother's (Charles is 68). If the Queen chooses to remain in power until she passes (let's say at the age of 100), Charles will take the throne at the ripe old age of 77. That's practically unheard of, but I don't think he'll pass it on to his son... yet. Charles could be king until he's 87, and then abdicate to give the crown to William, who would be in his mid-50s at the time. If Charles chooses to serve until he dies, and has his parents' genes, William won't ascend until he's in his 60s.

Due to modern healthcare, unless something tragic happens, we're going to see a lot of elderly monarchs ascending the throne.
I don't see king Charles as the issue. It's Camilla that is causing resentment in the UK

Princess Leia

I don't see king Charles as the issue. It's Camilla that is causing resentment in the UK
Is she still a force of resentment? Like, I'm sure that there is a percentage of people who dislike her, but I thought that some of that had healed recently. Though I'm sure that the 20th anniversary of Diana's death is bound to bring up more than a few negative feelings.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom