Rumor Bye Bye (Tiki) Birdies?

Tinkwings

Pfizered Fairy
Premium Member
In the Parks
No
89d0f5e0.jpg

That little blue porch is no longer there I think....but wouldn't the other covered veranda make a nice Moana meet and greet? Vs messing with our beloved Tiki Room?

Tinkwings

Pfizered Fairy
Premium Member
In the Parks
No
VerandaLayout.png

Not sure where exactly this is currently but assume its an extention beyond the Juice bar....of former Adventureland Veranda restaurant....right?

Kman101

How is Skipper Canteen doing overall? Are those in charge "happy" with it? Just wondering about the overall reception of it by guests.

Bocabear

How is Skipper Canteen doing overall? Are those in charge "happy" with it? Just wondering about the overall reception of it by guests.
on our last trip there we tried to get in for a couple different meals and they were overall sold out...so it must be doing well...those I know who have eaten there have been happy...liked the choices... So I guess good.

Bocabear

Shows the need for more dining in the MK...if they're not going to bring the shows back why not a formal sit down steakhouse in the Diamond Horseshoe space?
you know, ANYTHING decent in the Hoseshoe would be great...the crappy sandwich service set up in temprary tables and steam trays is just ridiculous... It is such a beautiful room...could be a great restaurant...(with a show). and it has been shown that people will pay... look at the popularity of Hoop De Doo after like 40 years...still going strong.

Buried20KLeague

It seems like this guy had a pretty important job at the Tropical Serenade, as soon as they got rid of him there started being issues with "the attractions popularity"

...I think maybe because the Tiki Room most unassuming building in the Magic Kingdom, people are just passing it by on the way to and from The Jungle Cruise and Pirates of the Caribbean

I think this is far worse...

The before:

TRD465044.jpg

MK-MAP_ADVENTURELAND.jpg

The after:

magic-carpets.jpg

Tinkwings

Pfizered Fairy
Premium Member
In the Parks
No
you know, ANYTHING decent in the Hoseshoe would be great...the crappy sandwich service set up in temprary tables and steam trays is just ridiculous... It is such a beautiful room...could be a great restaurant...(with a show). and it has been shown that people will pay... look at the popularity of Hoop De Doo after like 40 years...still going strong.

Agree! I was happy just to get in there to eat one year for first time and I pondered much the same....what a wonderful space. Although it can't seem to touch the vaudeville talent formerly in the venue of Wally Boag from the Golden Horseshoe, whom also opened the Diamond Horseshoe in 1971 for years....and likewise wrote and is Jose of our Tiki Room.....was chosen by Walt Disney for both roles.....which makes it even more special.:):):)

DisneyparkFreak

The capacity issues isn't with the amount of attractions, its with the amount of people. Adding more attractions will only add more people. You have to control the flow of the people that are there and then also have a hard stop at the turnstiles. Fastpass+ is overwhelmed, you can only have so many parades, street shows, and restaurants to draw people out of line.

Bairstow

The capacity issues isn't with the amount of attractions, its with the amount of people. Adding more attractions will only add more people. You have to control the flow of the people that are there and then also have a hard stop at the turnstiles. Fastpass+ is overwhelmed, you can only have so many parades, street shows, and restaurants to draw people out of line.
That's why I'm not thrilled at the prospect of another magic kingdom headliner E-ticket right now. With major construction finishing up at animal kingdom and underway at MGM, drawing more people to Epcot should be their next goal to increase parity.

DisneyparkFreak

That's why I'm not thrilled at the prospect of another magic kingdom headliner E-ticket right now. With major construction finishing up at animal kingdom and underway at MGM, drawing more people to Epcot should be their next goal to increase parity.

Exactly! I'm not completely sold on Avatar drawing crowds away from the MK long term. The demographic is different and with only one attraction that smaller kids can go on isnt enough to have an impact on attendance levels at MK. However, there will be some impact short term just on the newness and curiosity factor.

When SWL and TSL opens thats a different story. That will have a greater impact on MK crowds. If they opened the E-Ticket at the same time as SWL that would be good, but that wont happen due to marketing.

Bairstow

Exactly! I'm not completely sold on Avatar drawing crowds away from the MK long term. The demographic is different and with only one attraction that smaller kids can go on isnt enough to have an impact on attendance levels at MK. However, there will be some impact short term just on the newness and curiosity factor.

When SWL and TSL opens thats a different story. That will have a greater impact on MK crowds. If they opened the E-Ticket at the same time as SWL that would be good, but that wont happen due to marketing.

Rivers of Light is the best thing that could have happened, really. The trend for years has not just been that magic kingdom is the most popular park, but that guests at the animal kingdom with hopper tickets were switching to the magic kingdom in droves after lunch. Does anyone know if this has had any effect on MK's nighttime crowding, yet?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom