Rumor Bye Bye (Tiki) Birdies?

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Every single thing you just said applies to every hotel in the world, Disney or non, luxury or non.

And Disney can hire more cleaners. They can also (and frequently do) close rooms that aren't appropriate for guests. They can certainly afford to - Disney isn't on the razor's edge of bankruptcy, and their room rates are insane.

For what they charge, Disney should have the best people, people who "understand how deep and how complex it becomes," and they should have enough of them. Again, their room rates are outrageous.

5 years ago the Mousekeepers were assigned 10 rooms per shift. Now Mousekeepers are assigned 18 rooms per shift according to the insiders.

There have been no technological revolutions like electrostatic self cleaning carpets. (Which Walt would have installed)

So we are back to the Good Fast Cheap pick any two situation. Disney has chosen fast and cheap. As a result we have the current condition of the resort.

Along with QA managers NOT doing their jobs because they dont want to point out problems which cost money to fix as they will get dinged for that.

As long as the 'Metrics' look good you look good because the iron law of metrics is you get what you measure.

I wonder what the Tiki Room surveys look like
Hypothetical sample question
"Is Disney character interaction sufficient". Of course by Character they mean movie or big 5.

Tinkwings

Pfizered Fairy
Premium Member
In the Parks
No
OK lets be REAL about this whole slew of hotel chit chat.....much of which I have chosen to put on ignore but alas it keeps cropping up......the bottom line is WHEN you are at WDW you have many local choices.....I stay at a Disney Resort because I am at DISNEY and its more magical and less stressful and I can have more park time to stay ON site. I could care less about any other chain off site period while at WDW. SO any place I stay while NOT at WDW has nothing at all to do with my park experience, period. It is not comparing apples to apples.....NO other hotel chain gives me what I am looking for....location location location. No one else gives me a quick boat ride from the Wilderness Lodge to my favorite park in the world, The Magic Kingdom. (yes although they removed it from the entrance sign I will stubbornly refuse to call in any other...:p)

In simple language.....I want to be as close to The Enchanted Tiki Room as possible......nothing else matters. :D:p:angelic:

Tinkwings

Pfizered Fairy
Premium Member
In the Parks
No
:):):)

asianway

OK lets be REAL about this whole slew of hotel chit chat.....much of which I have chosen to put on ignore but alas it keeps cropping up......the bottom line is WHEN you are at WDW you have many local choices.....I stay at a Disney Resort because I am at DISNEY and its more magical and less stressful and I can have more park time to stay ON site. I could care less about any other chain off site period while at WDW. SO any place I stay while NOT at WDW has nothing at all to do with my park experience, period. It is not comparing apples to apples.....NO other hotel chain gives me what I am looking for....location location location. No one else gives me a quick boat ride from the Wilderness Lodge to my favorite park in the world, The Magic Kingdom. (yes although they removed it from the entrance sign I will stubbornly refuse to call in any other...:p)

In simple language.....I want to be as close to The Enchanted Tiki Room as possible......nothing else matters. :D:p:angelic:
For the record how many Disney parks in the world have you been to...

Goofyernmost

For the record how many Disney parks in the world have you been to...
I'd be curious to know what relevance that question has to their statement? It doesn't seem to have any connection at all. They merely expressed that they like staying on-site because it works for them. I have been to DLR, WDW and DLP. I still feel that off-site works best for me. It is all what we enjoy or find important after that it is no ones business. The only time I ever really get involved in that discussion is when I hear someone say that they would love to go, but cannot afford it. I then try and explain how you can still go there, enjoy the parks and the other goodies and not have to spend anywhere near that much money. It is a trade-off to a few, but, I have always found it better even after I could afford to stay on-site.

Tinkwings

Pfizered Fairy
Premium Member
In the Parks
No
Love those pics!!!....was so thrilled when it was revealed he was toast. Sure I wish they would have restored 100% but the new management outster and semi restoration makes me happy.:) We still laugh about the "accidental" fire.;)

wdrive

You have a severe pixie dust addiction, I'd seek help.

;)

Kman101

I travel for business and Hampton Inn is about the level Disney achieves, Trouble is they do Motel 6 service,

WDW at the moment does not operate a single hotel to the standard of your average Embassy Suites.

Which is freaking pathetic considering once Disney at WDW was the leader in the hospitality field.

This is true. Their hospitality has gone WAY down. I do agree on that. There are some great castmembers to find, but they aren't nearly as frequent as they used to be. Especially at the hotels and restaurants. Very very mixed bag and lately more misses than hits.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
It kind of is, and especially when the astroturf isn't that awful and isn't used that much. I like the park style new areas, but I'd prefer some large trees for, you know, shade ... that would be nice.

Its not the astroturf itself its the statement it makes. We (disney) are too cheap to invest in a proper lawn and the maintenance it requires. We dont believe that this is really a deluxe property because we are unwilling to pay for the groundskeeping a deluxe resort needs

Last edited:

asianway

I'd be curious to know what relevance that question has to their statement? It doesn't seem to have any connection at all. They merely expressed that they like staying on-site because it works for them. I have been to DLR, WDW and DLP. I still feel that off-site works best for me. It is all what we enjoy or find important after that it is no ones business. The only time I ever really get involved in that discussion is when I hear someone say that they would love to go, but cannot afford it. I then try and explain how you can still go there, enjoy the parks and the other goodies and not have to spend anywhere near that much money. It is a trade-off to a few, but, I have always found it better even after I could afford to stay on-site.
Did you read their statement? I don't think so...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom