Andrew C

You know what's funny?
But the plants are designed to be touched and handled by guests? Seems like a nightmare for upkeep and maintenance especially for WDW standards.

That's a good question. I too wonder if this can be pulled off and I hope we will find out soon.

And my previous post wasn't a shot at anyone. I just found it funny that right when people questioned the effects, video and photos came out. It's like they were reading this forum or something. Hah.

Casper Gutman

But the plants are designed to be touched and handled by guests? Seems like a nightmare for upkeep and maintenance especially for WDW standards.

That was a feature in the early PR years ago, but I kind of doubt it - for one thing, if you get guests used to fondling the scenery and yanking the plants in one area, it makes it much harder to get them not to do that in the part of the park where you don't want them "interacting" with the vegetation.

If that IS a feature of the land at opening, I bet it goes away very fast, like the train play area in Circusland.

Bairstow

That was a feature in the early PR years ago, but I kind of doubt it - for one thing, if you get guests used to fondling the scenery and yanking the plants in one area, it makes it much harder to get them not to do that in the part of the park where you don't want them "interacting" with the vegetation.

If that IS a feature of the land at opening, I bet it goes away very fast, like the train play area in Circusland.

I think I found the video.
This looks like it would be grounds-keeping's worst nightmare.

No Name

So I took a stroll to visitpandora.com and saw that they recently added a 360 degree camera view of Pandora. You know, the kind where you can drag your mouse or slide your finger to move the view around. You've probably seen them of Facebook or something before.

I expected a nice view of the land. Instead, we get what could qualify as the definition of cringeworthy. Go check it out for yourselves.

Very highly unlikely since it's very highly likely that it's one person per banshee. The whole queue is a single-rider line.

The whole line isn't really a single-rider line, because regardless of any banshee story, the simulator works in rows. You'll still be sitting next to those in your party,

Say, for instance, there are 10 "seats" in one simulator row. The row is filled with a party of 6 and a party of 3, and uh-oh! There's one seat left over, and the next single rider is stuck too far back in line. That seat will now go unoccupied. A true waste!

A single-rider line would've prevented that seat from going to waste, and as a result, made the standby line a bit shorter.

Last edited:

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
The whole line isn't really a single-rider line, because regardless of any banshee story, the simulator works in rows. You'll still be sitting next to those in your party,

Say, for instance, there are 10 "seats" in one simulator row. The row is filled with a party of 6 and a party of 3, and uh-oh! There's one seat left over, and the next single rider is stuck too far back in line. That seat will now go unoccupied. A true waste!

A single-rider line would've prevented that seat from going to waste, and as a result, made the standby line a bit shorter.

Well, that similar to Soarin' and they don't have a single rider line for that. I've seen them call down the line for a single person and sometimes a group of two, and if they get no takers... empty seats.

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
I expected a nice view of the land. Instead, we get what could qualify as the definition of cringeworthy. Go check it out for yourselves.
What in tarnation did I just look at? It took several minutes to load and when it finally did it was just a drawing of forest on Pandora??? What a joke. Im sure somebody will defend it as the most innovative and immersive experience Disney has ever created though.

No Name

Well, that similar to Soarin' and they don't have a single rider line for that. I've seen them call down the line for a single person and sometimes a group of two, and if they get no takers... empty seats.

Yeah, most rides just take the loss. I don't think that's a good thing, because an empty seat is a person who didn't get to ride, especially on peak crowd days.
But because Soarin' and other simulators don't have a single-rider line, I would not be surprised if FoP didn't either.

16 per row AND a single rider line.

Fact or just a guess?

What in tarnation did I just look at? It took several minutes to load and when it finally did it was just a drawing of forest on Pandora??? What a joke. Im sure somebody will defend it as the most innovative and immersive experience Disney has ever created though.

That was my exact thought. The real kicker is that they have most, if not all, of the actual land finished and ready! They could've done a very impressive 360-degree view of the land.

That would've wowed people. This cheesy computer-generated thing does the opposite.

Last edited:

UpDog71

Yeah, most rides just take the loss. I don't think that's a good thing, because an empty seat is a person who didn't get to ride, especially on peak crowd days.
But because Soarin' and other simulators don't have a single-rider line, I would not be surprised is FoP didn't either.

Fact or just a guess?

That was my exact thought. The real kicker is that they have most, if not all, of the actual land finished and ready! They could've done a very impressive 360-degree view of the land.

That would've wowed people. This cheesy computer-generated thing does the opposite.

Fact.

twebber55

ive got 48 total seats for each theater
does that sound right?
i too think the 360 camera is bad but i dont think anyone is defending it or disney

also, costumes Monday, desserts Tuesday with a pic of the bioluminescence
seems like more info is coming out leading up to CM previews next week (hard to believe)

danlb_2000

Premium Member
ive got 48 total seats for each theater
does that sound right?
i too think the 360 camera is bad but i dont think anyone is defending it or disney

also, costumes Monday, desserts Tuesday with a pic of the bioluminescence
seems like more info is coming out leading up to CM previews next week (hard to believe)

Yes, 8 seats per section, 6 sections per theater.

upload_2017-4-26_10-8-49.png

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom