News Big changes coming to EPCOT's Future World?

jhendrix

There's several names been mentioned (and plenty of proposals) for the central buildings.

What number of those proposals include 1) using the existing structures for rides, 2) using the existing structures for shops/restaurants, 3) using the existing structures for future related demonstrations, and 4) tearing down and rebuilding new attractions in their place?

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
What number of those proposals include 1) using the existing structures for rides, 2) using the existing structures for shops/restaurants, 3) using the existing structures for future related demonstrations, and 4) tearing down and rebuilding new attractions in their place?
2 3 and 4 all have proposals. Option 4 not including any attractions.

Ralphlaw

The original Seacabs took guests through tunnels. Nemo blacked them out on one side.
One way to solve this is demand pricing for park hoppers. Add an Any Park-to-MK hop-to surcharge and give a MK-to-DHS hop-to credit.

Good idea, but actually sounds a bit confusing. I agree that it would work for Disney pros like us, but for most people it's a mid-level option that might be too much to handle. Plus, is there a big price difference between non-park hopping and regular park-hopping (without the water parks)? Would the price difference be enough to keep track of which park hopping you're doing that day? It is also not unusual for us to hit 3 parks in one day. Once, we even hit all 4.

Another problem would be people like me who probably want to go to Epcot everyday and then hit another park in addition. My kids are older, and Magic Kingdom is not an everyday stop for us, but Epcot usually is for dining at least. We also usually stay at the Boardwalk, so going to Epcot every day is a no-brainer for us. Would we have that flexibility, and how confusing would that be. It's kind of like restaurant menus--too many choices may not necessarily lead to more happiness, just second-guessing and/or confusion.

Yeah, having a favored every day park plus one more per day might make big sense, but the multiple levels of this could lead to confusion when ordering and confusion when actually there. A couple years ago, my wife somehow miscounted, so we had no park hopper the last day we were there. Oddly, we were able to fastpass Test Track, but we could not get into the park because we had already burned through the maximum 10 days of park hopping. Luckily, we calmly dealt with it and explored the resorts instead, but for some families that kind of screw-up could ruin a vacation.

Kamikaze

If he is/was, I really hope that Disney would have taken him out of the film when they removed his bust and other references to him on property.

Then again, they probably would have removed Tiger and Lance too at that time.

Tiger isn't quite the same thing. Cheating on his wife isn't on the level of Lance cheating or what Cosby did. Plus, regardless of Tiger's inability to play now, he is still a legendary golfer. (And I don't even like the guy).

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Wouldn't that harken back to Walt's E.P.C.O.T. though? Just a thought. Not trolling you.
Good thought but E.P.C.O.T. died in 1966. Elements were of course resurrected in 1971 but to impose any residential or lodging idea like that on the EPCOT Center that was built - or indeed Epcot of today - would be a grave mistake imho.

Last edited:

Kamikaze

Well, of course there was. Probably plans already done from the 60's, since that was Walt's original idea. Nothing ever totally dies at Disney. :D

Right but thats different than an actual proposal that they are looking at. And unfortuantely, some of the good ideas at Disney do indeed seem to die. See: Geyser Mountain

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
Right but thats different than an actual proposal that they are looking at. And unfortuantely, some of the good ideas at Disney do indeed seem to die. See: Geyser Mountain
You never know. Geyser Mountain might show up in 10-15 years. I seriously doubt that there was a high rise hotel in any current proposal, as that would be a huge eyesore anywhere near SSE.

Kamikaze

You never know. Geyser Mountain might show up in 10-15 years. I seriously doubt that there was a high rise hotel in any current proposal, as that would be a huge eyesore anywhere near SSE.

Wouldn't have to be near SSE, though. Could replace Millennium Village or something. The back of the park is pretty safe since they will obviously be promoting Illuminations/Illuminations Replacement viewing from the top of the CBR DVC, so nothing is going to go there unless its low to the ground.

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
Wouldn't have to be near SSE, though. Could replace Millennium Village or something. The back of the park is pretty safe since they will obviously be promoting Illuminations/Illuminations Replacement viewing from the top of the CBR DVC, so nothing is going to go there unless its low to the ground.
Hmm, thought this part of the conversation was about the spine and Communicore updates - not WS. Hence, my comment.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom