Replacement for Tomorrowland Speedway?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jhendrix

Fire Mountain? A hybrid flying roller coaster that shape shifts from above track to below track, escaping from a massive Oceana fire mountain?

Nah, that doesn't fit Moana at all.

giphy.gif

Mark Dunne

There's FAILING Jim Hill again WITH HIS FALLING RATINGS and his FAKE NEWS. Sad!

No Tron, no how. We have the BEST people working on Tomorrowland. Just terrific. You are going to love Tomorrowland in 2021. Believe me.

In all honesty, they considered it and said no.

2021 ,what's going down in 2021,not the tiki birds in space I hope.

Mark Dunne

Please!!
I don't know which I associate more with Tomorrowland: The smell of the gas from those cars or the smell from the smoking section on the WedWay right before SM? Either way, I hate both!

Yeah your right,and the noise is so annoying,it doesn't suit tommorowland at all now,never did in my opinion,this is what Disney annoy me with,they build great new franchise parks and forget the older changes that do need rpl.just my opinion

ToTBellHop

We all have to get over this at some point. They won't move Star Tours into SWE, when you have basically the same but better ride with Falcon. This is going to get repurposed into some other IP, can we possibly just move on?
Maybe once it is actually confirmed, not a several-years-away plan.

There was a time not that long ago when they indeed planned to turn our ToT into Guardians Tower. Should we have let that go?

Phicinfan

Maybe once it is actually confirmed, not a several-years-away plan.

There was a time not that long ago when they indeed planned to turn our ToT into Guardians Tower. Should we have let that go?
First this is apples and oranges.
Second, they won't move an entire building to SWE. Not going to happen. Just like CoP isn't going to Epcot, nor is IASW, nor is Laugh Floor building moving. COULD it happen, maybe very slimly, but the cost is prohibitive. That shuts it down that quickly.

I for one am looking forward to some other IP in Star Tours, because Falcon will be that much better for Star wars anyway.

HauntedMansionFLA

Second, they won't move an entire building to SWE. Not going to happen. Just like CoP isn't going to Epcot, nor is IASW, nor is Laugh Floor building moving. COULD it happen, maybe very slimly, but the cost is prohibitive. That shuts it down that quickly.

I for one am looking forward to some other IP in Star Tours, because Falcon will be that much better for Star wars anyway.
Curious - what's closer to Star Tours? Muppets or Indiana Jones Stunt Show? Couldthat have some impact of what goes into ST? @MansionButler84 @Magic Feather @danlb_2000 @MisterPenguin @doctornick

You could get a mini land out of the deal?

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Curious - what's closer to Star Tours? Muppets or Indiana Jones Stunt Show? Couldthat have some impact of what goes into ST? @MansionButler84 @Magic Feather @danlb_2000 @MisterPenguin @doctornick

Star Tours is right next to muppets, but it's entrance is oriented towards Indy. If something new went into Indy I would bet it would also take over Backlot in the same theme, so Star Tours could round out the area. All of this is of course speculation.

P.S. I didn't bother to read back and see how we got from Tomorrow land Speedway to this.

upload_2017-4-23_19-36-4.png

Magic Feather

Star Tours is right next to muppets, but it's entrance is oriented towards Indy. If something new went into Indy I would bet it would also take over Backlot in the same theme, so Star Tours could round out the area. All of this is of course speculation.

P.S. I didn't bother to read back and see how we got from Tomorrow land Speedway to this.

View attachment 201033
To add on, with the new orientation of MC, it would be very hard, if not impossible, to link it to MC without a serious rebuild of the courtyard, Showbuilding, or both.

ToTBellHop

For me, it is not apples to oranges. At its root, you have a member asking other members to ignore their opinions and "move on." It is a discussion board. No one should have their opinions trampled on. Hell, I actually don't care that ST will stop being ST. We are getting a better product. What I don't care for in our society is implicit forced censorship. It's insidious and increasingly engrained in our post-truth society.

And I realize I'm making a big deal out of something small and largely inconsequential. What else shall I just move on from due to decisions made by the decision-makers? Dyson Airblades in the new restrooms?! Hell no!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom