Rumor Bye Bye (Tiki) Birdies?

Tk0021

This is one of the things I remember from my first trip when I was 5 in 1983. We saw the show twice with my kiddos in June and they loved it until they noticed the Tiki masks singing and they got scared, but they were singing the Tiki room song the whole trip. I hope it lasts till September when we go this year.

castlecake2.0

After watching the documentary on the amount of research and care to culture that went into making Moana I can't see them keeping singing birds if this were to become a meet and greet with this character.

Haymarket2008

Something that occurred to me: What if it is a Moana "meet and greet", but more of an "Enchanted Tales with Belle" deal where it's a show with a live CM supplemented by the Tiki Room's animatronic ensemble? Like "The Enchanted Tiki Room Presents the Adventures of Moana" or some crap like that?

I could see them doing this. But Enchanted Tales with Belle is.......pretty awful. I'd hope they wouldn't go that route.

FigmentJedi

I could see them doing this. But Enchanted Tales with Belle is.......pretty awful. I'd hope they wouldn't go that route.
Because the main show is like one animatronic and some cardboard cut outs.
This hypothetical would be vastly superior because you would have the whole room to work with in presumably performing songs from the film to accompany the storytelling. If there was some child audience participation props, could probably be something like those tapa pictures that Grandma uses in her storytelling in the prologue instead of clipart on sticks. Really, it'd probably be more like that unused Beauty and the Beast animatronic show concept for Paris that had a live Belle then anything else.

Haymarket2008

This hypothetical would be vastly superior because you would have the whole room to work with in presumably performing songs from the film to accompany the storytelling. If there was some child audience participation props, could probably be something like those tapa pictures that Grandma uses in her storytelling in the prologue instead of clipart on sticks. Really, it'd probably be more like that unused Beauty and the Beast animatronic show concept for Paris that had a live Belle then anything else.

And those coconut guys popping up with the original Hawaiian War Chant music lol

Beacon Joe

The treehouse is amazing. And is a perfect example of a attraction that is simple, immersive and cheap and it always gives me an excuse to watch the movie with my kids after a trip

It's sort of silly looking back at it, but Swiss Family Robinson (the Disneyland attraction and the film) were huge influences on me and my childhood love of bushcraft.

As for Disneyland's Enchanted Tiki Room, we used to make fun of it as kids (we were from Hawaii and loved to laugh at touristy stuff), but we also never went to DL or DW without watching it once or twice. In some way, the attraction may have had an influence on my adult-years love of listening to Martin Denny and slinging down mai tais.

Donaldfan1934

Right now, COP appears to be safe and actually will see some work. I think Disney is much more concerned with reaction from removing it versus the Birds.
As a fan of old school attractions Walt era, it's great to hear that CoP is not on the chopping block along with the Tiki Room, but it's very surprising nonetheless. I have trouble believing Disney would be worried to close anything considering how apathetic they've been towards these type of concerns. If they ingnore complaints about closing an E-Ticket attraction like ToT at DCA, then why would they care about something like that happening to a relatively smaller extent with CoP?

Last edited:

Bocabear

It is still a horrible idea... PLease! we are already over saturated with meet and greet crap. Let's get some NEW attractions.. and no more overlays...the parks need additions...not just reworking older rides and not adding to the attraction count...

Mike S

As a old school attractions Walt era, it's great to hear that CoP is not on the chopping block along with the Tiki Room, but it's very surprising nonetheless. I have trouble believing Disney would be worried to close anything considering how apathetic they've been towards these type of concerns. If they ingnore complaints about closing an E-Ticket attraction like ToT at DCA, then why would they care about something like that happening to a relatively smaller extent with CoP?
Disney is just as ignorant and arrogant as the CEO guy in Avatar.

"You throw a stick in the air around here it falls on some sacred fern, for Christ's sake!"

truecoat

Spirit those times with your grandmother are the quintessential Disney experience and WHY maintaining older classic Disney attractions is essential. Those precious moments are what keep us coming BACK to Disney.

Another example DW and DMIL are huge disney fans DFIL was to busy working to go on vacations when DW was a kid,

She got her first dumbo ride with DFIL at 30 and im still not sure who enjoyed it more DW DMIL or DFIL Now that DFIL retired he visits Disney a LOT

Its THIS kind of experience disney is messing with and without it what IS Disney other than a dogs breakfast of mismatched IP

I can get that at Cedar Fair/Six Flags for a lot less money

Japan knows how to market their parks.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom