Rumor Bye Bye (Tiki) Birdies?

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
While I hate to see it go, I've never watched the show with more than 20-30 people.

But keep Stitch out - he doesn't belong in that Land.

I think they should just expand Aloha Isle into the space - they could use some more counter space and seating so you can eat your Dole Whip in the shade.

Phil12

While I hate to see it go, I've never watched the show with more than 20-30 people.

But keep Stitch out - he doesn't belong in that Land.

I think they should just expand Aloha Isle into the space - they could use some more counter space and seating so you can eat your Dole Whip in the shade.
I beg to differ. Stitch is the epitome of adventure.
upload_2017-4-22_13-44-21.jpeg

GoofGoof

Premium Member
I was thinking - how often in WDW history has a replacement surpassed the attraction it replaced? Dreamflight to Buzz, Lion King to Philharmagic, Tarzan to Nemo - any others?
Do you count Avatar Land replacing Camp Minnie and Mickey? That was really a temporary area and expansion pad being replaced. Another recent one would be FLE replacing Mickey's Toon Town and the abandoned 20,000 Leagues ride at MK. It's not a one for one replacement though I think Mine Train is actually an upgrade over the original 20,000 Leagues as a one for one replacement. I'm sure many people will disagree with that.

There's not really many good examples. Then again, there aren't a whole lot of major attractions co pletely replaced overall. Some people probably do prefer Test Track to World of Motion or Pooh over Mr Toad or maybe Frozestrom over Malestrom.

jt04

I was thinking - how often in WDW history has a replacement surpassed the attraction it replaced? Dreamflight to Buzz, Lion King to Philharmagic, Tarzan to Nemo - any others?

Mission:Space improved over Horizons. Test Track over WoM. Alien Encounter over Moon/Mars. Closed theater over Captain EO. New Lion King over Old Lion King. Disney Springs over Pleasure Island. Circusland over Birthdayland. Mermaid/Beast/Snow White over 20K.

In my opinion.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Mission:Space improved over Horizons. Test Track over WoM. Alien Encounter over Moon/Mars. Closed theater over Captain EO. New Lion King over Old Lion King. Disney Springs over Pleasure Island. Circusland over Birthdayland. Mermaid/Beast/Snow White over 20K.

In my opinion.

TSMM over Millionaire. Frozen Sing-along over American Idol. Star Wars Stage Shows over a big hat. Empty guest area over Jack Sparrow.

Haymarket2008

Haven't read the whole thread but it's a shame they couldn't move the birds to O'Hana.

I know it'll never happen in a million years but it would be cool to have that going on overhead while feasting on that yummy food.

For me the Tiki Birds are just short of being on the untouchable list but I would be sad to see them go away completely.

I thought the same thing. That could make a great dining experience. Reopen Tangaroa Terrace, install the birds over there and have at it.

Casper Gutman

In my opinion.

Man, I know you like to keep a positive outlook, JT, but other then Circusland (which didn't really add any rides) and possibly NFL... nope nope nope nope nope.

M:S and TT? I mean... every opinion is valid but... wow. The originals in those space were masterpieces of ride construction, full of witty AAs and the hope and optimism associated with Disney and the World Fairs.

And Pleasure Island was a unique entertainment venue with at least one attraction (AC) unlike anything in the world, and it was replaced by a lifestyle center that can be found in any major American city.

Casper Gutman

Food Rocks to Soarin', Camp Minnie Mickey to Avatar, Jungle Book Alive with Magic to RoL.

I don't think we can count JBA to RoL since the former only existed because RoL wasn't ready - it was a placeholder.

Food Rocks to Soarin' yes, Kitchen Kabaret to Soarin' no.

In both cases, it's Disney correcting massive missteps.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Man, I know you like to keep a positive outlook, JT, but other then Circusland (which didn't really add any rides) and possibly NFL... nope nope nope nope nope.

M:S and TT? I mean... every opinion is valid but... wow. The originals in those space were masterpieces of ride construction, full of witty AAs and the hope and optimism associated with Disney and the World Fairs.

And Pleasure Island was a unique entertainment venue with at least one attraction (AC) unlike anything in the world, and it was replaced by a lifestyle center that can be found in any major American city.
I agree completely on PI. For those who never experienced it in its prime when it was still behind closed gates with New Years Eve every night its hard to understand what was lost. It truly was a unique experience. Disney Springs is nice and an upgrade over DTD post PI closing (especially for shopping and fine food) but it cannot compare to PI from an entertainment perspective.

For TT I can see an argument being made. At the time it opened it was cutting edge ride technology. It was a pretty big deal back then. Losing World of Motion was unfortunate, but I think many people forgive it more since the replacement was pretty good and there were still several similar ride experiences at EPCOT at the time. M:S much harder to argue.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom