• At the end of your stay

Votes: 36 24.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
I am assuming that you are just trying to be funny with a post like this? You don't leave a tip and really, that is fine. You are entitled to that and more. Who am I to judge. Obviously the food wasn't there because it was thrown away. But could you please leave the language/race thing out of it? Even if you are just trying to be funny, on-line where is is hard to read intent, it comes off as racist and uncalled for.
Without scrolling through the whole thread i don't believe he said he didn't tip. Perhaps you are confusing him for another member with a similar avatar who seems to boast about that fact.

KrzyKtty

Without scrolling through the whole thread i don't believe he said he didn't tip. Perhaps you are confusing him for another member with a similar avatar who seems to boast about that fact.
He has said a few times through out the history of the thread that he doesn't tip because mousekeeping is baked into the price of the room. That is his own choice; I may not agree with it in terms of etiquette, but it is really none of my business.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
He has said a few times through out the history of the thread that he doesn't tip because mousekeeping is baked into the price of the room. That is his own choice; I may not agree with it in terms of etiquette, but it is really none of my business.

Reading is hard. Jokes are harder. Sarcasm is hardest.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
I am assuming that you are just trying to be funny with a post like this? You don't leave a tip and really, that is fine. You are entitled to that and more. Who am I to judge. Obviously the food wasn't there because it was thrown away. But could you please leave the language/race thing out of it? Even if you are just trying to be funny, on-line where is is hard to read intent, it comes off as racist and uncalled for.
You think it got thrown away? But then you say they don't make enough money. If they are so poor, why would they throw away my gifts?

G00fyDad

tumblr_m4fz43qaEC1rwv6h5o1_250.jpg

KrzyKtty

You think it got thrown away? But then you say they don't make enough money. If they are so poor, why would they throw away my gifts?
I am not going to roped into a back and forth. I can read, get jokes, and sarcasm just fine; however, on-line is is harder to determine when someone is being a jerk, and when they are just playing around. Which was why I stated that I assumed you were trying to be funny. I was just pointing out that the language comment was pushing the line a bit and could be offensive.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
I am not going to roped into a back and forth. I can read, get jokes, and sarcasm just fine; however, on-line is is harder to determine when someone is being a jerk, and when they are just playing around. Which was why I stated that I assumed you were trying to be funny. I was just pointing out that the language comment was pushing the line a bit and could be offensive.
I actually am not so sure you can read, or get jokes. You have obviously read the entire thread. Could you do me a favor and quote my posts where I said I didn't tip? Maybe I am sleep posting, and dunno what the heck is going on.

KrzyKtty

I am in the category of Mousekeeping is part of the room price. People may be against me, but everyone now wants a tip for doing what they are paid to do. They expect me to pay even more for a room that is already extremely bloated. If Mousekeeping was an option, they would list that separately from the room rate as an addon. We do not make a mess in our room and making a bed that I am simply going to mess up again is not worth more than I have already paid.
I am sorry if I mis-spoke regarding the tipping. It was this original post, along with some comments in others, that seemed to heavily imply you didn't tip in regards to mousekeeping. Which either way isn't my problem. Once again, I apologize if I read it wrong and mis-spoke, but the implication was there.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
I am sorry if I mis-spoke regarding the tipping. It was this original post, along with some comments in others, that seemed to heavily imply you didn't tip in regards to mousekeeping. Which either way isn't my problem. Once again, I apologize if I read it wrong and mis-spoke, but the implication was there.
That's not me....

KrzyKtty

You are right and I am sorry for the confusion. Your avatar pictures are very similar and I was getting the two confused. :banghead:

21stamps

You are right and I am sorry for the confusion. Your avatar pictures are very similar and I was getting the two confused. :banghead:
I keep getting you confused with another poster who has the same avatar as well. It's easy to do. :)

Xdan can be...um...spirited....but in this instance he's actually being calm.lol.

I think there was only 2 people in this thread who said they don't tip.. maybe they were absent during etiquette class in school..
I'm hoping ignorance is a better excuse than just downright meanness.

flynnibus

Premium Member
Poll needs a "Housekeeping doesn't get tips"

Answering the poll is kind of throwing it to the wind unless you can get honest answers from Disney on
- if they pool tips
- housekeeper rotation

harryk

Have you notice that no matter if you hang the towels back up or not, you still get new ones??? Disney was one of the first companies to ask guests to reuse towels to help the environment. But recently, the last couple of years, that hasn't been the case. The last time we stayed at the GF, we got new/clean towels everyday even though we hung our towels up nicely. Has Disney changed their environment approach on towels and saving water??????
For what you pay for a room at the Grand Flo you should get new towels daily!! The Grand Flo provides more than excellent service to their guests.

DisAl

[
In 2015 we stayed at the Poly for 21 nights. For the first week we left a tip every single day but we were getting increasingly dissatisified with the service. They were having renovations done and there was a thin layer of dust over EVERYTHING. Coffee machine, pictures on the wall, TV, drawer units. My son has asthma so we politely asked at reception to have the room 'deep cleaned'. It never happened. We asked maybe, 3 or 4 times. At one point a manager came over to the room and agreed it was not acceptable. Even after the stay was over the dust was still there. Should we have dusted it down ourselves? I'm not sure. The whole room was pretty dirty.

Anyway, we had a brilliant stay but after 10 days I stopped leaving a tip. Is that acceptable? I felt i'd paid more that enough to stay there and expected top notch service.[/QUOTE]

I tip for GOOD service, and if it is not good I don't. I think it is perfectly acceptable to not tip for poor service. In my mind a tip is appreciation for a job well done, not a mandatory supplement.

drwadadli

For what you pay for a room at the Grand Flo you should get new towels daily!! The Grand Flo provides more than excellent service to their guests.
It is was all about the cost, then DVC villas should have clean towels on a daily basis too since it cost $10,000 + to buy enough points to stay for a week.

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
It is was all about the cost, then DVC villas should have clean towels on a daily basis too since it cost $10,000 + to buy enough points to stay for a week.
Umm, the buy-in cost has nothing to do with mousekeeping. That all comes out of a person's dues. If Disney went to a system of daily mousekeeping, peoples dues would go up accordingly, and I for one, prefer the current system. I don't want someone in our room every day.

drwadadli

Umm, the buy-in cost has nothing to do with mousekeeping. That all comes out of a person's dues. If Disney went to a system of daily mousekeeping, peoples dues would go up accordingly, and I for one, prefer the current system. I don't want someone in our room every day.
I was trying to show that overall cost has nothing to do with daily clean towels or not. Plus, DVC has some of the highest maintenance fees (or "dues" as you called them) in the industry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom