• At the end of your stay

Votes: 36 24.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

BuddyThomas

I don't follow. There is nothing negative here
Let me break it down for you - Your posts are in bold:

I hate leaving tips and known for being cheap on that end. - Congratulations. That's really the most amazing thing to brag about on a public internet forum. "I am known for being cheap." Of course, it is a wonderful thing that you are posting under a pseudonym, because no one will know to spit in your food.

In terms of hotels/Disney I never tip. - Hmmm. You sound nice.

Again, congratulations. You have come to a public forum to brag about how you refuse to tip. If there is one place in the world you should tip, it is Disney. The employees there go above and beyond to make your vacation better for you. Your statement here is truly unreal.

I figure the price of the room includes a tip because i never hear anything about leaving a tip at check in. - Hmmmm. I'm just gonna leave this here: http://time.com/3399027/you-need-to-tip-the-housekeeper-hotel/

My mom used to tip mouse keeping in the 90s
- She sounds awesome. I love her.

but they were superb back then. The ones today barely speak (no pun intended). - Ohhh. You went there. Okay. So - "Deja de decir cosas estúpidas."

I have a mindset that I can clean my own room. - Do it. Put your "do not disturb sign" on and be done with it. You can tip yourself, or not at all.

Same with restaurants, I refuse to leave more than $4 for someone who only brought took my order. Excuse you. You clearly know nothing about how waiting on tables at buffets works. The wait staff is a team. Tips are often shared. Please work as a buffet waiter for two weeks and then come back and post again. All you do is run around like a lunatic all night. It is worse than being a waiter in a regular restaurant. Bring me this. Bring me that. Bus this plate. Bus that plate. Fill this glass. Fill this other glass. Oh now I'm ready for plates to be bussed again. Fill this glass. Oh, my baby just crapped all over the table. Please help! I ate too much - can you bring me some need some seltzer? Anyway, it is all this and more. And people who want to pay four dollars for this crap are despicable.

I will say, Ohana servers usually get $10 or more from me as they are amazing.
- If they are amazing, tip 18% to 20%. Your ten dollar bill is crap if they have spent all night long catering to your every whim. If you ever actually leave a ten buck tip, I hope you leave fast so you don't hear the staff making fun of you as you walk out the door.

Last edited:

disney4life2008

Let me break it down for you - Your posts are in bold:

I hate leaving tips and known for being cheap on that end. - Congratulations. That's really the most amazing thing to brag about on a public internet forum. "I am known for being cheap." Of course, it is a wonderful thing that you are posting under a pseudonym, because no one will know to spit in your food.

In terms of hotels/Disney I never tip. - Hmmm. You sound nice.

Again, congratulations. You have come to a public forum to brag about how you refuse to tip. If there is one place in the world you should tip, it is Disney. The employees there go above and beyond to make your vacation better for you. Your statement here is truly unreal.

I figure the price of the room includes a tip because i never hear anything about leaving a tip at check in. - Hmmmm. I'm just gonna leave this here: http://time.com/3399027/you-need-to-tip-the-housekeeper-hotel/

My mom used to tip mouse keeping in the 90s
- She sounds awesome. I love her.

but they were superb back then. The ones today barely speak (no pun intended). - Ohhh. You went there. Okay. So - "Deja de decir cosas estúpidas."

I have a mindset that I can clean my own room. - Do it. Put your "do not disturb sign" on and be done with it. You can tip yourself, or not at all.

Same with restaurants, I refuse to leave more than $4 for someone who only brought took my order. Excuse you. You clearly know nothing about how waiting on tables at buffets works. The wait staff is a team. Tips are often shared. Please work as a buffet waiter for two weeks and then come back and post again. All you do is run around like a lunatic all night. It is worse than being a waiter in a regular restaurant. Bring me this. Bring me that. Bus this plate. Bus that plate. Fill this glass. Fill this other glass. Oh now I'm ready for plates to be bussed again. Fill this glass. Oh, my baby just crapped all over the table. Please help! I ate too much - can you bring me some need some seltzer? Anyway, it is all this and more. And people who want to pay four dollars for this crap are despicable.

I will say, Ohana servers usually get $10 or more from me as they are amazing.
- If they are amazing, tip 18% to 20%. Your ten dollar bill is crap if they have spent all night long catering to your every whim. If you ever actually leave a ten buck tip, I hope you leave fast so you don't hear the staff making fun of you as you walk out the door.

Lol nice try.

First off, it is my choice to leave a tip or not. And i will gladly leave a tip if the service is amazing.

I do not leave tips in hotels because i refuse to, period. Do i care what you think? Absolutely not. Most maid service has been questionable at best. If someone exceeds, then I will let the front desk staff know or I will contact guest services.

Disney? You do realize any hotel you visit the staff is to go above and beyond. And if you really want to go there. I have found the service at super 8 and holiday Inn Express to be about 3 steps ahead of Disney. In the 90s,mouse keeping did in fact go above and beyond, that is not true in present day. I usually stay at sports at least twice a year and i have never walked away saying this was the best service.

You may want to check yourself as well. Disney has recognized their fault in housekeeping and looking to outsourcing.

Actually, i do leave the do not disturb sign. There are some days that i do not want to be bothered. If its not there, then I expect my room to be cleaned as I have paid the fee for the night. Nice try attaching an article, next time post a peer reviewed article from a journal to support your claim. Unless something changes where it is known tipping is required to maids then I will. But from my recollection that is not the case at Disney.

Wait until they start charging resort fees. You want to pay the price of the room, plus a resort fde,and and tip. Lol gtDisneyohh lol. You really are crazy.

In restaurants, i am not too concerned. Regardless if you leave a tip you are at risk for getting sick if food is not prepared properly. I encourage you to visit some kitchens including Disney before making that observation. Even in the most expensive restaurants, i have seen disgust right in front of my eyes.

Ummm ohana I am usually dining alone. So for a meal that is $42 tell me what 20% of that is? Exactly.

Do not come for me unless I come for you. You will never win against me.

BuddyThomas

Lol nice try.

First off, it is my choice to leave a tip or not. And i will gladly leave a tip if the service is amazing.

I do not leave tips in hotels because i refuse to, period. Do i care what you think? Absolutely not. Most maid service has been questionable at best. If someone exceeds, then I will let the front desk staff know or I will contact guest services.

Disney? You do realize any hotel you visit the staff is to go above and beyond. And if you really want to go there. I have found the service at super 8 and holiday Inn Express to be about 3 steps ahead of Disney. In the 90s,mouse keeping did in fact go above and beyond, that is not true in present day. I usually stay at sports at least twice a year and i have never walked away saying this was the best service.

You may want to check yourself as well. Disney has recognized their fault in housekeeping and looking to outsourcing.

Actually, i do leave the do not disturb sign. There are some days that i do not want to be bothered. If its not there, then I expect my room to be cleaned as I have paid the fee for the night. Nice try attaching an article, next time post a peer reviewed article from a journal to support your claim. Unless something changes where it is known tipping is required to maids then I will. But from my recollection that is not the case at Disney.

Wait until they start charging resort fees. You want to pay the price of the room, plus a resort fde,and and tip. Lol gtDisneyohh lol. You really are crazy.

In restaurants, i am not too concerned. Regardless if you leave a tip you are at risk for getting sick if food is not prepared properly. I encourage you to visit some kitchens including Disney before making that observation. Even in the most expensive restaurants, i have seen disgust right in front of my eyes.

Ummm ohana I am usually dining alone. So for a meal that is $42 tell me what 20% of that is? Exactly.

Do not come for me unless I come for you. You will never win against me.
Do not come for me unless I come for you. You will never win against me. - LOL. Poor baby. It is so easy to "win against you" (whatever that means), because all you talk is complete nonsense. I don't actually have to say anything else because you have made your own self look so ridiculous that there is nothing that makes you look more foolish except for your own words.

disney4life2008

Do not come for me unless I come for you. You will never win against me. - LOL. Poor baby. It is so easy to "win against you" (whatever that means), because all you talk is complete nonsense. I don't actually have to say anything else because you have made your own self look so ridiculous that there is nothing that makes you look more foolish except for your own words.

Lol. Its pathetic that you do not even know what that means.

What is even more embarrassing for you is that you can't even calculate 20 percent of $42 lol.

No worries. I am going to Ohana next weekend. Where will you be? Lol

disney4life2008

You are completely ridiculous, and I feel sorry for whoever (whomever???) waits on you.

Lol yet you still can't calculate 20% of $42. I will tell you seeing that you are a little slow tonight. $8.40 and i am leaving more than the suggested. Ohana is my favorite restaurant and I tip beautifully. You can search me, i posted regarding my experience there in January. It was amazing.

Maybe you should consider getting a tip calculator. It can help you not look so miscalculated lol

BuddyThomas

Lol yet you still can't calculate 20% of $42. I will tell you seeing that you are a little slow tonight. $8.40 and i am leaving more than the suggested. Ohana is my favorite restaurant and I tip beautifully. You can search me, i posted regarding my experience there in January. It was amazing.

Maybe you should consider getting a tip calculator. It can help you not look so miscalculated lol
Excuse you.It is not my job to add up your tip. But if you have finally decided to dole out an appropriate 15% -20% tip instead of bragging about what a cheapskate you are (or have been), then more power to you.

disney4life2008

Excuse you.It is not my job to add up your tip. But if you have finally decided to dole out an appropriate 15% -20% tip instead of bragging about what a cheapskate you are (or have been), then more power to you.

Lol never. You can search my posts and if not every ohana visit i have left more than 15 percent.

I am very empowered. Hey, check me on cheapskate tv lol

Twirl! Twirl! -Kenya Summer Moore

BuddyThomas

Lol never. You can search my posts and if not every ohana visit i have left more than 15 percent.

I am very empowered. Hey, check me on cheapskate tv lol

Twirl! Twirl! -Kenya Summer Moore
You sound like you are going more insane with each and every post. Anyway, PEACE. We both like Disney, so stop trying to win. We both win for loving Disney. We just disagree about tipping. I wish you a beautiful evening, and wonderful dreams, and the next time we talk, hopefully, it will not be about tipping. :)

rob0519

That's the world we live in, though, and the waiters have to give set percentages of their projected tips, based on sales, to bus staff, bartenders, food runners, and sometimes host/hostesses. They don't get the whole tip. Also, they are taxed based on sales with the projection that they are earning in the range of 15% or so. So if you tip the Napoli waiter based on what you would tip at your cheap local Italian, you should probably do quick service at Disney instead. There are scenarios where waiters actually PAY money to wait on people who stiff or tip less than 15%. And I say this with about 10 years of experience.

Trust me. I understand how the system works. Read my post again. Nowhere does it say I tip less than the 15% at any restaurant. I said it was a pet peeve, so don't be so quick to tell me where to eat. Congratulations on your 10 years of experience.

disney4life2008

You sound like you are going more insane with each and every post. Anyway, PEACE. We both like Disney, so stop trying to win. We both win for loving Disney. We just disagree about tipping. I wish you a beautiful evening, and wonderful dreams, and the next time we talk, hopefully, it will not be about tipping. :)

Agreed. But as a point of reference, you choose to pull apart my post. You could have easily not responded.

Goodnight

BigRedDad

Good grief. If you are fortunate enough to be able to afford a Disney vacation AND stay on property, then you can afford a couple of dollars a day for the person who scrubs your toilet.
It has ABSOLUTELY nothing to do with how fortunate I am and what I can afford. I can easily afford to stay at the GF, take expensive tours every trip, and eat at the best of restaurants. However, I value my money and what I spend it on. I also work very hard to be able to afford the things I do. I do not get tipped at work for doing what I am already being paid to do. I also don't pay more for something I have already paid for.

Like I said, put up or shutup. Tell me how much you tip EVERY single CM you encounter while at WDW. Almost all of them are paid peanuts. Even if you only tipped each one $1/day, you would be out several hundred each day. Come on, you can afford it. You can afford a Disney vacation and stay on site. You can afford that couple hundred dollars more per day.

If Mousekeeping was a tipped position, it would be clearly noted in the reservation.

Tell me how much you tip each CM? How much each bus driver?

BigRedDad

So you quote an article for a company that admits that they do not pay their employees fairly. Is it your fault that the business has made this decision? Room rates are up 100-200%. If they are not paying their employees increased wages with the rate increases, whose fault is that? There is something in this country called Unions. They still hold a lot of power. Imagine all of the housekeepers becoming a union and shutting down ALL housekeeping in the 1,000s of hotels in the entire area. What do you think happens?

You cement proof to my own arguments. I can go on and on and on about how hypocritical you are. In a typical week, I can guarantee that you do not tip 99% of the same people you are saying you should tip. Do you tip the McDonald's cashier? Do you tip the WalMart greeter? Do you tip the grocery checkout girl? Do you tip your garbage man every week? Do you tip the police officer that just wrote you a speeding ticket? Do you tip the firefighter that you just walked by?

Make a list of all the people who work that you think are underpaid. Tell me how much you tip them every single day. Tell me who you seek out to make sure you tip them because they are doing their job.

There is identifiable proof that sales a revenue went up for places of business when they eliminated the tip culture.

G00fyDad

Not to mention that wait staff in particular are often paid far below minimum wage because it is classified as a "tipped" position in the labor market and there is that expectation that the person will earn tips based on their service level. That person living in Florida only makes $5.08 an hour BEFORE taxes. And that is only if the state goes with their minimum wage for servers. They could go with the federal minimum wage for servers at $2.13 an hour. Leaving that person a $4 tip even if they give someone excellent service had better be for only a $20 or less meal bill.

BuddyThomas

It has ABSOLUTELY nothing to do with how fortunate I am and what I can afford. I can easily afford to stay at the GF, take expensive tours every trip, and eat at the best of restaurants. However, I value my money and what I spend it on. I also work very hard to be able to afford the things I do. I do not get tipped at work for doing what I am already being paid to do. I also don't pay more for something I have already paid for.

Like I said, put up or shutup. Tell me how much you tip EVERY single CM you encounter while at WDW. Almost all of them are paid peanuts. Even if you only tipped each one $1/day, you would be out several hundred each day. Come on, you can afford it. You can afford a Disney vacation and stay on site. You can afford that couple hundred dollars more per day.

If Mousekeeping was a tipped position, it would be clearly noted in the reservation.

Tell me how much you tip each CM? How much each bus driver?
Congratulations for making yourself look like a complete tool for like the 4th time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom