• Every day

Votes: 109 75.2%
  • At the end of your stay

Votes: 36 24.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

G00fyDad

is this another topic that will no longer be allowed because it always devolves into arguments and name calling?

th.jpg

BigRedDad

Congratulations for making yourself look like a complete tool for like the 4th time.
It is funny how you do not answer the simplest of questions. Please tell me who you tip daily that you think is underpaid that provides you a service every single day? On top of that, who do you tip at WDW?

I know for a fact every CM on the CP makes peanuts. Please tell me where you draw the line?

DisAl

I agree with the moderator. What started as an honest question with useful and varied opinions has turned into a series of personal attacks.
Come on people, we are supposed to be helping others here. If you want to fight, please take it somewhere else. If not, maybe the moderator can ban people who continue to post multiple personal attacks. Let's not ruin the good thing we have going with this web site.

DiSnEyF@n

Original Poster
Oy... I come back to the forums after about 5 days and this ^^^^^^^ happens. Lol

Everyone is entitled to their own opinions.... But, for the record I asked WHEN everyone tips, not IF they tip.

Just saying.
Thanks for all of your input though, I intend to start tipping daily as most (not all) of you do!
:)

21stamps

It is not the fault of the patron who is already paying for the service in the room rate. If this is an optional service, let me sign up to NOT have them access my room. I would much rather have that than to think I am responsible for subsidizing their income. At $150+ for a Value room and Mousekeeping spending 15 minutes in my room, I think there is more than enough in that $150 to compensate them. It is not MY responsibility to be the employer for Mousekeepers. They have a choice to work there or not. I am tired of being nickel and dimed everywhere.

Do you only have a problem with Disney housekeepers, or every hotel that you stay at?

Housekeeping has always been a tipped position.. at least for my entire lifetime.
Same with servers, bag handlers, bell services...anywhere.

You can refuse service.. it's quite easy actually. Put the do not disturb sign up.. and you could go an additional step and call housekeeping to tell them you don't want service. Problem solved. It is definitely optional.

21stamps

Mousekeeping is not a tipped employee either. If they were, it would be notification in the reservation that you are responsible for XX% tip to Mousekeeping. How many people would be willing to have another 15-20% tacked on to their nightly room charges to tip?

No where in any documentation does it state that Mousekeeping is paid below minimum wage. No where does it state that I am obligated to tip Mousekeeping.

I am not paid to advertise WDW, but when I wear a shirt, I am a walking billboard. I am not making minimum wage advertising. Who is tipping me for advertising?

It's not noted because it is proper etiquette..: etiquette that should already be known by everyone over the age of 18.

Deno

I'm a Brit so the concept of automatically 18-20% even if the service was not great will always seem a little alien to me.

In 2015 we stayed at the Poly for 21 nights. For the first week we left a tip every single day but we were getting increasingly dissatisified with the service. They were having renovations done and there was a thin layer of dust over EVERYTHING. Coffee machine, pictures on the wall, TV, drawer units. My son has asthma so we politely asked at reception to have the room 'deep cleaned'. It never happened. We asked maybe, 3 or 4 times. At one point a manager came over to the room and agreed it was not acceptable. Even after the stay was over the dust was still there. Should we have dusted it down ourselves? I'm not sure. The whole room was pretty dirty.

Anyway, we had a brilliant stay but after 10 days I stopped leaving a tip. Is that acceptable? I felt i'd paid more that enough to stay there and expected top notch service.

22YrsDVC

If anyone can't take part in this thread without hurling insults, they will not be allowed to take part. Please be mindful of what you are posting.
The Administrator has spoken. So it is written, so let it be done.
Lighten up, everybody. We're here for fun and edu-tainment, so let's not be cheapskates or meanies. Personally, I'd like to tip like Rodney Dangerfield in 'Caddy Shack', "Here kid, go get yourself a haircut!".

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
Look, one time I left a half eaten Uncrustable ($2.50) about 2/3 of a chocolate milk($2) half a flatbread ($6). It was all gone when I came back to the room, so I assume the housekeepers took it. I couldn't ask since they don't speak american. Add up that value, it's over $10. And that was just one day. So who is the cheapskate?

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
Look, one time I left a half eaten Uncrustable ($2.50) about 2/3 of a chocolate milk($2) half a flatbread ($6). It was all gone when I came back to the room, so I assume the housekeepers took it. I couldn't ask since they don't speak american. Add up that value, it's over $10. And that was just one day. So who is the cheapskate?
So at these prices you bought them off property right ?

KrzyKtty

I am assuming that you are just trying to be funny with a post like this? You don't leave a tip and really, that is fine. You are entitled to that and more. Who am I to judge. Obviously the food wasn't there because it was thrown away. But could you please leave the language/race thing out of it? Even if you are just trying to be funny, on-line where is is hard to read intent, it comes off as racist and uncalled for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom