Votes: 645 81.5%
  • No

Votes: 81 10.2%
  • Undecided

Votes: 65 8.2%

• Total voters

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
As fun as it is to hear about the projections and animation behind them, my fear is that with how they're really promoting these features that the fireworks won't be as big of a focal point as they currently are in Wishes. One would think they'd be trying to innovate with fireworks too, but considering they haven't promoted that at all, I'd expect things to be scaled back in terms of pyro.

Miss wishes you will Padawan, darkness is coming

MTBaymax

Unrelated but slightly related. This video comparison of the finale of Ignite Shanghai just popped up on YouTube.

Putting aside the disappointing gradual reduction of pyro, the top left might give us a clue. Maybe Happily Ever After is poised to be the multipoint nighttime spectacular that Ignite Shanghai was supposed to be, but never was.

jrhwdw

Unrelated but slightly related. This video comparison of the finale of Ignite Shanghai just popped up on YouTube.

Putting aside the disappointing gradual reduction of pyro, the top left might give us a clue. Maybe Happily Ever After is poised to be the multipoint nighttime spectacular that Ignite Shanghai was supposed to be, but never was.

I'm not liking the reduction of Pyro in SDL! I wonder who's thought that was, SDL or WDI?
I was really disappointed when the top left didn't make SDL's opening, but the finale then was good enough I guess. I HOPE that wasn't WDI's thinking that will come to MK after HEA been open for awhile!
Then again, with the dry spell continuing in FL, who knows what HEA willl look like on May 12th. We all know that HEA or MK doesn't need to get off on the wrong foot!

MTBaymax

I'm not likeing the rductio of Pyro in SDL! I wonder who's thought that was, SDL or WDI?
I was really dissapointed when the top left didn't make SDL's openiing tbut the finale then was good enough then i guess. I HOPE thatwasn't WDI' thinking that well come to MK afeter HEA been open for awhile

I don't believe it was an issue of financial cost so much as it was environmental cost. (Noise pollution...air pollution...)

With WDW and the "blessing of size" factor, I don't believe the big booms will be a problem.

Cesar R M

I'm not liking the reduction of Pyro in SDL! I wonder who's thought that was, SDL or WDI?
I was really disappointed when the top left didn't make SDL's opening, but the finale then was good enough I guess. I HOPE that wasn't WDI's thinking that will come to MK after HEA been open for awhile!
Then again, with the dry spell continuing in FL, who knows what HEA willl look like on May 12th. We all know that HEA or MK doesn't need to get off on the wrong foot!
could be related to the contamination levels and the smoke that can pretty much blanket the entire place, and thus make the pyro harder to see?

ToTBellHop

Anyone heard anything about HEA going dark 8/20-9/2? It's not on the schedule for those two weeks (and is on the schedule through 8/19 and from 9/3 on.

jrhwdw

Yes HEA will be sadly going dark after august 19 untill sept.
So it's confirmed Now? I thought I saw a post 30-45 mins ago saying that time s might/should be added closer to summer? If it's true what's the reason? Upgrades? Low pyro supply? Might Wishes return or another show fill in? TDL might be able to get away with just OUAT in Aug but IDK if MK can!

I believe Hallo starts before Sept 2nd this year, any affect on that?

TTA94

I heard they added more lighting, search lights... is that true?

Also any idea what we can expect for the use of lasers? I'm assuming they will be shooting towards the castle from the MS buildings?

SpectroMan93

The first video announcing HEA previewed an orchestral score for the show. Disney knows how beloved Wishes is, they weren't going to replace it with Kidz Bop.

Jones14

I know part of it is PR spin, but it is heartening to hear that the arrangers are going for a sense of continuity throughout the show. One of Fantasmic's greatest strengths is that the score feels like one large piece of music rather than a series of disconnected musical 'bits'. This, plus the large orchestra, lifted my hopes (and expectations) for the show.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom