Fantasmic! 2.0 Rumors, Speculation, Announcments

Figments Friend

Yep.
A bit silly they changed the title just because Marketing elbowed their opinion in stating it will alienate the little boys demographic to have the film be named after a 'princess'.
Did that stop 'The Little Mermaid' from being a smash hit with ALL genders..?
Oy vey....
:rolleyes:

Anyway, rant over.
Back to talk about 'Fantasmic!!'.

I'm looking forward to learning more about what the new show will feature.
Hoping they build upon the foundation of its predecessor in the 'nighttime spectacular' department and strwngthen the previous weaker parts and tastefully enhance the excellent parts.
I also hope they don't side step the matter and the end result is a technology savvy production with no soul.

I have a good feeling this will be quite nice...we shall see.

If the Pink Elephants have a new sequence, that is already a plus.
So much crazy creativity can be done with just that segment alone, exspecially with projection mapping.

-

Animaniac93-98

Hoping the Genie segment is more focused around the lamp/cave of wonders than 'Never had a friend'... that song appears WAY too often in nighttime shows now

I think Aladdin is one of Steve Davison's favourite Disney movies, which is why that song keeps showing up in all recent Disney productions (which it didn't really before...beyond Aladdin specifc stuff).

TP2000

So we're publicly shaming some Disney drone over a dumb mistake? Seriously? Pretty distasteful.

Oh, please. She already publicly shamed herself to a much, much wider audience than the dozen or two people scanning through this thread today by putting her full name on the byline at the top of her article.

Which was my point. When you put your name on a byline, whether its a local Community Shopper coupon newspaper or a blog from the planet's most famous entertainment company sent to the entire globe on the Internet, you should double-check your facts and names. And apparently the University of San Francisco doesn't teach that to "Communications" majors.

Back to the show.... I'm also excited for Aladdin being included. But I agree that I hope it's not the Genie doing a splashy version of A Friend Like Me, which for much of the audience would only seem like a rehash of the famous act in the Aladdin show at the Hyperion. Hopefully there's a magic carpet number or something instead.

Last edited:

SuddenStorm

Will F!! have character appearances also from the films The Snow Queen, Buzz and Woody, and Aurora?

In regards to the snow queen- No, I don't think that F!! will have an appearance from this film.
3134727-750512509.jpg

SuddenStorm

Tokyo's Fantasmic had Friend Like Me, and it worked.

Their F! is generally less regarded by fans, I'm not saying that Aladdin was the reason- but it could be a contributing factor to a number of things.

All these changes- adding Aladdin, Pirates, etc reminds me of when they were bringing the show to WDW. Eisner wanted new, so he instructed the show creators to add more new characters. The result was a show that was bloated, and generally not as well regarded by fans.

Recently Disney shows have sort of played out as a medley of interchangeable Disney films. The creators seem to think that Disney movies are a one size fits all- and you can interchange certain clips and songs to achieve the same effect.

The 1992 Fantasmic, while being, for the most part, a form of "Disney movie medley" like most Disney shows, did something right, that kept it popular for a lot longer than it had any right to be. BUT, I really doubt that they figured out what made the original F! jive so well with fans- which makes this new iteration anything but a sure fire hit.

All we can hope for is that they manage to hit on the same major emotional notes as the original show, and have it do what it needs to do to be better than the original iteration of the show.

TP2000

Friend Like Me is being used for the Aladdin segment. It'll be fun.

Lion King obviously going in the "jungle" slot in the show.

Still haven't gotten a clear answer on how Rapunzel fits in - if it's into a new princess medley or if her scene is solo.

Thank you. I'm glad they are using some newer stuff.

Curious Constance

Friend Like Me is being used for the Aladdin segment. It'll be fun.

Lion King obviously going in the "jungle" slot in the show.

Still haven't gotten a clear answer on how Rapunzel fits in - if it's into a new princess medley or if her scene is solo.
Getting anymore of an idea of what time frame all this stuff will be making a comeback? June/July/August?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom