News Big changes coming to EPCOT's Future World?

MCast

Look at the size of the backlot tour area compared to the coming product. Be careful what you wish for.

Right - that's why I articulated in my post that bigger doesn't necessarily mean better. It offers the potential to do something ambitious, but whether that's executed appropriately is a whole other topic of conversation.

clemmo

Is anything planned for Epcot before 2020 besides the upcoming MS updates? It seems like 2020-2022 will be the majority of the work with RAT, coco in Mexico, the potential new country pavilion, GOTG, and the new spine.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Is anything planned for Epcot before 2020 besides the upcoming MS updates? It seems like 2020-2022 will be the majority of the work with RAT, coco in Mexico, the potential new country pavilion, GOTG, and the new spine.
Plenty of places to eat. Because Epcot doesn't have enough of them.

MS this year.
AmAd should go digital. As hopefully Canada will also do now.
More places to eat.
RoE replacement.

clemmo

Plenty of places to eat. Because Epcot doesn't have enough of them.

MS this year.
AmAd should go digital. As hopefully Canada will also do now.
More places to eat.
RoE replacement.
I guess FW could use some updates dining but between the endless festivals and WS I think epcot needs the least amount of help in the food department. Mk on the other hand really needs help there imo.

Oriolesmagic

If TAA goes digital, does that mean a new edit of the closing sequence, perhaps?

This. Tiger Woods and Lance Armstrong being featured during the climax of the song for so long is almost laughable and just makes it seem like Disney doesn't care about the attraction too much.

With that said, a switch to digital is definitely a step in the right direction and I'm happy to see that it's getting some love!

MCast

There's actually been 3 of them near Epcot. Hopefully it looks like the one that'll do the least damage is moving forward.

Assuming they need another hotel.

Do you know if it will be a part of Crescent Lake? Any insight into theming or walking access to Epcot?

SpaceMountain77

There's actually been 3 of them near Epcot. Hopefully it looks like the one that'll do the least damage is moving forward.

Assuming they need another hotel.

@marni1971 , please help me to understand this logic. Within three years time, three longhouses and an entire wing were subject to Disney Vacation Club conversion at Disney's Polynesian Village Resort and Disney's Wilderness Lodge Resort, respectively. Moreover, two islands will soon be razed at Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort, so that a DVC tower can be constructed.

If Disney Vacation Club conversions are necessary to address occupancy rates at existing resorts, then why are more resort hotels necessary?

Sabriel

Would it be possible, if they were to tear down the Innoventions buildings and remove the fountain of nations, to construct a large round building right in the center of the plaza. The outside border of the building could be the center of the current buildings. This would then make the area alongside the monorail bean even wider and greener when fully planted. It would also allow guest to go left or right directly to The Living Seas or Universe of Energy. The new building could house attractions or shows or whatever.

Blasphemy! You leave my favorite fountain alone! It's the only thing that helps me forget about the stupid tarps.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom