Tomorrowland's Future

SuddenStorm

Except that LucasFilm is a business unit, much like Pixar, that undoubtedly weilds large control over the IP under its belt.

Remember how much influence John Lassiter and Pixar had over Cars Land? Considering the value of the franchise I expect a similar level of input from the devopment teams inside LucasFilm responsible for assisting WDI with the delivery of the SW Land project. Again, who knows what will happen, but the probability of Star Tours going away when SW Land opens seems pretty high to me.

The idea of Lucasfilm having input and intervening is almost reassuring. I feel like the people at Lucasfilm really want this current Disney generation of Star Wars to be good, and loved by fans.

This, coupled with WDI's and Disney's newfound desire to make sure what happens at Disneyland is actually good (they don't want another DCA 1.0), means that there are a LOT of people who care not only about Star Wars, but Disneyland working on this project.

In addition, SWL will be one of Iger's last big projects for the park (if that guy ever does actually retire). So he's gonna want it to actually be good as well.

And, there's the obvious need to have SWL be better than Potter in every way.

Californian Elitist

Unpopular opinion: I don't like Star Tours, and wouldn't care if it was removed. It's a dated simulator, and the space would be better suited for some form of dark ride (as it was before).

You're not the only one with this opinion. I'm not the biggest Star Tours fan either and wouldn't blink an eye if Disney announced its demolition.

nevol

The cgi on TAC is really not great... super fake. I brought some friends to Disneyland recently and after the fireworks they wanted to head back over to DCA to try Radiator Springs Racers, but I insisted we use our fastpasses on star tours. The mayhem of going from main street to the bathroom near space mountain and then back to star tours after the fireworks didn't help, but the experience totally underwhelmed. They actually hated disneyland at that point and were turned off by the "exit through the gift shop" set-up at Star Tours as well, especially given that crowd size and how uncomfortable everyone was from start to finish.

Not only should ST go, but that entire building needs to go. Everything in TL other than Space Mountain should be under serious demolition consideration. by removing Star Tours, the dense linear midway that is tomorrowland and its bottleneck are free to open up. The path can actually curl back toward Space Mountain, even ascending and wrapping around space mountain. make the path wide enough and you have room for thousands more near the hub to watch fireworks from a new vantage point (ever noticed how the castle is just behind Star Traders but out of sight from Space Mountain's queue? Rework the queue, because its inhumane at this point to be honest. have tomorrowland connect to town square, so there is a fully-themed onstage bypass to main street after the firework shows. Keep the path closed for most of the day and open the final stretch into town square only at night when it is necessary and you have a strategy of controlling and preserving, rather, the entrance sequence into disneyland.

zooey

The cgi on TAC is really not great... super fake. I brought some friends to Disneyland recently and after the fireworks they wanted to head back over to DCA to try Radiator Springs Racers, but I insisted we use our fastpasses on star tours. The mayhem of going from main street to the bathroom near space mountain and then back to star tours after the fireworks didn't help, but the experience totally underwhelmed. They actually hated disneyland at that point and were turned off by the "exit through the gift shop" set-up at Star Tours as well, especially given that crowd size and how uncomfortable everyone was from start to finish.

Not only should ST go, but that entire building needs to go. Everything in TL other than Space Mountain should be under serious demolition consideration. by removing Star Tours, the dense linear midway that is tomorrowland and its bottleneck are free to open up. The path can actually curl back toward Space Mountain, even ascending and wrapping around space mountain. make the path wide enough and you have room for thousands more near the hub to watch fireworks from a new vantage point (ever noticed how the castle is just behind Star Traders but out of sight from Space Mountain's queue? Rework the queue, because its inhumane at this point to be honest. have tomorrowland connect to town square, so there is a fully-themed onstage bypass to main street after the firework shows. Keep the path closed for most of the day and open the final stretch into town square only at night when it is necessary and you have a strategy of controlling and preserving, rather, the entrance sequence into disneyland.

Man, I'm in the minority here but Star Tours is one of my favorite rides. I'm also a huge Star Wars fan so maybe that's all it is, but it's a must do a couple times any trip.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom