Tomorrowland's Future

Old Mouseketeer

You do have wings, let Eastern be your wings.

Wasn't Orson Wells the voice of Eastern and that attraction? As you approached the unload, I believe it was:

"You DO have wings. You CAN do all these things. WE'LL be your wings...Eastern--The Wings of Man."

(But I have been groan-worthy wrong here before. LOL)

SSG

It’s astonishing just how much real estate is taken up by the Subs and Autopia
TL SubsAutopia.png

D

Deleted member 107043

It’s astonishing just how much real estate is taken up by the Subs and Autopia

Yep, it's basically big enough for another land. At minimum it should be opened up and realigned for better traffic flow. The traffic bottlenecks and pinch points are clear even from above.

D

Deleted member 107043

It's interesting seeing the layout of the submarine building track. That building takes up a lot of space.

tumblr_m6eyxhMiMp1qc0er4.jpg

dsc01783.jpg
:jawdrop: I've never seen the catwalk inside the Subs building before. Not sure what I expected, but I'm surprised by how it looks.

mickEblu

It's interesting seeing the layout of the submarine building track. That building takes up a lot of space.

tumblr_m6eyxhMiMp1qc0er4.jpg

dsc01783.jpg

Interesting. When I was a kid I was amazed by the magic of Disneyland. In my late teens I stopped suspending disbelief and doing thing like looking up at the ceiling tiles while riding POTC and thinking "hmmm this is all fake." Now, seeing pictures like the one above adds to my appreciation of the park. It's cool to see what happens on the other side of the "show."

George Lucas on a Bench

Autopia and the submarines obviously take up a massive amount of space. But don't forget that back in the day, that acreage was also shared by the PeopleMover, Skyway and Motorboat Cruise. Add to that the Monorail, the railroad traveling right alongside it all and live mermaid babes in the lagoon. That was a great use of that space. Tomorrowland of the past > Tomorrowland of the present.

Stevek

Reviving and old thread as the site that shall not be named has posted a rumor today that the Tron coaster from Shanghai will be coming to both Disneyland (likely taking over land where launch bay/America Sings/COP once stood) and at the MK (Grand Prix Raceway plot or perhaps a CM parking area behind TL). In any case, just a rumor as they also point out that the ride tech could be used for the rumored Marvel Capt America coaster at DCA. Would seem odd to have 2 coaster right next to each other in DL's TL.

Curious Constance

Reviving and old thread as the site that shall not be named has posted a rumor today that the Tron coaster from Shanghai will be coming to both Disneyland (likely taking over land where launch bay/America Sings/COP once stood) and at the MK (Grand Prix Raceway plot or perhaps a CM parking area behind TL). In any case, just a rumor as they also point out that the ride tech could be used for the rumored Marvel Capt America coaster at DCA. Would seem odd to have 2 coaster right next to each other in DL's TL.

Which site must not be named?

mickEblu

Would be thrilled if this were true. (Just imagine how much Space Mountains wait time would drop) Sadly, I think Marvel Land will cost us the Tron Coaster too. So that's TOT and Tron now. Man, I'm really starting to hate Marvel Land.

Burgower1994

According to @vashsky on his twitter, he said that the tron coaster is not coming to Disneyland and is only coming to Disneyworld if Tron 3 becomes a success. Other things Vashsky said
-tron coaster not coming to Disneyland but expect the ride system in marvel land
-Expect a huge redo of Tomorrowland by 2024 at the earliest
https://twitter.com/VashSky

look at his twitter there a bunch of juicy rumors including marvel land, fantasyland expansion and more

Curious Constance

Would be thrilled if this were true. (Just imagine how much Space Mountains wait time would drop) Sadly, I think Marvel Land will cost us the Tron Coaster too. So that's TOT and Tron now. Man, I'm really starting to hate Marvel Land.
I'd rather see this technology used for Captain America. I personally prefer Marvel much more than Tron and that way it's unique and one of a kind.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom