• Yes

Votes: 645 81.5%
  • No

Votes: 81 10.2%
  • Undecided

Votes: 65 8.2%

• Total voters

VJ

Does make you wonder what they have planned if they also do this for Hallowishes and Holiday Wishes.....
Disneyland has been playing Believe... In Holiday Magic (the holiday counterpart to Believe... There's Magic in the Stars, Disneyland's 45th anniversary fireworks show) for over 15 years at this point, so... Don't hold your breath.

brb1006

I dint think they get why everyone loved wishes so much, it was the music. This song is starting to sound way to much like Remember the Magic, we can never forget that horrid 25th anniversary fantasy in the sky.

Remember The Magic had a 90's pop feel to it compared to Wishes.

rushtest4echo

Does it ever get tiring being so negative? Just asking out of curiosity

26,000 likes.

More people like what he has to say than you think, unfortunately. I'm sure he feeds off of the validation he feels when others 'like' his view of things. The sad part is that he'd just be dismissed as a troll elsewhere yet he seems agreeable to plenty here. Likes outnumber the rebukes for him (and other whiners). Says something about the attitudes present and why "pixiedusters" don't seem to have much of a voice or support compared to the stuff he deceminates.

Last edited:

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon

Yes actually it does, What's even more tiring is watching a place where my family and I have some of our best memories being strip mined for short term gain. All I and most of the so callled 'Haters' want is to Disney to return to the standards they set for themselves in the days before Iger as the parks under Iger are devolving back to the days of Paul Pressler, Unique theming is being replaced with Ikea Flat Pack furnishings i'm not paying north of 300/night at a moderate to stay in a place which is a pale imitation of a hampton inn in decor and amenities. Ill stay in the real Hampton at half the price and get HHonors points and Stay credits at the same time.

Please tell me of the incalculable benefits of onsite beyond FP Also I was part of the first group of FP testers at the Contemporary and my group could not double dip. After that freaking test i could not make a FP reservation for 2 years because Disney IT hosed my account and could not fix it for the inconvenience i got squat. Because I'm DVC disney could not delete and recreate

So family got to ride attractions while i sat around. So color me not impressed with either systems or customer service under the current management

Last edited:

Kman101

IDK, I personally love being able to book a FP on my phone (though I don't love that some can book 30 days and some can book 60; there never seems to be Frozen available, not that I necessarily want it, having been on it once, that was probably enough for a long while; it's just an example). The entire thing really isn't as bad as it was made out to be. I also noticed they FINALLY updated the MDE app for iPhones. Much better, I would have loved an update when I was there, the app was sluggish and not working great at all.

I even caught a glitch the other day where I could edit a FP I just used to get another one (and I don't mean after using up my three, but it didn't always do it when I tried). I've also never had an issue with the magic band but I know ford has had quite a problem with them (I haven't had a room with the band, I stay in the Disney Springs area not at one of their way overpriced hotels) so I get his stance on MDE. Well, I did have one time this time where the band didn't seem to scan at the tapstile but I wiped my finger and it worked just fine.

disney4life2008

The Brian McKnight version still gives me the feels. That was a great CD.

Remember the magic /25 anniversary was an amazing celebration from start to finish. For me, that was the golden age. By 911, everything started to change (understandable) but wdw has been on a downward trend since then.

It took all this time to build avatarland, they let spectromagic die, building tons of dvc, not improving anything already in place, the list goes on.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Remember the magic /25 anniversary was an amazing celebration from start to finish. For me, that was the golden age. By 911, everything started to change (understandable) but wdw has been on a downward trend since then.

It took all this time to build avatarland, they let spectromagic die, building tons of dvc, not improving anything already in place, the list goes on.

The problem with DVC is while at first the DVC resorts were amazing examples being AKL and WL, BLT did an amazing job of replicating the 'feel' of The Contemporary we got the first installment of 'cheap' furnishings this raised the profit of the initial build but stuck the owners with excessive costs for maintenance and rooms which at best look like they have been trashed

Then GF where they did not bother with the exterior details and did the cheap ikea finish inside,

Now we move to the poly and its obvious that Disney did not even try here with the cheap and nasty room refits and a lobby in the GCH which would embarrass the local hampton inn but has LOTS of retail space. Not to mention the 'pizza huts' which at least have some style.

Now we come to the defurbushment of WL with the cottages courtesy of 'Discount Sheds Inc' and furnished by Ikea. And to add insult to injury the area was denuded of trees which completely ruins the Forest Service hotel vibe of the place.

Over at Port Orleans the defurbushment of the Sassagoula Floatworks from a Mardi Gras Float warehouse to a hospital cafeteria (with the edge on decor going to your local hospital)

Its become quite obvious that Disney has no further interest in the details which once defined the disney experience

disney4life2008

The problem with DVC is while at first the DVC resorts were amazing examples being AKL and WL, BLT did an amazing job of replicating the 'feel' of The Contemporary we got the first installment of 'cheap' furnishings this raised the profit of the initial build but stuck the owners with excessive costs for maintenance and rooms which at best look like they have been trashed

Then GF where they did not bother with the exterior details and did the cheap ikea finish inside,

Now we move to the poly and its obvious that Disney did not even try here with the cheap and nasty room refits and a lobby in the GCH which would embarrass the local hampton inn but has LOTS of retail space. Not to mention the 'pizza huts' which at least have some style.

Now we come to the defurbushment of WL with the cottages courtesy of 'Discount Sheds Inc' and furnished by Ikea. And to add insult to injury the area was denuded of trees which completely ruins the Forest Service hotel vibe of the place.

Over at Port Orleans the defurbushment of the Sassagoula Floatworks from a Mardi Gras Float warehouse to a hospital cafeteria (with the edge on decor going to your local hospital)

Its become quite obvious that Disney has no further interest in the details which once defined the disney experience

Agreed 100 percent. My issue with the poly dvc is that for the amount you pay to stay there, i would want privacy. There is none, from 7am to 2 hours after park close you have the ferry boats where people wre live pointing and starring.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom